Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Aftermarket audio

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 12:45 AM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Aftermarket audio

Does anyone know when and where it will be possible to see how the Macan EV is set up for audio? I have a custom system in my ICE Macan I'd very much like to port to the EV, but that will depend mostly on the size of openings in the front doors. I'm not concerned about the amplifier placement, and however the Bose system (standard on the Turbo) gets a signal should work for a third party setup as well. I believe I may have to wait until there's a parts list available, but I'm not sure if that's the case.

I'm mostly curious because, if necessary, I'll start from scratch for the EV rather than order the Burmeister upgrade.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:44 AM
Awas
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

As a matter of interest, which sound system do you have and how good is it?
Old 03-22-2024, 03:38 AM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Awas
As a matter of interest, which sound system do you have and how good is it?
Helix P Six DSP MK2 amplifier
Dynaudio Esotek tweeters
Dynaudio Esotar 2 430 midranges
Morel Elate Titanium MW9 220mm woofers (there's a newer Carbon model)

That's a two-channel system, which is what I prefer. The Turbo will come with the Bose system and I suppose I could just leave its subwoofer; the Helix can handle it. So that would be 2.1.

The Helix is Class D. There are now Class D amplifiers for home audio that are awesome, but for some reason these modules have not reached mobile audio. One can hope.

As far as I know, these drivers are as accurate as you could need for music in a moving vehicle.

For my current Macan I needed a device called a Zen-V to get digital output from the vehicle, but I'm pretty sure that will not be the case with a Macan that comes with the Bose system pre-installed.

That's it. I don't listen to loud music.

I did once briefly listen to a Burmeister system in someone's Audi and mine is clearly superior. With the engine off it also compares favorably in the treble and midrange with my home audio system, which is very good. It's a bit bass shy, so it probably could use a subwoofer, assuming I'm willing to sacrifice the storage room.

The downside of all this, of course, is that someone has to install the system (unless you are both skilled and brave) and between parts and labor it gets expensive. But I can't drive a car ten feet without listening to music, so for me it has been worth the investment. I am lucky to live within driving distance of a great mobile audio business.

The following users liked this post:
Awas (03-22-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Aftermarket audio