Sponsored by:

Macan EV: PAA

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default PAA

There are references to Porsche Active Aerodynamics features throughout the Internet, including on the sites of US dealerships. But I've never seen a review that showed them, nor are they mentioned in the Configurator. This, for example, is from porsche.com/stories/mobility:

"Its Porsche Active Aerodynamics includes an adaptive rear spoiler and active cooling flaps on the front air intakes. Additionally, the design of the rear of the car features lateral tear-off edges and a louvred rear diffuser which both contribute to a drag co-efficient of 0.25."

Standard? Gone?? Not in the US???
Old 03-20-2024, 03:31 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,974 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by GMPNW
There are references to Porsche Active Aerodynamics features throughout the Internet, including on the sites of US dealerships. But I've never seen a review that showed them, nor are they mentioned in the Configurator. This, for example, is from porsche.com/stories/mobility:

"Its Porsche Active Aerodynamics includes an adaptive rear spoiler and active cooling flaps on the front air intakes. Additionally, the design of the rear of the car features lateral tear-off edges and a louvred rear diffuser which both contribute to a drag co-efficient of 0.25."

Standard? Gone?? Not in the US???
standard - something like this is not going to vary regionally (unless it does something that's illegal in some regions) - it's mostly about the front bumper area having louvres on a motor and the rear spoiler - my wife's 911 Turbo S has this - and my Taycan had some front louvre action along with the rear spoiler.

I wouldn't stress about this.
The following users liked this post:
Awas (03-20-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 03:30 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Ah, the Top Gear review shows the rear spoiler in operation at 2:30.

I'm surprised Porsche hasn't shown off this feature. People love this kind of stuff because their next door neighbor's SUV won't have one.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: PAA