Notices
Macan EV Discuss the 2024 Porsche Macan EV
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Anyone receive their gift from PCNA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024, 01:18 PM
Dgkli
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm happy to sell mine. It always amuses me that a discount on something expensive becomes a "gift." Not to mention how much they must have spent on packaging these, an expense which does none of us any good. Mr. Resch, rather than excite me, or make me feel appreciated, this makes me feel that Porsche just has money to burn...I'll take a discount off MSRP please, perhaps as compensation for the fact that my car has been sitting (presumably exposed) at the port for the past two months without explanation. An email would most certainly have sufficed. In case you're interested in one Porsche customer's opinion.

Edit. I just want to add for clarification, that I have nothing against the PEC experience. I'm sure it's a lot of fun, and is a great way to get a car delivered. But this is a big country and not all of us can fit a visit to Atlanta or LA into the next 4 months.

Last edited by Dgkli; 08-29-2024 at 01:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dgkli:
daveo4porsche (08-29-2024), mnl (08-29-2024)
Old 08-29-2024, 03:11 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,974 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by tmrqs
I may be interested in buying some of these at a discount if they are going to go unused. 🙃
they pretty clearly state they are non-transferable - now that might just be legal boiler plate - but they may also "enforce" it - I'm thinking they are sending them to people doing PEC deliveries and that also explains the "narrow" time window - basically you can add a discounted "experience" to your Macan EV pick up - I plan to do a 911 Turbo/GT3/RS experience based on date/availability

YMMV
Old 08-29-2024, 03:45 PM
Ian A Fakeman
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
they pretty clearly state they are non-transferable - now that might just be legal boiler plate - but they may also "enforce" it - I'm thinking they are sending them to people doing PEC deliveries and that also explains the "narrow" time window - basically you can add a discounted "experience" to your Macan EV pick up - I plan to do a 911 Turbo/GT3/RS experience based on date/availability

YMMV
I got one, but I'm not doing a PEC delivery, so I doubt I'll use it.
Old 08-29-2024, 03:59 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ian A Fakeman
I got one, but I'm not doing a PEC delivery, so I doubt I'll use it.
thanks for the update - so much for that theory!!!

needing to be used before the end of this year is pretty weak sauce - should be at least 2025 if not tied to PEC delivery customers…
Old 08-29-2024, 04:17 PM
tmrqs
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

thanks for the update - so much for that theory!!!

needing to be used before the end of this year is pretty weak sauce - should be at least 2025 if not tied to PEC delivery customers…
Also no PEC delivery and got one. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (08-29-2024)
Old 08-30-2024, 01:07 AM
markcochran
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I thought this might be a great way to try out a Macan 4 at Los Angeles PEC, a quick day-trip from Tucson. Here's what the PEC said: "Thank you for contacting us regarding your voucher, congratulations on your new Macan Electric!
Currently we are not expected to receive and Macan Electric in our fleet until early 2025. We'd be more than happy to notify you of the start date of those experiences once we launch those programs."

I'm not really interested in driving any of the cars they do have (had Boxsters for 20+ years), and not at the prices they're charging. The voucher will expire long before LA gets a demo car. So I'll have to settle for a drive around the block at the dealer next month. My 4s is scheduled for delivery on December 9.
Old 08-30-2024, 01:30 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,047 Posts

Interesting. I got the same card but a different letter that specifically called out being a taycan owner as well …
Old 08-30-2024, 01:42 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
Interesting. I got the same card but a different letter that specifically called out being a taycan owner as well …
as a previous Taycan owner I also got the "taycan" letter…
AlexCeres (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024, 03:45 AM
alvaro_m
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not surprised by this. When I did my ride along at PCNA-ATL the instructor was pretty adamant that the delivery was going to be delayed, so even the event was scheduled to keep customers happy.
I was just informed my build is done, so Im guessing it will be on the mid-september boat from Emden to Jacksonville. I have no use for the discount...
Old 08-30-2024, 09:49 AM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

We *were* thinking of a PEC delivery for $1k, but, with this I think we'll skip that, as there is a "drive you own car on our track following a lead car" for $600. I'd get that and apply this credit towards it. Providing we'll get our car in time
Old 08-30-2024, 02:04 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,123 Posts

as a previous Taycan owner I also got the "taycan" letter…
Yes same, received 2 days ago.

I think this was a very nice and unexpected touch. I live about 45 minutes away from the LA center and will take advantage. I've been there several times before in various GT, EV, and 'regular' cars. probably will get a Carrera S or cayman s, ($700 I think), the track is so small that I actually enjoy the car control and skidpad exercises more than the track work, and couldn't care less about the drag strip. It's also just not, for me, that fun with really fast cars.

daveo4porsche (08-30-2024)
Old 09-01-2024, 05:29 AM
burnspbesq
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got it. Yawn. Now if I’d gotten a discount on my dealer’s next day at COTA, I might actually use that.
Old 09-03-2024, 08:51 PM
jsclarke
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default must be used by 12/21; no availability through 12/21

Originally Posted by burnspbesq
Got it. Yawn. Now if I’d gotten a discount on my dealer’s next day at COTA, I might actually use that.
What a class act. Porsche, better not to have done anything at all than give a "gift" that expires on 12/21, when you cannot get a reservation by 12/21. I just got this reply. from them:

Unfortunately, our Porsche Owner Drive Experiences are completely booked out for the rest of the year also our last day of operations for this year will be on Saturday, December 21st before we close for the holidays and re-open again in the new year.

Please let us know if there is another drive experience you are interested in and if there is a specific date(s) and time you’d like to book for.
Thank you,

Customer Experience Team, PECLA
www.porschedriving.com | Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles |19800 S. Main Street Carson, CA 90745
Old 09-03-2024, 08:57 PM
tmrqs
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by jsclarke
What a class act. Porsche, better not to have done anything at all than give a "gift" that expires on 12/21, when you cannot get a reservation by 12/21. I just got this reply. from them:

Unfortunately, our Porsche Owner Drive Experiences are completely booked out for the rest of the year also our last day of operations for this year will be on Saturday, December 21st before we close for the holidays and re-open again in the new year.

Please let us know if there is another drive experience you are interested in and if there is a specific date(s) and time you’d like to book for.
Thank you,

Customer Experience Team, PECLA
www.porschedriving.com | Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles |19800 S. Main Street Carson, CA 90745
That seems to be just for the Owner experience - there are quite a few more available - but it sucks if that’s the only one of interest to you.

But if someone doesn’t plan on using their code… I’m interested, planning my trip to ATL!

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Anyone receive their gift from PCNA?