Notices

Turtle running for daylight

Old 09-04-2008, 12:57 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
No, that is not true.

Actually, I always close my eyes at the start, and the spin occured just as I finally opened them. I screamed "Holy ****!" and just started turning wheels and switches.
I'd say that sounds more like a "Holy Shart!".
Old 09-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by deep_uv
I'd say that sounds more like a "Holy Shart!".
Ahh, so you've been there, done that.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:46 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh, so you've been there, done that.
Although nothing nearly that impressive, affirmative on the Track Shart, BT.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Although nothing nearly that impressive, affirmative on the Track Shart, BT.
And I suspect we are not alone on the team concerning this, Steve.
Which might be why no one has volunteered to run the team laundry...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,395 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Whoever that was that spun needs to sign up for HWFMR. Dude spun on a straightaway.
Vimeo finally worked for me.

WTF? How did that happen on a straightaway?

Definite Code Brown moment...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

The car behind the spinning car and the spinner had contact right front to left rear.
Shortly thereafter, the fun starts.

Both are excellent drovers by the way...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, that is not true.

Actually, I always close my eyes at the start, and the spin occured just as I finally opened them. I screamed "Holy ****!" and just started turning wheels and switches.
Ah, then you will have a part in " The return of Dr. Stangelove", if we ever get around to shooting that video.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW: For those who can't view the video, you may want to upgrade to the latest version of Quicktime.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Looking at My Laps, Brian, you had a great enduro going... Huge jump by the second lap.

What happened?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking at My Laps, Brian, you had a great enduro going... Huge jump by the second lap.

What happened?
My car decided to remind me that I'm a turtle...

In the sprint race, I usually try to run with as little fuel as possible since my superhuman senses can detect the weight from that extra gallon or two of gas.

So... as I'm going through the sprint, my fuel light comes on, and we do a lap, another lap, another lap, and I'm finally coming around 14 and think "geez, if this isn't the checker, I'm going to have to pit and call it a race." Fortunately, the checker comes out, and as I go through the serpentine after turn 5, my car sputters out of gas.... I think, "wow, I put the perfect amount of gas in my car"

Well... Porsche built some weird design flaw in the car whereby running out of gas takes the fuel pump with it. So, in the enduro, I think the car was running because the pressure of a full tank of gas was pushing the gas through the car. (this is my theory until my mechanic gets back to me). When I got down to about a quarter tank of gas, the car started sputtering again. Basically, the engine would stop for about 5 seconds, and then restart for another 15-20 seconds and then stop again.

So, during the double yellow, I was going around the track and the car would nearly come to a full stop, and then it would restart, and I would try to hurry and catch the field again. The guy behind me must have hated me as it looked like I was losing the field... However, I figured the race was almost over and if I could nurse it along, I'd have a good finish.

To add insult to injury, on the last double yellow lap, I was brought into the black flag station because there were reports that I was passing people during the double yellow. I tried to explain that it wasn't possible because my car was breaking down during that time. Fortunately, they then called in that they flagged my car by mistake, but the damage was done, and I decided to call it a race at that point.

All in all, I was happy about how I was doing during the race - it sure would have been nice to finish it though.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

That hurts. I do remember now you mentioning you werre sputtering on the double yellow.

Great run up until that point, Brian.

Did you go to the scales? Did your super human senses ( ) tell you they were light? I think they were light.

I was called to them after the enduro qualifying. I'm celebrating doing a :41, then they tell me I'm only 36 pounds over. So not only did set a personal best, I personally lost 50 pounds in one session, cause nothing else on the car was changed.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That hurts. I do remember now you mentioning you werre sputtering on the double yellow.

Great run up until that point, Brian.

Did you go to the scales? Did your super human senses ( ) tell you they were light? I think they were light.

I was called to them after the enduro qualifying. I'm celebrating doing a :41, then they tell me I'm only 36 pounds over. So not only did set a personal best, I personally lost 50 pounds in one session, cause nothing else on the car was changed.
Can I have a copy of that diet please.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:30 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
We need a roster)
I'll get right on that. As soon as I get back from Sebring on Sunday. Well, I'll probably need to clean the pool first then I'll work on it. Oh, the kids may want me to spend some time with them after being gone for three days. First thing Monday. Unless work gets in the way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turtle running for daylight