Notices
Macan EV Discuss the 2024 Porsche Macan EV
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Standard side window trims and side blades?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2024, 05:41 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

First off is anyone but you going to notice those lower parts?

Then go halfway; go the easy way and get Adams Graphene VRT (Vinyl/Rubber/Trim). My Macan is never going to go to a show. It will be my very nicely kept daily driver. Adam’s Graphene VRT (differrent from their regular VRT), has graphene and ceramics in it. It will give typical black a slight sheen, sort of like a satiny look. It will last longer and be shinier than a typical VRT product but it will not give it a gloss look. But for those few matte parts of my current iX M60 and for our upcoming, replacement Macan Turbo such as its lower rear “diffuser”, or the matte wheel arches (and similar) if I had a Macan 4, it will made it look good IMO (at least not dull).

And so easy and quick to apply (just like any other detailer with a microfiber.). Again, I will use it on our Macan Turbo at the bottom rear, e.g., the so called “diffuser.” I typically use it about every other time I wash the car, or if I choose not to wash it because it is more dusty than dirty, I instead use Adams Graphene CS3 detailer on its paint, but switch to Graphene VRT for the matte rubber and similar parts.

Full disclosure whenever I get a new vehicle, daily driver’s included, they get an initial full paint correction, IronX, a thorough cleaning with isopropyl alcohol (50% diluted), then on some parts XPEL or equivalent, then lastly a pure high quality ceramic coating. But then I use the much quicker, easier and cheaper interim products for the next few years, e.g. the Adams Graphene CS3 and similar. When I keep a vehicle longer than three years it will then at that time, again get the identical to its being brand new described full process. but in the interim I truly cannot be bothered t do more than the interim products. I love driving. I hate cleaning; I hate detailing and all of those maintainence things.
The following users liked this post:
TomekGnomek (08-09-2024)
Old 08-08-2024, 07:22 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 782 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboIXXI
I went with gloss black because the fender arches are gloss black and the window glass is naturally glossy. The only part that isn't gloss is the front windshield trim.. kind of annoying this is matte black with the gloss or turbonite trim. Can we get Porsche to fix this?
From the pictures shared by the next post after yours, it looks like the windshield side trim and a piece on the front bumper are rubber, thus matte black. Other trim pieces in gloss black are painted.

TC Cruising (08-08-2024)
Old 08-08-2024, 08:24 PM
JonoNZ
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Still not a fan of Turbinate on the Ice Grey Metallic, mine is configured gloss black everywhere, including the front blades.
The following 2 users liked this post by JonoNZ:
TC Cruising (08-09-2024), tmrqs (08-08-2024)
Old 08-08-2024, 10:03 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Based on quite a few posts, we do not have more than a few turbonite fans here.

It would not surprise me if on the 2026 or 2027 Macans that there is not even a turbonite option, and that badges even on Turbo models, perhaps solely in my opinion, hopefully have returned to being colorful as they are on most Porsches. The colorful Porsche badges are a glorious work of art IMO. Someone chose to dumb it down (again my opinion; YMV).

I thought about changing to the traditional colorful hood one — and might still do so, but sadly learned that to do so for the steering wheel would involve a new airbag. Oh well if this is my negative focal point…, LOL but at myself.
Old 08-08-2024, 10:13 PM
JonoNZ
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually quite like the Turbonite badge, just not the plastic bits on the exterior and interior -- for some reason has a cheap vibe to me, but I totally understand it's personal preference.
TC Cruising (08-08-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 03:28 PM
beye
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 80 Posts

Gloss black everywhere on my Macan, and no Turbonite inside thanks to extended leather black/limestone.
However, I like gray porsche badge ; inside and outside.
I was not sure for the lower part of the outside mirrors, in the end, I let them gloss black: it seems logical with the gloss black side blade!
I spec’ed the blue front lights in order to add some color to my « sad » ice grey/gloss black car…
Old 08-09-2024, 07:54 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Nice the Porsche offers us choices as some of us clearly have different visual preferences

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Standard side window trims and side blades?