Sponsored by:

Macan EV: $460 Option Air Filter Appears As “Standard Equipment”

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 11:28 AM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Default $460 Option Air Filter Appears As “Standard Equipment”

It appears that this option is actually standard equipment.

Under the standard equip lists it states: “Particle/Pollen Filter with Active Carbon Filter: Fine dust filter PM2.5 including anti-allergen coating, predictive air circulation control for tunnels and cyclical fresh air supply”

Yet as an option for $460 it lists:

“$460: Air Quality System

Ionizer with particle/pollen sensor (PM2.5) including visualization in the center display and PM2.5 automatic Air-Recirculation. The particle/pollen sensor measures the particulate pollution regarding PM2.5 (particle/pollen with an average size of 2.5μm) in the drawn-in air as well as in the vehicle interior. If a limit value is exceeded the air conditioning switches to air recirculation. Due to the multiple flow through the particle/pollen filter in the air-recirculation mode an effective reduction of the particles and pollens is achieved.”

I just therfore unchecked that $460 option box.
Old 03-01-2024, 08:43 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Just based on your post, isn't the difference the addition of an ionizer?
Old 03-01-2024, 09:23 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Good point. At the same my time having living just fine for four decades with over 50 cars without an ionizer, all but one not having a “Particle/Pollen Filter with Active Carbon Filter: Fine dust filter PM2.5 including anti-allergen coating, predictive air circulation control for tunnels and cyclical fresh air supply,” personally I will be just fine even if the ionizer were missing. However if I has allergies, asthma, or other pulmonary issues, then a different decision could well be the better option, e.g., to then get the $460 option. I will stick with what is standard equipt.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:45 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Oh, I wouldn't option the ionizer either. Jeez, whatever happened to driving with the windows down?

Over 50 cars?! Wow. From 1978 until 2015, I owned two vehicles: a VW Rabbit and the original RAV4. Each one eventually got rear ended and each time I bought it back from the insurance company and banged it more or less into shape with a sledgehammer. There's a lot to be said for driving something you're not afraid to take anywhere, assuming it doesn't break down along the way. And I dearly miss being able to work on my own car. Of course, with an EV that will be a moot point.
The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 09:53 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Had 5 Rabbits along the way, quite a few smaller other daily drivers including six Acura Integras, bunch of Harleys, some pickups and some SUV’s, and a decent amount of Corvettes — including my joy right now a C8 Z06. Also had, it was my second best vehicle ever, a RAV4 Prime plug-in — which is now is my daughter’s and she has a crush on it. My wife’s DD is a BMW iX but it will be replaced when its lease is over with a Macan or maybe even a Taycan. Also wanted a Porsche and going to finally make it happen. It could be our last new vehicle purchase ever…

Agree that the days of doing my own repairs are in the rear view mirror for me too. Clearly you have good repair skills.
Old 04-05-2024, 04:48 AM
DistinctSpite
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I equipped it as someone with allergies and generally preferring my air quality to be well good, I generally hate rolling down my windows when driving. Bonus if certain smells won’t permeate as notably on road trips by farms and such. Also did the 4 zone climate, if I understand it correctly it’ll better able maintain the overall cabin temp more evenly while allowing rear passengers to have their own preferred temps if back there.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: $460 Option Air Filter Appears As “Standard Equipment”