Notices

Importing a 964 into Italy

Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Importing a 964 into Italy

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start the process of importing my 91 964 from France into Italy and have a few questions.

The car currently has Primary exhuast muffler replaced with a Cup By-pass pipe. Will I need to replace this?

The CAT has also been replaced by a by-pass pipe - as it's a pre-1992 model I think that this shouldn't be needed anyway?

Insurance - Can anyone recommend a company that will accept the car as being a classic car being over 20 years old rather than 30 years (that some companies are asking)?

Grazie!

Andrew
Old 05-16-2012, 08:35 AM
SARGEPUG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andy Roe View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start the process of importing my 91 964 from France into Italy and have a few questions.

The car currently has Primary exhuast muffler replaced with a Cup By-pass pipe. Will I need to replace this?

The CAT has also been replaced by a by-pass pipe - as it's a pre-1992 model I think that this shouldn't be needed anyway?

Insurance - Can anyone recommend a company that will accept the car as being a classic car being over 20 years old rather than 30 years (that some companies are asking)?

Grazie!

Andrew
Ciao Andrew!

I will talk English, becasue I assume that's your native tongue. I only can answer your last question. I would look into Hagerty, if they go international. I've had them for years on both my Porsches and previous specialty Roush Mustangs.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:21 AM
siscogts
User

for france to Italy import you can send me a private message, I am doing the same with another car and tell you what you can keep and what you need for the insurance, if you need a temporary insurance cover to drive the car to italy.
Francesco

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Importing a 964 into Italy

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: