Notices

GCC 2007, come and get me

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Formula Ford would be a great vehicle for the challenge!
Originally Posted by SundayDriver
That is what I thought. I have never driven one but clearly it takes some real skills to drive that thing on the edge and some real ***** too. Sounds like the perfect vehicle.

An interesting choice IMHO.

Formula cars reward talented drovers and confound poor ones. If Frank is as fast as he claims, and Sunday is as slow as Frank claims, this should give the Ghettoracer a real advantage.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:21 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wasn't GhettoRacist a Skippy instructor? If he was, then he has tons of experience in similar Formula cars.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasn't GhettoRacist a Skippy instructor?
Not that I've ever heard him say....
Old 05-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Skippy peanut butter?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:56 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
Not that I've ever heard him say....
Well he talked a lot about it a couple of years ago. Maybe he applied for a job there are was rejected. I can't imagine why any racing school would not jump at the chance to hire GhettoRacist as an instructor.

Sorry, I guess this was just another failed career move by GhettoRacist.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

It sure got quiet in here in a hurry, didn't it?
Yes, it's become almost deafening.

Which actually I find surprising. He was so vocal when he threw down this latest gauntlet, I figured he'd be talking trash for sure.

After all, this "competition" is exactly what he wanted, and he has his choice of cars that will maximize his skills.

I wonder what gives.

Also Sunday, he hasn't contacted me yet for my mailing address. If he contacts you about details and dates, will you give him the address?
Old 05-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having a couple of friends who are instructors with the Skippy School, one of which I will be on track with Monday and Tuesday at Summit Point, I'll have to inquirer about DungBoy The Chicken-Hearted's career at Skippy.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:33 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Yes, it's become almost deafening.

Which actually I find surprising. He was so vocal when he threw down this latest gauntlet, I figured he'd be talking trash for sure.

After all, this "competition" is exactly what he wanted, and he has his choice of cars that will maximize his skills.

I wonder what gives.

Also Sunday, he hasn't contacted me yet for my mailing address. If he contacts you about details and dates, will you give him the address?
I will give him the info if he asks. However, I am traveling to Mid Ohio so I will be out of touch for part of the time. I am sure you will have his check in hand by next Friday - I mean it IS his challenge that I have accepted. He seems to have agreed to a Texas track and gave me the choice of race cars, so I choose Formula Ford which I have never driven. What else could possibly stand in the way unless he is just simply a coward?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:29 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bull
Having a couple of friends who are instructors with the Skippy School, one of which I will be on track with Monday and Tuesday at Summit Point, I'll have to inquirer about DungBoy The Chicken-Hearted's career at Skippy.

I'll be with Skippy at Road America this next weekend and work it into some conversations possibly.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
What's confusing about this is that:

a) he didn't want to tie up his cash in an escrow account on the bet that he'd turn pro w/in X years -- he had racecar projects he needed to spend his money on,
b) he's supremely confident that he'd kick Mark's @$$ by 10 seconds, so...
c) that would mean he'd make a quick $5k (or whatever's left after expenses)

So if he a) needs the money, and b) KNOWS that he'd win, then...

why isn't he all over this MONEYMAKING OPPORTUNITY?

(...crickets...)
Old 05-07-2007, 05:38 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Good news, I decided to call Glen to see what's going on with him.... he's just been really busy with life. But he expressed interesting in organizing GCC07 still! I'll been calling him on a regular basis to check progress.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:44 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

c/interesting/interest

Rob. The terms needs to be ironed out. Also, do not forget, the winner gets to PICK THE CHARITY. He does NOT keep the money. Also, I want to kick more than just SlowDriver's butt. I'm calling the rest of the loud mouth drivers too, including, but not limited to, VR, Greg, 356, Mike, Jim, Bryan, Bull, maybe few others. I'm willing to put $10k into this total. So perhaps instead of $1000/sec. against SlowDriver only, It will be $100/sec. but against each one of the above drivers.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
c/interesting/interest

Rob. The terms needs to be ironed out. Also, do not forget, the winner gets to PICK THE CHARITY. He does NOT keep the money. Also, I want to kick more than just SlowDriver's butt. I'm calling the rest of the loud mouth drivers too, including, but not limited to, VR, Greg, 356, Mike, Jim, Bryan, Bull, maybe few others. I'm willing to put $10k into this total. So perhaps instead of $1000/sec. against SlowDriver only, It will be $100/sec. but against each one of the above drivers.

Just put it together and bring your money (cash, not a rubber check book).
Old 05-07-2007, 12:03 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

I like Glen's setup that he's discussed with me before. I hope he comes through. If I set it up on my own, most likely it will be towards end of the year. Don't worry, one way or another it is GhettoRacer's Charity Challenge 2007 so it will happen before the year is over. I'm not letting you guys off the hook.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

So, SundayDrive offers up a fair challenge, puts some money and Ghetto somewhat accepts...wouldn't take much to get things rolling. When Ghetto realizes he is in WAY over his head, he calls up Glen so that he can keep talking about his other challenge and use it as an excuse for not showing up to race Sunday.

Quick Reply: GCC 2007, come and get me