Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   "HEY, WAIT FOR ME" Racing Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/hey-wait-for-me-racing-forum-146/)
-   -   Doc, this is perplexing... (https://rennlist.com/forums/hey-wait-for-me-racing-forum/393920-doc-this-is-perplexing.html)

Mike in Chi 11-26-2007 12:19 AM

Doc, this is perplexing...

I've noticed you've restored HWFMR to your signature.

I distinctly remember you resigning from the team in a fit of pique during your confinement in the pcoc a month or two ago. I believe your exact words were "I'm outa here."

I accepted that resignation.

You even removed HWFM from your sig.

Now it's back.

If you want back in, you have to return to where you were -- the observation cell -- until Bull, Sunday and VR decide if you are worthy to continue as a member.

If you are unwilling to return to the cell, there is another possibility... (but I can offer no guaranty)

Sunday Drover suggested you write a constitution for the team as an exercise to prove yourself worthy of team membership in hopes of re-instatement.

You seemed unwilling to pick up that tossed gauntlet. Instead Jester put fingertips to keyboard and composed a rather impressive document for the Constitutional Committe to consider (they are still deliberating in chambers)

If a suitable task can be found (and that is a big IF), and if you execute it with enthusiasm, selflessness and HWFM wit (see previous parenthetical aside) you will be re-instated.

But at the moment, I can't think of a suitable task. Perhaps Sunday or the other teammates can suggest one.

So I see three options for you

A) Cease and desist with the sig. (This is the kind of well-wielded legal mumbo-jumbo jargon that led Francine to believe I was an attorney)

B) Return to the Probationary Confinement and Observation Cell;, co-operate fully with Messers Bull, Sunday Drover and VR; and await their final evaluation

C) Perform a task that will earn you the respect and admiration of your former teammates (if one can be found).

We await your decision.
(But first, a little 'Roo-roo')

Larry Herman 11-26-2007 12:56 AM

:corn:

PogueMoHone 11-26-2007 01:29 AM

You're going to make him float around in a different kind of "canal". Maybe he has to go back to his "roots" to discover the value he adds to the Community.

Thinking about it, going backwards might be an attribute that BostonMD could parlay into a redeeming feature for HWFMR membership.

Let's see!

jester911 11-26-2007 07:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am with Larry on this one.

mglobe 11-26-2007 08:09 AM

If I had ever been here before
I would probably know
Just what to do....

kurt M 11-26-2007 09:54 AM

Double plus ungood.

Veloce Raptor 11-26-2007 09:57 AM

Well, we CAN solve this problem:

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pre...6/50578801.JPG

and a

http://www.metal-art-decor.com/Image...Coffee_Cup.jpg

Bull 11-26-2007 10:00 AM

Not a bad Liar's Poker bill either!

BostonDMD 11-26-2007 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi (Post 4816043)
I've noticed you've restored HWFMR to your signature.

I distinctly remember you resigning from the team in a fit of pique during your confinement in the pcoc a month or two ago. I believe your exact words were "I'm outa here."

I accepted that resignation.

You even removed HWFM from your sig.

Now it's back.

If you want back in, you have to return to where you were -- the observation cell -- until Bull, Sunday and VR decide if you are worthy to continue as a member.

If you are unwilling to return to the cell, there is another possibility... (but I can offer no guaranty)

Sunday Drover suggested you write a constitution for the team as an exercise to prove yourself worthy of team membership in hopes of re-instatement.

You seemed unwilling to pick up that tossed gauntlet. Instead Jester put fingertips to keyboard and composed a rather impressive document for the Constitutional Committe to consider (they are still deliberating in chambers)

If a suitable task can be found (and that is a big IF), and if you execute it with enthusiasm, selflessness and HWFM wit (see previous parenthetical aside) you will be re-instated.

But at the moment, I can't think of a suitable task. Perhaps Sunday or the other teammates can suggest one.

So I see three options for you

A) Cease and desist with the sig. (This is the kind of well-wielded legal mumbo-jumbo jargon that led Francine to believe I was an attorney)

B) Return to the Probationary Confinement and Observation Cell;, co-operate fully with Messers Bull, Sunday Drover and VR; and await their final evaluation

C) Perform a task that will earn you the respect and admiration of your former teammates (if one can be found).

We await your decision.
(But first, a little 'Roo-roo')

Well BT,

On the multiple choice I pick.......... all of the above:

A)
HWFMR Driver and DR. Pain P.I.T.A, P.M.S.

B) I am going to the PCOC as we speak.....

C) With all the abuse that I have taken over the past few months, between the application process and my threads, and without any name calling and a gentlemanly conduct on my part, I think I have shown enough character to my ex-teammates. If that is not enough, I have nothing to add in my defense....

My fate as a member of this team is in your hands Big Turtle........

mglobe 11-26-2007 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor (Post 4816610)

Will you consider a martini instead of the java?

RickBetterley 11-26-2007 03:36 PM

Although I failed at this the last time I drove with Paolo (recall I forgot to push the Record button on the video cam), I will be seeing him and his lovely wife this Saturday at our region's annual dinner.
I propose that, if Paolo buys me a drink, we let him out of the cell and back into the good graces of HMTBT (His Majesty The Big Turtle).
What say you'all?

trackjunky 11-26-2007 03:48 PM

As the Official Non-Member, I would like to thank the Dentist for becoming a non-member. Not officially of course. And member of what, I'm not sure, as membership doesn't really exist. Or may or may not be acknowledged.

This is an interesting paradox. I'll have my pills now nurse.....please!

If I was Officially a Member and not Offically a Non-Member I would gladly come up with the latte. Mocha or Caramel? :)

Larry Herman 11-26-2007 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by BostonDMD (Post 4817294)
Well BT,

On the multiple choice I pick.......... all of the above:

A)
HWFMR Driver and DR. Pain P.I.T.A, P.M.S.

B) I am going to the PCOC as we speak.....

C) With all the abuse that I have taken over the past few months, between the application process and my threads, and without any name calling and a gentlemanly conduct on my part, I think I have shown enough character to my ex-teammates. If that is not enough, I have nothing to add in my defense....

My fate as a member of this team is in your hands Big Turtle........

Now you're on the right track. You are starting to show an understanding of what it is to operate in a HWFM fashion. You have my official non-vote, that is, if I exist.

Food Angel 11-26-2007 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by mglobe (Post 4816461)
If I had ever been here before
I would probably know
Just what to do....

Don't you?

mglobe 11-26-2007 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Food Angel (Post 4818227)
Don't you?

All evidence points directly to "no"