Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Black/Blackberry Interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 12:34 AM
docgrace
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black/Blackberry Interior

Any thoughts on the blackberry interior? Will this negatively impact resale value? Curious if anyone has seen this in person. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2024, 02:43 AM
ExVolt
AutoX

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The configurator does Blackberry no favors. It shows it as almost lavender in 360 mode. Because of this, we dismissed it.

We then went into our dealer to look at samples, and it is a very dark purple, truly the color of blackberries. We loved it.

I then read a bunch of reviews on the Taycan forum with photos and everyone who posted said the same thing: the photos don’t look like reality; the photos always look lighter.

I then tried to figure out this discrepancy and it’s because of how our eyes process purple. The red and blue receptors in our eyes are in different areas and digital photos struggle to accurately represent the merge of blue and red.

I will try to post a photo that looks like reality. The left side is the exterior Provence, upper right is Blackberry interior, lower right is black leather. I had to adjust the colors so the photo matched what my eye perceived.

The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 06:48 AM
mikeright
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

In general the colours in the configurator are not so much accurate.
It happens with the exterior and interior ones.

Ice grey for example is impossible to represent.
Volcano grey is much more accurate without the 3D render, while gential blue is the opposite.
Turbonite wheels are a nightmare too.

I am trying to be more patient and wait to see in the flesh some of my desired configurations.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Black/Blackberry Interior