Importing a 964 into Italy

Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Importing a 964 into Italy

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start the process of importing my 91 964 from France into Italy and have a few questions.

The car currently has Primary exhuast muffler replaced with a Cup By-pass pipe. Will I need to replace this?

The CAT has also been replaced by a by-pass pipe - as it's a pre-1992 model I think that this shouldn't be needed anyway?

Insurance - Can anyone recommend a company that will accept the car as being a classic car being over 20 years old rather than 30 years (that some companies are asking)?

Grazie!

Andrew
Old 05-16-2012, 08:35 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start the process of importing my 91 964 from France into Italy and have a few questions.

The car currently has Primary exhuast muffler replaced with a Cup By-pass pipe. Will I need to replace this?

The CAT has also been replaced by a by-pass pipe - as it's a pre-1992 model I think that this shouldn't be needed anyway?

Insurance - Can anyone recommend a company that will accept the car as being a classic car being over 20 years old rather than 30 years (that some companies are asking)?

Grazie!

Andrew
Ciao Andrew!

I will talk English, becasue I assume that's your native tongue. I only can answer your last question. I would look into Hagerty, if they go international. I've had them for years on both my Porsches and previous specialty Roush Mustangs.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:21 AM
siscogts
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

for france to Italy import you can send me a private message, I am doing the same with another car and tell you what you can keep and what you need for the insurance, if you need a temporary insurance cover to drive the car to italy.
Francesco

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Importing a 964 into Italy