Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Turbo seat options

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 09:40 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Turbo seat options

18-way Sport or 14-way Comfort, same price. These seat designations seem to vary by Porsche model and year, so I'm not sure I can learn much by sitting in Porches that are on the market now, but perhaps I'm wrong. For those of you who are familiar with Porches, do these seats seem particularly similar for the EV Turbo, or is that the norm? I don't really see a lot of difference from the photos. I have a narrow frame, so I should fit fine in either. Presently, I drive a 2019 Macan Base with synthetic material seats, and I couldn't be happier with them.
The following users liked this post:
RList911 (02-20-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 10:04 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,974 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by GMPNW
18-way Sport or 14-way Comfort, same price. These seat designations seem to vary by Porsche model and year, so I'm not sure I can learn much by sitting in Porches that are on the market now, but perhaps I'm wrong. For those of you who are familiar with Porches, do these seats seem particularly similar for the EV Turbo, or is that the norm? I don't really see a lot of difference from the photos. I have a narrow frame, so I should fit fine in either. Presently, I drive a 2019 Macan Base with synthetic material seats, and I couldn't be happier with them.
for my wife and myself it's an easy choice - 14 way is the only seat you can get the massage option included - and we like that option - so 18 ways are not an option

no massage option on the 911 - so we got 18 ways - they are a snugger "fit" and more adjustable - but both my wife and myself have gotten bigger in our aging so we most leave the adjustments in their max 'open' position for our personal fit…

but since we want massage seats, the only choice is the 14 ways and they are great in our Cayenne and my Taycan.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:34 AM
windblow
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
for my wife and myself it's an easy choice - 14 way is the only seat you can get the massage option included - and we like that option - so 18 ways are not an option

no massage option on the 911 - so we got 18 ways - they are a snugger "fit" and more adjustable - but both my wife and myself have gotten bigger in our aging so we most leave the adjustments in their max 'open' position for our personal fit…

but since we want massage seats, the only choice is the 14 ways and they are great in our Cayenne and my Taycan.
I've never had 14 way seats in every Porsches I own except one and I regret it ever since (always 18 way in quite a few Macans, Cayennes, 911s). Are the massaging seats effective in what they do for your lower back? As compared to say a Theragun from 1 to 10? I like the form of the 18 way more but with old age comes a degenerative back so might be willing to do the 14 way a second time.

Last edited by windblow; 02-16-2024 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-16-2024, 02:53 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,974 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by windblow
I've never had 14 way seats in every Porsches I own except one and I regret it ever since (always 18 way in quite a few Macans, Cayennes, 911s). Are the massaging seats effective in what they do for your lower back? As compared to say a Theragun from 1 to 10? I like the form of the 18 way more but with old age comes a degenerative back so might be willing to do the 14 way a second time.
they offer mild massage and a nice respite while on long drives - I would never suggest they are in the same league as hand theaputic units - but it's nice to turn them on to break up the drive.
The following 3 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
Jeff Whitten (02-16-2024), TC Cruising (02-16-2024), windblow (02-16-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 05:59 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

I have 18-way seats in my Cayenne GTS and they prevent the back seats from fully folding down when I want to carry cargo. Does anyone know if the 14-way seats allow the cargo area to be fully flat? I like my 18-way seats but I was really disappointed when I first loaded cargo and found out the seats don't go fully down.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:44 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

My 2019 Macan has 8-way seats and I have to move the driver's seat forward a tad to lower the rear seats and then I can move the driver's seat back to where I like it. If I preferred a lot of leg room, I suppose I might have the same problem as you. It's difficult to believe any of the seat designs would prevent the back seats from folding in normal use, since that would defeat their purpose.
Old 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
windblow
Instructor

Originally Posted by dasams
I have 18-way seats in my Cayenne GTS and they prevent the back seats from fully folding down when I want to carry cargo. Does anyone know if the 14-way seats allow the cargo area to be fully flat? I like my 18-way seats but I was really disappointed when I first loaded cargo and found out the seats don't go fully down.
My 2019 Macan has 8-way seats and I have to move the driver's seat forward a tad to lower the rear seats and then I can move the driver's seat back to where I like it. If I preferred a lot of leg room, I suppose I might have the same problem as you. It's difficult to believe any of the seat designs would prevent the back seats from folding in normal use, since that would defeat their purpose.
If I read it correctly dasams means he's disappointed the rear sport seats not folding flat. If I remember correctly the ice Macan 14-way seats fold flat but not the 18-way.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:14 PM
GMPNW
Advanced

If I read it correctly dasams means he's disappointed the rear sport seats not folding flat. If I remember correctly the ice Macan 14-way seats fold flat but not the 18-way.
If you can believe the configurator, the rear seats are identical for the 8-way, 14-way and 18-way options. If the front seats affect how the rear seats fold wouldn't that depend on how far back they're pushed? I'm surmising from photos, not speaking from experience, except to say the the seats fold flat on my ICE Macan with 8-way seats.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:24 PM
windblow
Instructor

If you can believe the configurator, the rear seats are identical for the 8-way, 14-way and 18-way options. If the front seats affect how the rear seats fold wouldn't that depend on how far back they're pushed? I'm surmising from photos, not speaking from experience, except to say the the seats fold flat on my ICE Macan with 8-way seats.
The issue is bulging shoulder pads on the rear 18-way backrests, not the spacing between the back seat and front seat. when folding down, rear 18-way seat backrests do not lay flat is what he's complaining about.

I had 18-way seats on my Macan and they did not lay flat like the other kinds

Last edited by windblow; 02-22-2024 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:09 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

The issue is bulging shoulder pads on the rear 18-way backrests, not the spacing between the back seat and front seat. when folding down, rear 18-way seat backrests do not lay flat is what he's complaining about.

I had 18-way seats on my Macan and they did not lay flat like the other kinds
^^ This is what I was talking about. One example was carrying a large TV in my Cayenne with 18-way seats. When they were folded down, they would not create a flat space in the back and the TV was resting on front and rear edges and I could see the curve in the box. What I want is a completely flat cargo area and if that's doable with the 14 way, that'll be my choice.
Old 02-24-2024, 07:16 PM
jww
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

On my 2016 Macan Turbo, I had the 18 ways. It's true they didn't lay completely flat, but close enough for moving, camping and buying dumb stuff from Costco. Good enough for me and I prefer the look and feel of the 18 ways.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Turbo seat options