Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Ice grey: is it white?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 12:27 PM
beye
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Ice grey: is it white?

First sample is pure plain white: calibrate your screen, and you will have a good understanding of ice grey.
In the flesh, alone, it seems to be white, but it’s not. But to me, it’s not grey, even though it seems grey with my pictures. My pictures are misleading, and I do not know why!.
Very strange color, I like it!
A white that is not white ; a grey that is not grey ; maybe the best definition of Ice Grey.

3 samples

Ice grey

Ice grey

Ice grey
The following users liked this post:
Llarry (07-16-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 12:52 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 135 Posts

Thanks for posting. In your photos with three different panels, what are they and in what order?
Old 04-10-2024, 01:19 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 106 Posts

In the flesh it's sorta a blueish grey
Old 04-10-2024, 02:25 PM
DistinctSpite
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ticket Target
In the flesh it's sorta a blueish grey
while I don’t disagree it’s way subtler and more grey off white tones then blue. If it was a really blue tone I wouldn’t love it
Old 04-10-2024, 02:40 PM
beye
Instructor

Originally Posted by mb1
Thanks for posting. In your photos with three different panels, what are they and in what order?
you’re welcome!

1. white
2. carrara white metallic
3. ice grey metallic

Old 04-12-2024, 11:16 PM
mnl
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 36 Posts

when i saw it in person on a taycan my first thought was "snow"
to me it looks just like snow, sparkles and all! not what i wanted for my car, but definitely a very nice color
Old 04-12-2024, 11:31 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 348 Posts

Lots of great pics in this thread. Looks very different depending on lighting. I’m a fan.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1312...-metallic.html
Old 04-21-2024, 10:54 AM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,249 Likes on 631 Posts

Put it next to actual white and it looks grey. It really depends on light too. In direct sun it looks more white, but during golden hour it has more gray. It gets a lot of compliments and people ask what color it is. It also looks clean even when it’s filthy, so it’s great for a driver.

Old 06-06-2024, 06:12 AM
mikeright
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I have just the chance to see in the flesh one macan 4 in ice grey. Definitely it is impossible to have a clear view of how is this color just watching photos or videos.

It is not white at all. It is light grey and less metallic than other metallic colors. Crayon is much more beige.

So in general the color is much more stable to light changes than for example the dolomite silver or gentian blue are.

Do I like it? Yes, more than I expected specially combined with details in black gloss. But maybe not as much as dolomite silver.

Side by side I have a panamera turbo in Dolomite silver with black gloss details and it was just awesome!

TC Cruising (06-08-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 12:47 PM
Taycanted
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeright
I have just the chance to see in the flesh one macan 4 in ice grey. Definitely it is impossible to have a clear view of how is this color just watching photos or videos.

It is not white at all. It is light grey and less metallic than other metallic colors. Crayon is much more beige.

So in general the color is much more stable to light changes than for example the dolomite silver or gentian blue are.

Do I like it? Yes, more than I expected specially combined with details in black gloss. But maybe not as much as dolomite silver.

Side by side I have a panamera turbo in Dolomite silver with black gloss details and it was just awesome!
Ice Grey is an awesome color and doesn't have any "bad" light conditions. It gets a LOT of compliments and is really just a more interesting version of Carrera White.

It looks very white in certain conditions but gets a really neat gray shade in dusk conditions.

Awesome, super safe color pick if you're on the fence. I doubt many people would hate it and a lot of people love it.

Important to note that the color sample for ice grey is sort of bizarre. If you look at a color sample and then look at a car in ice grey, they look like two different colors. Then you put it next to the car and it "syncs" up. Something about the color improves when it's done on a larger scale. The color looks BETTER on a car than on a sample, kind of hard to explain.

Last edited by Taycanted; 06-12-2024 at 12:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Taycanted:
Awas (06-12-2024), beye (06-13-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 03:11 AM
beye
Instructor

My Macan EV will be Ice Grey. I did’nt see yet a real IG car, just IG samples.
Can’t wait september to see it in the flesh, and of course, share here hundreds of pictures. Very excited to see my combo IG - Black/limestone beige ; I hope that the black interior parts will create sort of « visual split » between IG and Limestone beige.
The following 2 users liked this post by beye:
Awas (06-13-2024), Jeff Whitten (06-13-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 08:36 AM
Awas
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

@beye It would be good to see your pictures. When I reserved my Macan in London, there was a Taycan in IG, and it was a standout colour there. I chose this colour too.

I was told by the dealer I am unlikely to get my Macan till late this year or early next year. So, long wait! I wonder if It's to do with left-hand drive versions in the UK?
Old 06-14-2024, 10:06 PM
craz8
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This color is on our shortlist for our upcoming order, so I'd love to see it on a car before ordering!

I just realized that the Turbo model they had at the launch event in January was Ice Grey. This was filmed inside, with studio lights, with a lot of black background, so it looks very much like an off-white color in all the videos and photos.
Old 06-15-2024, 02:16 AM
mikeright
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

here you have
No studio lights, no filters, no effects.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikeright:
Jeff Whitten (06-15-2024), JonoNZ (06-15-2024)
Old 06-16-2024, 08:14 PM
Taycanted
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by beye
My Macan EV will be Ice Grey. I did’nt see yet a real IG car, just IG samples.
Can’t wait september to see it in the flesh, and of course, share here hundreds of pictures. Very excited to see my combo IG - Black/limestone beige ; I hope that the black interior parts will create sort of « visual split » between IG and Limestone beige.
My current Taycan is Ice Grey over Biege w/ Neodyme. A+ 10/10 combination and I'm VERY picky. You're going to love it.

Ordered my Macan in the same combo, it's just too good. See below, these are photos of my car and extremely color accurate. In direct sunlight it's very similar to Carrera White.

And cloudy vs two white cars.

Last edited by Taycanted; 06-16-2024 at 08:24 PM.
beye (06-17-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Ice grey: is it white?