Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Model Designation on Rear and "electric" Logo on Side

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2024, 12:40 PM
Turbo18
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Model Designation on Rear and "electric" Logo on Side

Minor gripe - but it’s a bit annoying that Porsche is pushing to have the ‘electric’ designation on the side of the car. I would prefer the “Macan 4” on the back without it, but doesn’t seem possible to order that way. Guess I don’t feel the need to advertise that my car is electric, and think the designation might age poorly & look dated in 5 years (when more and more cars are electric). Btw, my dealer said they can probably remove the side designation before I take delivery - although they need to confirm it.
Old 03-08-2024, 01:15 PM
raydog9379
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo18
Minor gripe - but it’s a bit annoying that Porsche is pushing to have the ‘electric’ designation on the side of the car. I would prefer the “Macan 4” on the back without it, but doesn’t seem possible to order that way. Guess I don’t feel the need to advertise that my car is electric, and think the designation might age poorly & look dated in 5 years (when more and more cars are electric). Btw, my dealer said they can probably remove the side designation before I take delivery - although they need to confirm it.
Remember those Escalades from the late 00's early 10's with HYBRID written in size 3,000 font on the sides?
The following users liked this post:
Turbo18 (03-08-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 01:55 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 519 Likes on 312 Posts

Agree, I generally hate emblems on the side. With a hair dryer, dental floss, and some adhesive remover, those front quarter emblems will be off day 1.

Last edited by sparkhill; 03-08-2024 at 04:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sparkhill:
Jeff Whitten (03-08-2024), Turbo18 (03-08-2024)
Old 03-08-2024, 02:43 PM
stanwyk
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I would prefer to have no model designation, just like my current Macan. Instead I’m stuck with both the model designation and “electric” on the vehicle. To combat this I’ve ordered them to be painted in the exterior color to minimize visibility.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:31 PM
DanPlainview
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Planning to remove all of the model designations. They just collect dirt.
Old 03-08-2024, 07:50 PM
JonoNZ
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Fortunately that seems to be just a US thing. In NZ the electric logo is optional, and not standard.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:04 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by stanwyk
I would prefer to have no model designation, just like my current Macan. Instead I’m stuck with both the model designation and “electric” on the vehicle. To combat this I’ve ordered them to be painted in the exterior color to minimize visibility.
Yeah, that's my plan, also. It's a shame that you have to pay for that. But it's strange that Porsche lets you delete the model designation on the rear on just about every other vehicle that they sell, but not the Macan Electric.... I wonder why... Also, I don't think there's a way to delete the "e-hybrid" logo in the factory from the Porsche PHEVs, so they seem to think that people want to know that a vehicle is a plug-in vehicle, for some reason.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Model Designation on Rear and "electric" Logo on Side