Notices
Macan EV Discuss the 2024 Porsche Macan EV
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Tips on choosing and working with a dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2024, 10:12 AM
JoshL
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tips on choosing and working with a dealer?

Having nearly arrived on a configuration for a 4S; I now need to work with a dealer to get it ordered.

Are there any tips on choosing a dealer, and then working with them to order the car? There are 3 that are reasonable distances from me - should I go with the closest for any reason (should I service with who I buy it from for any reason)?

I contacted a sales rep at one that said they have an allocation and for 4k have an estimated delivery of 12/15. Would other dealers have the same dates and costs?

At this point I don't feel I have a lot to ask the dealer on the configuration, besides going in to see some of the color options in person - thanks to all the good information here.

I'm in Boulder, Colorado so the ones I could pick from are Prestige Imports in Denver (4.1 stars on Google), Porsche Littleton (4.6 stars on Google). or Porsche Fort Collins (4.4 stars on Google)

Thanks!
-Josh
Old 08-06-2024, 02:49 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought my ICE Macan from a dealer 500 miles away and have never been back. The local dealer has been more than happy to service it. That's where dealerships make their money.
The following users liked this post:
Awas (08-06-2024)
Old 08-06-2024, 04:02 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,974 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshL
Having nearly arrived on a configuration for a 4S; I now need to work with a dealer to get it ordered.

Are there any tips on choosing a dealer, and then working with them to order the car? There are 3 that are reasonable distances from me - should I go with the closest for any reason (should I service with who I buy it from for any reason)?

I contacted a sales rep at one that said they have an allocation and for 4k have an estimated delivery of 12/15. Would other dealers have the same dates and costs?

At this point I don't feel I have a lot to ask the dealer on the configuration, besides going in to see some of the color options in person - thanks to all the good information here.

I'm in Boulder, Colorado so the ones I could pick from are Prestige Imports in Denver (4.1 stars on Google), Porsche Littleton (4.6 stars on Google). or Porsche Fort Collins (4.4 stars on Google)

Thanks!
-Josh
Steven's Creek Porsche in San Jose, CA will happily sell you a Macan - call Mike LeGear and tell them I referred you…delivery can be PECLA or PECATL and you'll have a great time!! If you order a prosche experience delivery - it won't matter where you order your car from.

https://www.porschestevenscreek.com
  • Sales 855-399-5694

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 08-06-2024 at 05:03 PM.
Jeff Whitten (08-08-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 12:28 AM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

Can you please explain to use newbies what is meant by your sentence…,

If you order a Porsche experience delivery - it won't matter where you order your car from.”

TU.

Old 08-07-2024, 12:47 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Can you please explain to use newbies what is meant by your sentence…,

If you order a Porsche experience delivery - it won't matter where you order your car from.”

TU.
if you order experience delivery - you get to pick up your vehicle from either the porsche experience center in Los Angeles or Atlanta (your choice) - it's a day of fun, food, experience and personalized care for your vehicle delivery. You then get to take your vehicle from the experience center and drive it home,

I'm doing it for my Macan in Atlanta - and I've done it before for my wife's Cayenne and my 911 GT3 in europe - I had a fabulous time each time and highly recommend it (at least once).

buy it from any dealer you like or can find- and pick up your new car in Los angeles for example. And they will do a better job answering your questions during delivery than a clueless dealership sales man that doesn't know anything about EV's. And food at the restaurant is excellent, and the on track experience is super super fun.

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 08-07-2024 at 12:55 AM.
TC Cruising (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 01:05 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GMPNW
The local dealer has been more than happy to service it. That's where dealerships make their money.
not on an EV - old guard dealerships are learning this and they don't like it.

tires, wipers, and cabin airfilters, ,and the ocassional brake fluid flush - other than that it's repairs only (which we all hope are rare/infrequent).
Old 08-07-2024, 01:08 AM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

Excellent; thank you. PECLA is in our latest configuration.
daveo4porsche (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 02:29 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
Steven's Creek Porsche in San Jose, CA will happily sell you a Macan - call Mike LeGear and tell them I referred you…delivery can be PECLA or PECATL and you'll have a great time!! If you order a prosche experience delivery - it won't matter where you order your car from.

https://www.porschestevenscreek.com
  • Sales 855-399-5694
Can I ask what makes Steven's creek special if you are taking delivery in Atlanta. Do they have better pricing?
Awas (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 02:38 PM
Awas
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Can I ask what makes Steven's creek special if you are taking delivery in Atlanta. Do they have better pricing?
I didn't think Porsche prices are negotiable on this new Macan. I tried, but they didn't budge.
Old 08-07-2024, 02:42 PM
tmrqs
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Awas
I didn't think Porsche prices are negotiable on this new Macan. I tried, but they didn't budge.
No success on my end either.

What I have seen is people recommend dealers because they do not charge ADM - which seemingly is relatively common in California (based on posts, no first hand experience).
Awas (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 03:04 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
they've alwasy been fair with me and nicer than other dealers - pricing has been fair and they have worked to get me a car - other dealers seem too busy to deal with me and treated me like crap

I won't say steven's creek is not a car dealer, they are - but of all the Porsche dealers in the sF bay area they seem the most reasonable - YMMV

at the end of the day I prefer Tesla's "sales" model - the dealship network and having a go between is pointless middle man IMHO.

but if we have to have dealers I prefer ones that don't treat me like dirt.
The following 2 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
bandrews (08-07-2024), tmrqs (08-07-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 11:50 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,394 Likes on 640 Posts

man it sounds like some of you guys have had some trauma on previous sales experience.

we have 2 changeable Macan 4S allocations FYI
Old 08-09-2024, 01:12 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
man it sounds like some of you guys have had some trauma on previous sales experience.

I would also buy a car from CJ and look forward to doing so one day - Fresno Porsche if I remember correctly CJ? Edit: ahhh I'm blind - it's there in his signature…

Respect! for buying a car from a dealer than can drive it faster than I can and know more about it than I do.

and yes you'd be amazed at what some sales people have told me when I was trying to give them money to purchase their product.

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 08-09-2024 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-09-2024, 01:20 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

are there any updates to delivery expectations you can share for the first batch of Macan's in USA/California - is Sept. 20th still the "official" date - have any of your customers taken delivery?

I am _NOT_ asking for any "secret" info - but I'm very interested in any updates on any official words…
Old 08-09-2024, 03:03 PM
driege
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
are there any updates to delivery expectations you can share for the first batch of Macan's in USA/California - is Sept. 20th still the "official" date - have any of your customers taken delivery?

I am _NOT_ asking for any "secret" info - but I'm very interested in any updates on any official words…
Bellevue (WA) Porsche said all 4 of their test drive units are slated to arrive on September 20th as well.
TC Cruising (08-09-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Tips on choosing and working with a dealer?