Jobs Wanted - Help Needed Hire a Rennlist person or help a Rennlist employer

Looking for work - Labor Productivity, Project Management, and Budgeting

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Looking for work - Labor Productivity, Project Management, and Budgeting

The company in Dallas I joined in February 2008 laid off 150+ of the 180 corporate employees in December after selling 65% of the stores. Unfortunately, I was one of those that got laid off.

I have over 25 years of experience in retail labor scheduling, productivity analysis, project management, ROI analysis, and budgeting. Most of the career has been in the retail industry, driving projects that are a mix of Industrial Engineering, Workforce scheduling and analysis, and financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis. In a nutshell, those functions include:
  • Project Management with new processes, new software roll out, etc. I am well versed in data analysis and analyzing problems, then developing solutions to solve those problems.
  • Industrial engineering functions (however I am not a degreed I.E.) - methods analysis and improvement, productivity enhancement, establishing best practices
  • Workforce scheduling and analysis - defining workloads, establishing standard times to process the workload, scheduling hours to handle the workload, and facilitating change management
  • Financial Analysis - sales forecasting and labor budgeting, payroll cost analysis, ROI analysis on capital expenditures
  • Software & data integration - worked with internal programmers and external software vendors to facilitate data integration to improve software solutions.

Basically, anything that involves labor hours or costs, I get involved with. The average impact I make on a company the first year is usually 3% to 5% in productivity improvement and/or labor cost reductions.

I am willing to relocate. Please PM me if you know of any potential positions.

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by gota911; 02-27-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Updated Title
Old 02-25-2009, 12:16 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest looking into DoD contract companies or the govt. it self under the DoD.

They are always in need of experienced PM's especially with finance/budgeting experience.

Also check with any military bases in TX, which there are many, that have upcoming job fairs.

Quick Reply: Looking for work - Labor Productivity, Project Management, and Budgeting