Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   "HEY, WAIT FOR ME" Racing Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/hey-wait-for-me-racing-forum-146/)
-   -   GR well.... being GR again. (https://rennlist.com/forums/hey-wait-for-me-racing-forum/363419-gr-well-being-gr-again.html)

M758 07-06-2007 03:04 PM

GR well.... being GR again.

I saw this on the Honda Challenge forums.

Yep thes are guys he is racing (at least says he is trying to race) with.

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15930

Reasoning with Francis = :banghead:

Bull 07-06-2007 03:55 PM

Using the word reasoning in relation to GhettoChicken is wasted effort. It is all just a bit too much for him to comprehend.

Bonster 07-06-2007 04:05 PM

I can understand asking a question when you are unclear about the rules, but this is a case of yet once again -- someone tries to help, mulitple times. Yet instead of being smart and taking the advice of three race directors, he'd rather argue in hopes that the rules will magically change and make his interpretation correct. I'm sure the car's cage was fine when he obtained it from Andrie. Why go messing with perfection in the first place???

Bull 07-06-2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bonster
I can understand asking a question when you are unclear about the rules, but this is a case of yet once again -- someone tries to help, mulitple times. Yet instead of being smart and taking the advice of three race directors, he'd rather argue in hopes that the rules will magically change and make his interpretation correct. I'm sure the car's cage was fine when he obtained it from Andrie. Why go messing with perfection in the first place???

Particularly when nobody with an once of common sense would want to implement the "design" he is trying to sneak through the rules. He f's with a good cage for the same reason he does all of the other crap to his cars...SO HE NEVER HAS TO SHOW UP AND RACE!

Bonster 07-06-2007 04:41 PM

Well, I hope he doesn't start touting himself as a custom cage builder. :p

Sean F 07-06-2007 04:44 PM

what a tool

M758 07-06-2007 05:24 PM

Why go messing with perfection in the first place???

Bonnie, He is 5 seconds off the pace and needs to do something. ;)

Bull 07-06-2007 05:55 PM

Well, I hope he doesn't start touting himself as a custom cage builder. :p

We have had him in a cage here for so long, he may think he has become an expert on "cages", while what he really might be gaining some advanced level of knowledge about is being CAGED!

SundayDriver 07-06-2007 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by M758
Bonnie, He is 5 seconds off the pace and needs to do something. ;)

Damn - he got 5 seconds faster and I missed it.

jester911 07-06-2007 07:10 PM

So let me get this straight. The guys that helped write the rule as it is written has told him point blank his interpretation is wrong but he still says he is right.

"It is deja vu all over again."

Okay so what is the definition of insanity again? I keep forgetting. :banghead:

Veloce Raptor 07-06-2007 07:15 PM

PREDICTION: Mua Haha will get DQ'd by yet another group, then go on 43 on line forums making excuses for his non-performance.

Sean F 07-06-2007 07:18 PM

If GR raced himself he'd lose

GhettoRacer 07-07-2007 12:01 AM

It's not my fault you guys can't learn to read English and interpret it legally. Finding gray areas in the rules is done on all levels of racing, from club racing to F1. The A and B pillar I described is perfectly legal under the current written rule. The directors hate to admit it, but they indirectly did when they say they'll change the wording to ban such a design.

Bonster 07-07-2007 12:28 AM

GR -- learn the English language, better yet, reading comprehension, before you go boogering up the interpretations of those far ahead and beyond you (race directors). Why can't you just take your lumps and move along??? Why must you feel that you are the center of the universe? This has NOTHING to do with interpretation so much as FACT. FACT is . . . your cage is ****ed. Sorry, but that seems to be the only language you can understand. And to be very honest, SAFETY is what every sanctioning body (NASA, SCCA, IMSA, etc) is truly looking out for. Safety is a category in which you need to check your ego at the door. PLEASE do so. I don't love or hate you, but I'd really hate to see you get injured, or possibly killed, only because you are too proud to LISTEN.

Here's WHY . . . use a cage that is not up to the specs, risk your LIFE. Is your life worth so little that you feel it is necessary to argue? Come on, Frank! You are messing with death when you mess with a proven forumula for a safe cage. PLEASE think twice. I'm not trying to be a 'turd' or a '**** talker'. I must realize that the testing that came before you or I ever started racing is worth more than a stupid argument. Safety FIRST. That should be at the top of your list. Best of luck,

TD in DC 07-07-2007 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
It's not my fault you guys can't learn to read English and interpret it legally. Finding gray areas in the rules is done on all levels of racing, from club racing to F1. The A and B pillar I described is perfectly legal under the current written rule. The directors hate to admit it, but they indirectly did when they say they'll change the wording to ban such a design.

Yup. None of us here can interpret English "legally."

In any event, what advantage would you gain if you were right?