Notices
Macan EV Discuss the 2024 Porsche Macan EV
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Tips on choosing and working with a dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2024, 03:40 PM
beye
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 80 Posts

So, in Europe and in the US, test drive units as well as first deliveries will arrive on September the 20th. It is going to be a VERY busy week for porsche dealerships all over the world!
Old 08-09-2024, 08:59 PM
craz8
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by driege
Bellevue (WA) Porsche said all 4 of their test drive units are slated to arrive on September 20th as well.
I'm hoping they'll have a launch party to get a lot of people to the cars in a single event, or weekend long thing. I've switched my waiting list to the 4S at this dealer, and am hoping an allocation comes up soon after we see the cars in person! I'm in no rush to drive one of these 4 on the 20th, the 21st works too.
Old 08-10-2024, 03:06 AM
driege
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by craz8
I'm hoping they'll have a launch party to get a lot of people to the cars in a single event, or weekend long thing. I've switched my waiting list to the 4S at this dealer, and am hoping an allocation comes up soon after we see the cars in person! I'm in no rush to drive one of these 4 on the 20th, the 21st works too.
Hmm, Porsche Bellevue told me they have several 4S allocations available. If you put in a deposit now, it will be an October build to be delivered early January.
Old 08-10-2024, 03:20 AM
craz8
7th Gear

Originally Posted by driege
Hmm, Porsche Bellevue told me they have several 4S allocations available. If you put in a deposit now, it will be an October build to be delivered early January.
It’s really hard to tell what they have. They said they had some. I said ‘I’ll take one’ they said, nope, not yet, but we’ll move you to the list.

They do send these mails that look like ‘hey, you’re up!’, but are actually just ‘keeping in touch’ mailers made to look personal

It’s quite frustrating - to get back to this post’s topic.

I will email again to ask though, since they seem a little confused
Old 08-11-2024, 01:08 AM
craz8
7th Gear

So now my dealer has 1 less allocation for January delivery!

Dealer communication is important - mine is clearly not great - so you might need to manage that. In my case, this is my closest dealer, so I’m willing to cut a bit of slack here, but not everyone makes that same choice.
Old 08-13-2024, 01:29 AM
marcocean
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for asking this question. I bought an Audi from McKenna Audi in Southern California a couple of years ago and the owner of all McKenna car dealerships in SoCal texted me after I bought the car and told me to text him or call him if I ever needed anything. Pretty impressive that he’d share his personal phone number.

So, I decided to connect with him about buying a Porsche Macan EV. He quickly responded and connected me with the general manager of his Porsche dealership. Well, I have not been impressed with this guy. It takes him forever to respond and he says he’ll call me but never does. He also won’t answer my questions about allocations and how the process works. So annoying. Thinking about going to another dealer because if the general manager can’t answer questions, I’m sure his sales team won’t be much better.

Has anyone had any good experiences with dealers in Southern California? Recommendations? Thanks!
Old 08-13-2024, 01:53 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by marcocean
Thank you for asking this question. I bought an Audi from McKenna Audi in Southern California a couple of years ago and the owner of all McKenna car dealerships in SoCal texted me after I bought the car and told me to text him or call him if I ever needed anything. Pretty impressive that he’d share his personal phone number.

So, I decided to connect with him about buying a Porsche Macan EV. He quickly responded and connected me with the general manager of his Porsche dealership. Well, I have not been impressed with this guy. It takes him forever to respond and he says he’ll call me but never does. He also won’t answer my questions about allocations and how the process works. So annoying. Thinking about going to another dealer because if the general manager can’t answer questions, I’m sure his sales team won’t be much better.

Has anyone had any good experiences with dealers in Southern California? Recommendations? Thanks!
Try Long Beach Porsche (formerly known as Circle Porsche).
The following users liked this post:
marcocean (08-13-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 04:47 AM
beye
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by marcocean
(…) if the general manager can’t answer questions, I’m sure his sales team won’t be much better.
(…)!
Bad managers do exist, and you can also assume that the sales team has to compensate!
Nature abhors a vacuum.
Old 08-14-2024, 01:00 PM
PSPJames
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered mine with Porsche Riverside (Charles White is my sales guy). He's been super responsive and helpful, even assisting when the 4S was announced and helped me swap my order from the Macan4 to the Macan4S. He said they are a larger dealer and get more allocations. I just figure at this price point, service should be #1. I tried my local dealer (Palm Springs) and it took them 9 days to return my email. Not acceptable.
Old 08-14-2024, 01:04 PM
Awas
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

@PSPJames
That's good.
What is your anticipated delivery date?
Old 08-14-2024, 01:08 PM
PSPJames
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Freeze date is 9/26 with estimated delivery 12/20. My Macan 4 was scheduled for September. I just decided I'd rather have the 2025 4S vs the 2024 4.
The following users liked this post:
Awas (08-14-2024)
Old 08-14-2024, 01:16 PM
fubar.droid
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Well I'm glad my dealer didn't charge an ADM. I only have one dealer in my city and there are no other within a 3 hour drive.
Old 08-14-2024, 01:58 PM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPJames
I ordered mine with Porsche Riverside (Charles White is my sales guy). He's been super responsive and helpful, even assisting when the 4S was announced and helped me swap my order from the Macan4 to the Macan4S. He said they are a larger dealer and get more allocations. I just figure at this price point, service should be #1. I tried my local dealer (Palm Springs) and it took them 9 days to return my email. Not acceptable.
When's your delivery date? I also ordered from Riverside. ETA 9/20
Old 08-14-2024, 03:38 PM
marcocean
AutoX

Originally Posted by PSPJames
Thank you! So far, I've not been impressed by McKenna Porsche.
Old 08-14-2024, 04:05 PM
marcocean
AutoX

TurboIXXI, have a good experience with Riverside too? Did they have a ADM?

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Tips on choosing and working with a dealer?