The Bail Out Express

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 03:07 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Bail Out Express

I’ve been wrapping myself around the axle worrying about the tax and economic implications of Obama being elected when, thanks to Mike’s prompting in another thread, it hit me. I’m right in the sweet spot of the largest government entitlement program of all time.

It’s clear they are hell bent on blowing $700B bailing out fat cat corporate executives (like me) that make more than they are worth (like me) while engaging in high risk adventures (like me in a race car) with little regard for the investments of others (why do you think they call it IMSA?). If that’s not enough, last night McCain promised another $300B to bail out irresponsible citizens that spend more than they can afford! BINGO!!!

So here’s the plan. I’m re-branding my car the Bail-Out Express. The flames will stay and the tag line will become “This Baby’s Going Down in Flames.” I’m pretty sure the treasury guy’s don’t even deal in numbers under a billion so I’ll have enough sponsorship money to run Supercup, IMSA, GrandAm, ALMS and a couple of seasons of F1. After paying my new salary I might even have room for a second HWFM car. Who’s in?

Now, does anyone have Paulson’s cell number?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Jim

That is brilliant.

I knew I should have stayed a fat cat executive longer.

I'd be glad to do all the promo for your Supercup, IMSA, GrandAm, ALMS and Formula 1 efforts. I'd even give you a a break and do it for a measly few million.

You inspired me to think what I could do with my race car to get a taxpayer handout.

But instead of flames, I only have turtles on the car. I thought maybe I could get endangered species protection in the form of financial aid, but then I realized both candidates want to drill like crazy, the environment, and turtles, be damned.

Maybe I could start oil drilling on the Flying Turtle Ranch, declare insolvency, and get my own bailout package.

The only number for a Paulson I have in my Rolodex is a Pat Paulson for President joke line. Once again, I should have stayed a fat cat executive longer.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a fat cat here at home. He's about 18 pounds and runs to the kitchen when you open a can of . . . well . . . anything. Does he qualify?

Edit: I just realized this was my 4000th post. Sheesh!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you think I have my resume back out there? "Over 25 years of experience in running non-profit organizations in the Consumer Electronics industry. Previously fitted for, and successfully tested, my Golden Parachute".

Quick Reply: The Bail Out Express