Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Jobs Wanted - Help Needed (https://rennlist.com/forums/jobs-wanted-help-needed-171/)
-   -   Anybody applying to jobs but never getting any kind of response? (https://rennlist.com/forums/jobs-wanted-help-needed/1026081-anybody-applying-to-jobs-but-never-getting-any-kind-of-response.html)

V2Rocket 09-20-2017 06:28 PM

Anybody applying to jobs but never getting any kind of response?

Wondering if it's "just me" or if it's a more common thing...
I have applied to probably 3 dozen jobs in the last few months and for the vast majority I have not gotten any kind of response whatsoever - not an acknowledgement of application, not a simple rejection, nothing.

Out of the ~36 applications I think I've gotten maybe 3-4 actual replies.

Incredibly frustrating to me, and RUDE in my opinion - is this standard practice?

R_Rated 09-27-2017 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by V2Rocket (Post 14487976)
Wondering if it's "just me" or if it's a more common thing...
I have applied to probably 3 dozen jobs in the last few months and for the vast majority I have not gotten any kind of response whatsoever - not an acknowledgement of application, not a simple rejection, nothing.

Out of the ~36 applications I think I've gotten maybe 3-4 actual replies.

Incredibly frustrating to me, and RUDE in my opinion - is this standard practice?

standard. It sucks

Hula 09-27-2017 11:48 AM

Yep. Since it's so easy to apply for a job over the internet, employers get swamped. Got 83 resumes for the last job I posted. I only contacted the four I wanted to interview. Don't have time to contact the other 79.

But what goes around, comes around. My boss asked me to apply for another position in my company. That was 4 weeks ago and I haven't heard a thing.

Trouble! 09-27-2017 08:19 PM

I actually got a call back Tonight.

Trouble! 09-27-2017 08:24 PM

Fingers crossed

Hula 09-28-2017 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Trouble! (Post 14502718)
I actually got a call back Tonight.

Woo hoo! Nice to not be invisible.

Porscheracer1 12-28-2017 03:11 PM

We are always looking for good Porsche people. If you are near the Burbank/Glendale CA area please get in contact with me, I would love to meet you.

zrannel 01-01-2018 07:02 PM

Just wondering what kind of "Porsche People" positions that you are looking for...Thanks.

white rock 01-01-2018 08:13 PM

Same situation here in Atlanta

lastrealm3 01-01-2018 09:20 PM

Nevermind

goin2drt 01-01-2018 10:23 PM

It’s been awful. Job eliminated (12/1) and out of work for the first time since the age of 13 when I started work. Amazing to me the 30+ recruiters who have called or contacted me over the years. I always helped them with leads as I am a big believer in karma. I also kept all their contact information. Now reaching out to them for help and crickets, nothing. LinkedIn has been better and I highly recommend finding someone that works at the company and try to get them to help get your resume to the top. It has worked and those are the companies I have been able to reply and interview with.

Good luck in your search and happy to help in any way I can. I am in the CPG industry. Feel free to PM.

orclean1 01-21-2019 03:56 PM

My job was eliminated 12-19-2018. I sent out 3 doz resumes and have had two interviews.the most recent told me i need to get you back in to meet with HR and another associate that was 01-17-19 . Good luck . I am in Supply Chain located in NY

DAVfoto 01-30-2019 05:14 PM

I had that issue before my current job. These third party resume sites that use ATS really irritate me. Best thing is to find some type of hiring manager, hr manager or someone in the department you are applying for and hit them up on Linkedin or something regarding social media.

PS. I was unemployed for 18 months before my current job. Just was hell on earth. I'm a photographer so not exactly a full-time type position but I have no other marketable skills so it is what it is.

CookSin's 07-15-2019 06:21 AM

You are not the only one. I agree with you, it's very rude. I would response everyone if I were hr. And if you ever been a victim of unpaid wages you should contact https://mosheslaw.com/laborandemploy...-wages-lawyer/ ASAP

ElRicardo 12-14-2019 12:47 PM

Old post, but worth commenting on. As a senior executive at a prominent midwestern firm, I can tell you what Hula said then is doubly true now. In my experience there are 3 things that tip recruiters/hiring agents to call or not call- volume if resumes received (which you can’t control), appearance of resume/completeness of on line application, and skill alignment. All 3 of these take only moments (literally) for an agent to scan and dispose.

Finally, salary/wage requirements form a “internet barrier” in that very very few $100k+ jobs are filled by internet solicitation. Most of these jobs are targeted recruiting- in short, you don’t contact them, they contact you. That is reality. Also, and I am in this bracket- and it has to be said, age is a huge thing- if you are over 55, don’t conceal it, simply reduce the obviousness of it. For example, got a degree from 1978? Just list the degree. Have 35 years experience- list only the continuous relevant jobs. They don’t need, or care, that you worked at quick-e-mart from 1978-1981. They do care that in 1998 you started the relevant portion of your career.

finally, less is more- you want them to ask you the questions. Too much is just plain too much. Of course, I do not mean to imply give them nothing. Job search is like fishing. You need a lure, not a meal, to catch a fish!