Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Amazing Macan EV Turbo Handling

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 09:44 AM
stanwyk
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I have been on a crusade against the rear wiper and this demonstrates just how ugly it is.
The following 2 users liked this post by stanwyk:
AlexCeres (02-21-2024), Jeff Whitten (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 12:00 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

Wondering for that has the “turbo” rear hatch vents but no badge, might this be a hiding in plain sight a next model year Macan 4S that they are testing.. At least on the build and price, unlike the Taycan there is no rear badge delete option. Or as a test vehicle they just never got around to putting the badge on…

Thanks Ipse dixit for your find and post of that video.

Old 02-21-2024, 08:28 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 782 Likes on 348 Posts

Turbo vents seems to be a design distinction from the Macan 4. Likely a test Turbo model.

My opinion is Porsche is simplifying the Macan EV product structure around these 2 models. When I did like configurations, my config was $102K and $124K same config. I ordered the Turbo given how close this was, and wanted the higher performance. Given the Macan 4 pricing is similar to ICE Macan GTS, I don't think they will add an S in between these 2 models. Not enough differentiation.

I think as they optimize their battery production and reach volume, likely to get a less expensive model to round out to 3 models.

That's just my opinion. See how this ages.

Last edited by Jeff Whitten; 02-21-2024 at 08:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TC Cruising (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 09:07 PM
mnl
Instructor

Received 105 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
Turbo vents seems to be a design distinction from the Macan 4. Likely a test Turbo model.

My opinion is Porsche is simplifying the Macan EV product structure around these 2 models. When I did like configurations, my config was $102K and $124K same config. I ordered the Turbo given how close this was, and wanted the higher performance. Given the Macan 4 pricing is similar to ICE Macan GTS, I don't think they will add an S in between these 2 models. Not enough differentiation.

I think as they optimize their battery production and reach volume, likely to get a less expensive model to round out to 3 models.

That's just my opinion. See how this ages.
yea i agree that i dont see much space for an S in between but my guess is they'll probably have three models: 4 and turbo for now and eventually in a year or whatever they'll introduce a base model thats just RWD
The following 2 users liked this post by mnl:
Jeff Whitten (02-21-2024), TC Cruising (02-21-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Amazing Macan EV Turbo Handling