Sponsored by:

Macan EV: 5393 lbs (2446 kg)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 05:38 AM
Awas
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
yes, my Taycan is 3 years old and weight 150 kg less than a new Macan, this Macan is an audi VW panzer elephant and Porsche cant do nothing about it
Good, you like your Taycan, a nice car.
But to dislike Macan EV without having driven makes no sense. In fact, motor journalists who have test driven Macan EV like it better than the ICE Macan.
There is a market for SUVs, Macan and Cayenne have been Porsche's best-selling for a reason.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:49 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Awas
Good, you like your Taycan, a nice car.
But to dislike Macan EV without having driven makes no sense. In fact, motor journalists who have test driven Macan EV like it better than the ICE Macan.
There is a market for SUVs, Macan and Cayenne have been Porsche's best-selling for a reason.
Do you sell Macan EVs ? The point is the 2.5 tons,

i really like the Macan design and size (my Taycan is too wide for old europe roads) but i wonder if a too heavy car, despite smaller, can defy the physic of gravity, so.looking around to replace my Taycsn with whoever offer a sporty mid size SUV

Maybe Porsche is risking the guinea pig.ticket and a 2028/30 half weight battery Macan, was a better strategic decision?

If they asked here it was an easy and free consultancy, ready years ago, are they too old or what?

Last edited by fxz; 05-05-2024 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:16 AM
Awas
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Do you sell Macan EVs ? The point is the 2.5 tons,
I guess I sell Cayenne as well, as I mentioned that too.

I suppose, the best way to find whether it defies the physic of gravity is to test drive it. And the many reviews of motor journalists I have seen, don't seem to find an issue, and as I said they claim it's better than the ICE.
In any case, my reservation is for Macan 4. I think it's about 75 kg less than the turbo.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:44 AM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

Exactly. Many of the automedia reviewers found it worked well on the narrow, curvy, southern France curvy roads.
The following users liked this post:
Awas (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 12:05 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Exactly. Many of the automedia reviewers found it worked well on the narrow, curvy, southern France curvy roads.
and as a Jurno invited by Porsche to the most critical model launch of the last 20 yeras, would you dare to criticise the new EV Macan??

Old 05-05-2024, 12:15 PM
TC Cruising
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

There were critical comments by many but not one about its cornering ability on narrow winding roads.
The following users liked this post:
Awas (05-05-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: 5393 lbs (2446 kg)