Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Rear legroom

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2024, 02:40 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Rear legroom

Does anyone have a sense of the rear legroom. I was thinking of switching out my Mercedes EQS sedan for a Macan EV. I dont need S-class legroom in the back, but I do have a 4 year old son in a convertible car seat, and I prefer he has proper legroom and isn't constantly kicking the seatbacks due to lack of legroom.

I thought the Macan EV looked roomier than the ICE Macan, but then I saw this image which raised a concern. Does anyone have any measurements?

Old 08-07-2024, 02:55 PM
Awas
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Most reviewers have shown rear seat legroom, and they found it better than the ICE Macan.
Good to check out some reviews.
I understand, they added 4 inches to the wheelbase and most of that benefits rear legroom.
Old 08-07-2024, 05:14 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,974 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Does anyone have a sense of the rear legroom. I was thinking of switching out my Mercedes EQS sedan for a Macan EV. I dont need S-class legroom in the back, but I do have a 4 year old son in a convertible car seat, and I prefer he has proper legroom and isn't constantly kicking the seatbacks due to lack of legroom.

I thought the Macan EV looked roomier than the ICE Macan, but then I saw this image which raised a concern. Does anyone have any measurements?

it's slightly better than ICE Macan but it still no Cayenne - for me personally this. has always been my complaint about Macan - the rear leg room - but now that my kids are grown and I rarely have rear seat passengers it's no big deal - also I drove a 2020 Taycan Turbo for 4 years - and the rear seat in the Taycan is even tighter than the Macan ICE or EV - and I have a Cayenne for when I need rear seat legroom

while the Macan EV is better than then ICE Macan - I wouldn't plan on it being a revelation - the Macan's market is still small/mid-sized SUV - and the new EV reflects that in all dimensions…

but for me it's no worse than a Taycan and actually quite a bit better - so it's an "upgrade" in terms of moving from Taycan to Macan and passenger cabin volume.

picture below was taken at PECLA w/Macan Turbo EV in the show room - driver's seat is all the way back (a position for me personally I would never be in while driving) and my 6'1" buddy was able to sit behind the seat and he said it was not horrible - so if you figure the seat will be forward quite a bit more - legroom should be adequate…

Note: picture _IS_ a new EV Macan - and his left knee is not touching the seat - driver's seat is _ALL THE WAY BACK_ in this photo on purpose - so this picture represents the worse case rear seat legroom.

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 08-07-2024 at 05:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Awas (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 08:57 PM
PSPJames
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree with Dave. There were four of us in the car at PECLA. My husband and I were in the backseat and it was fine. Agreed...it doesn't have the room our Cayenne does, but rarely do we have anyone in the back other than our dog. I did notice the Macan doesn't have the air vents in the B-pillar like the Cayenne, and the rear windows don't roll down all the way (which our dog won't appreciate).
The following 2 users liked this post by PSPJames:
daveo4porsche (08-07-2024), TurboIXXI (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 09:16 PM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPJames
I agree with Dave. There were four of us in the car at PECLA. My husband and I were in the backseat and it was fine. Agreed...it doesn't have the room our Cayenne does, but rarely do we have anyone in the back other than our dog. I did notice the Macan doesn't have the air vents in the B-pillar like the Cayenne, and the rear windows don't roll down all the way (which our dog won't appreciate).
I noticed the rear window at PECLA, too. real bummer. my dog is going to sneeze all over that thing.
Old 08-07-2024, 09:18 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,974 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboIXXI
I noticed the rear window at PECLA, too. real bummer. my dog is going to sneeze all over that thing.
wife and I are very very happy with this in our Cayenne - keeps the back seat available and not more nose prints all over windows - if/when Macan EV shows up dog box will move to Macan (spec's claims it will fit we'll see) and then Cayenne will be avialble for "cargo" duty - and daily dog runs to the park will be done with the dog box in the Macan

https://shop.porsche.com/us/en-US/p/...91-B/9Y0044891

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Rear legroom