Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Jobs Wanted - Help Needed (https://rennlist.com/forums/jobs-wanted-help-needed-171/)
-   -   Upholstery position offer, with training (https://rennlist.com/forums/jobs-wanted-help-needed/487529-upholstery-position-offer-with-training.html)

Champagne 03-09-2009 06:56 PM

Upholstery position offer, with training

Hey Guys,

for those who don't know me, I do custom leather interiors mainly for Porsche cars in Corpus Christi, TX.

For the past few months, I have been setting everything up to expand my business. The plan changed/evolved with the circumstances. Now, with the new President and current state of affairs, I decided to do it right here in Texas.
This place as been good to me, and if creating a few jobs can help any, then why not.

Before I hire someone local, I thought I would post this and see if someone here would be interested.
My goal is to assemble a team of like minded individuals who love cars and want to do great work. Where better to find such people than here on Rennlist.
With the current recession, many find themselves in need to start over. Why not do it in something you already love.

No experience necessary. Just an open mind, a willingness to learn and a fairly good manual dexterity.
I have my own way of doing things, mixing old world techniques with new advanced materials. So, in the end, I much prefer starting someone from scratch than facing the uphill battle of breaking bad habits.

On the plus side, the work is plentiful, varied, interesting and challenging. The shop is one block from the beach and Corpus Christi as just been voted one of the 5 best places in the US to relocate and ride out the recession.
And of course, the possibility to restore your own car at cost is a nice perk in itself.

During training, salary will most likely be minimum wage. But once we can produce piece to my standard and not fill the bin with premium leather, I will be more than happy to share the wealth. Details to be agreed upon on a case to case basis.

I have enough work for 3-4 more people, one Rennlister is already planning to join and we might get his son on board also, which leaves a couple of spots open.

If anyone is interested, please drop me an email at: champagn@stx.rr.com
Any details will be kept confidential

Thanks

Paul

Cincy_Ron 03-13-2009 12:29 PM

Man, this is definitely something I would love to learn how to do. Paul, if I lived down your way I'd be so interested in this. It would fit in perfectly with my week on/week off flying schedule. Anyway, good luck with the expansion!

Ski 03-22-2009 02:38 AM

Paul does OUSTANDING work...and so does his wife. So, whoever takes this will learn from a pro with an eye for detail.

animal8526 03-22-2009 03:15 AM

anyone interested in this field this is the offer of a lifetime.

Paul is already a legend around here... I figure one day he'll be a household name for car guys.

carsareart 04-01-2009 09:18 PM

I wish I lived a little closer. This does sound good. OKC is just a little too far for a commute.