Notices

"This is my year" April audit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, now you're urking me about SM versus the 944 Spec class. Porsche, like all sports cars, has a wide variety of models available. A full prepared SM versus a 944 isn't really a fair comparison. The thing to remember is that you must race within your class. Every class has a set of rules, which make each class that much more competitive. Who cares if a Spec Miata is faster (in some cases, lol) than a 944? Something I've learned to live by . . . for every driver I am faster than, I suspect there are probably 10 drivers faster than myself. Know what I mean, jelly-bean? I love all cars (well, except for the Pontiac Aztec and the AMC Gremlin), and they all have their ups and downs. Right? I was all over a 997 this afternoon at Sears Point -- in the TURNS -- but his car was stock. As soon as we hit the few straights, he was gaining on me again. That's just how cars are -- some have talents in turns, some have talents in the straights. Comparing a Miata to a Porsche is silly.

JMHO, and no offense to anyone. I've just seen so many cars, so much talent, and so many different set-ups. Every car has its ups and downs. Taking those ups to compensate for its downs is where it's all out. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it (that one is for you, Colm, lol!).
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

the only solid race plans are the SoCal SCCA/CalClub Honda Cup schedule (since it is arrive and drive). http://www.ghettoracer.com/schedule
Old 04-17-2007, 12:58 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

umm, is it that time of the month again bonster? jfwy.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
the only solid race plans are the SoCal SCCA/CalClub Honda Cup schedule (since it is arrive and drive). http://www.ghettoracer.com/schedule
I see now why you are starting to talk about 2008 already! It will be difficult for anyone to "discover" you this year, or decide to invest in "sponsoring" you.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:34 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am announcing my pro racing plans - remember, you heard it here first...

I am going to compete in F1. But that is not all. In the same year, I will be campaigning in ALMS as well as LeMans. I will have a NASCAR ride and IRL too. Not sure about CART.

I will be doing this in 2044. Now all you haters can doubt me, but I have a plan that none of you wannabes can possibly understand, so just keep quiet about it. I have years to talk about it, and I even have a bet with Fishman about whether it will happen.

If you doubt my talent, then you can enter the SundayDrover charity challenge. But you guys have to set it up, and keep the time, date and location secret.

Just wait till 2044 and I will show all of you guys that I am a real racer. In the meantime, I will stay sharp by driving slot cars and PS3 games.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:38 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
I am announcing my pro racing plans - remember, you heard it here first...

I am going to compete in F1. But that is not all. In the same year, I will be campaigning in ALMS as well as LeMans. I will have a NASCAR ride and IRL too. Not sure about CART.

I will be doing this in 2044. Now all you haters can doubt me, but I have a plan that none of you wannabes can possibly understand, so just keep quiet about it. I have years to talk about it, and I even have a bet with Fishman about whether it will happen.

If you doubt my talent, then you can enter the SundayDrover charity challenge. But you guys have to set it up, and keep the time, date and location secret.

Just wait till 2044 and I will show all of you guys that I am a real racer. In the meantime, I will stay sharp by driving slot cars and PS3 games.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Now all you haters can doubt me, but I have a plan that none of you wannabes can possibly understand, so just keep quiet about it.
With a plan like that, I bet your parents don't even understand you, so I'm sure you don't expect us to.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Frank . . . the 'time of the month' comment was pure stupidity, not to mention a TMI point. Why can't I have an opinion, based on many years of learning about cars, without you bringing up something so lame as that? And even if it was that time (which it is not), what then, would be your excuse? Sheesh, Frank, that was really stupid. Obviously you do not have much experience with women. Just because I have an opinion, get mad, or whatever, does not mean it's hormones. Dude, get a clue. And frankly, even when it IS that time, nobody would ever know. If a chick uses that excuse on you, she's full of it. There is this thing called control. Get some.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:11 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
With a plan like that, I bet your parents don't even understand you, so I'm sure you don't expect us to.
Unfortunately, my parents are no longer alive. But I read a book last week (actually I read 15 pages of it) all about the ancient art of the I-Sing. This originated in Atlantis. It is far too complex for you to understand, but I will try to bring it down to your level. You stand on your toes in a ballet slipper and wear a combat boot on the other foot. You wear a tu-tu and flak jacket and sing loudly off key. When you reach this high state, that only a few can understand, you are able to converse with the dead.

You are correct (even you 'tyrds' can get things right from time to time) that I have spoken to my parents and they do not understand. I have also heard from many ancient Chinese souls asking that we send GhettoRacer to them ASAP for "retraining" - they said his current life is a waste and think he should start a new one a soon as possible - they suggested he come back as a Kia.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bonster
Obviously you do not have much experience with women.
Zing.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:23 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
Frank . . . the 'time of the month' comment was pure stupidity, not to mention a TMI point. Why can't I have an opinion, based on many years of learning about cars, without you bringing up something so lame as that? And even if it was that time (which it is not), what then, would be your excuse? Sheesh, Frank, that was really stupid. Obviously you do not have much experience with women. Just because I have an opinion, get mad, or whatever, does not mean it's hormones. Dude, get a clue. And frankly, even when it IS that time, nobody would ever know. If a chick uses that excuse on you, she's full of it. There is this thing called control. Get some.
calm down and lighten up bon. didn't you see the jfwy. haha. was just kidding around. ohh, i know my girls and woman very well. effects of PMS varies a great deal for girls. it is very hard on some... so it can be a real excuse.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:30 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

at your current health state, do you think you will live to 2044? haha, i think not. mock me all you want. but as the wise say...

here are some from Doctor King;

Progress
All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.

Hope
Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.

========================

author unknown:

“Excellence can be obtained if you:

...care more than others think is wise;

...risk more than others think is safe;

...dream more than others think is practical;

...expect more than others think is possible.”
Old 04-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

It's not a valid excuse, TRUST ME. I know something about that, unfortunately. Thank God I'm getting older, it's not so bad. But when I was younger, life wasn't so easy. But I learned to control how I reacted to the situation. I had a very hard time with the whole female thing. That's about as much info as I think needs to be offered. But no, it's not an excuse. I wish the drugs available now were around ten years ago, I will tell ya that.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:33 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

man i sure love these quotes:

“To dream anything that you want to dream. That's the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do. That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed.”
Bernard Edmonds quotes

“Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.”
Leon Joseph Cardinal Suenens quotes ( Archbishop of Malines-Brussels 1904-1996)

“The supreme object of life is to live. Few people live. It is true life only to realize one's own perfection, to make one's every dream a reality.”
Oscar Wilde quotes (Irish Poet, Novelist, Dramatist and Critic, 1854-1900)

“A goal is a dream with a deadline.”
Napoleon Hill quotes (American author, 1883-1970)
Old 04-17-2007, 11:33 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just signed up for a race. Does that make me a bench racer poseur?

Oh yeah, and I fixed this for you:

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
========================

author unknown:

“Excellence can be obtained if you:

...care more than others think is wise;

...risk more than others think is safe;

...dream more than others think is practical;

...expect more than others think is possible.

... AND actually get off your @ss and DO SOMETHING

Quick Reply: "This is my year" April audit