Notices

re: Question for the Instructors and CIs out there.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:47 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Anybody know whose rental SM that was? It looks like one of Izzy Sanchez's cars, but with the limited badging, it's hard to tell. It's definitely not an SCCA car, by the looks of the placement, etc., of the stickers. NASA car, for sure. I always thought NASA was a little crazy, but this wreck takes the cake. I will still run NASA, not intending to offend the powers that be (and Jerry happens to be a good buddy of mine, so I gotta cover my tracks just in case -- he'd be on the phone yelling at me, lol). Just wondering who rented an SM to a rookie? Brave, whoever they are. How much did you have to pay them, Frank? For the rental and the damage?
Nope it was not Izzy's, and I have no interested in discussion the arrangements as it is completely private matter. Discussing the terms with the tools here would be just another useless exercise of **** talking. But just realize that, you have NEVER EVER heard the owner saying anything about I didn't take care of it did you? All you hear is bunch of hear says especially from the turds here that I didn't pay for the crash. I took care of the owner right away and we are both happy. That's why you see me posing by the wreck with a smile.

As far as the other party's car... it was determined to be an racing incident... so 50/50 at best. We take care of our own cars. Although my car didn't look as damaged as his, it was also junked (framed/cage was pretty bad).

If you look at the angle of the hit (ok, imagine sitting in the driver's seat looking straight ahead) which is about 45 degrees to the left... and the speed of the hit (as far as I can tell he never even slow down 1 bit, no sign of braking) which was about 45-50 mph by my estimate... I don't see how anybody with a un biased view can view it as my fault (not more than 50%... i take responsibility for spin but it was only a 180 spin and I had the car in control going *straight* backwards... he came at me full speed, and i tried to get out of his way last minute i cracked the steering wheel all the way left (to move car out of track). My car was always moving, I did not park it in the middle of the track.

Also taken into the fact that, this was a QUALIFYING session, not a race. If it was a race I can see why he was going full blast all the times... but it was merely qualifying... why take the risk??
Old 03-10-2007, 08:03 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the car belonged to Lucas (forget his last name). Frank could not make good on his contract to pay for damages and had to find another way to settle up.

As far as the owner never saying negative things, that is BS. I think that a search of the PDC archives, for those that are members, will find the truth of that claim. Of course, Francis can't do that search as he is the only person I know who was kicked off that mailing list. I am proud to say it was because of this immature, personal attacks on myself and DJ.

If anyone wants the story from the very experienced racer who Francis took out, I think you can find Shawn Sampson's comments somewhere on the SM forum.

Francis is clearly "honesty challenged".

BTW, Francis, please keep calling me 'pops'. I am proud to say that I am a grandfather and calling me 'pops' is a huge compliment. Thanks
Old 03-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only DungPile could describe "a 180 degree spin and rolling backwards across" a hot track at a qualifying session as "had the car under controll". That is abusing the privledges of being stupid! DungHeap the Imposter Racer is a bold faced LIAR!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:07 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Also taken into the fact that, this was a QUALIFYING session, not a race. If it was a race I can see why he was going full blast all the times... but it was merely qualifying... why take the risk??
Old 03-10-2007, 09:23 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

ohh the master of OffTopic posters.... damn trolls.... i shall drink to some strawberry milk cider. yummy.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

I dunno, I suppose that spinning in a q'fying session is possible. I only say that because I fear that if I scorn it, it will happen to me next. I must say, as a proud member of HWFMR, lol, I must be going too slow -- I've never spun in a race or q'fying yet. I've went off track around a stopped car, but I've never actually spun. Even when I got punted at PIR, I didn't spin. My head was spinning a bit, but not the car. Can't say I haven't come darn close, though.

I've thought about turning my daily driver (another Miata) into an SM to rent out to folks for DEs. I wouldn't rent it out for races because I don't wish to spend a lot of money on a Rebello engine on a car that I will never likely race. I'd think a contract should be drawn up, and I would want money for repairs if someone balled it up. I'm glad you were able to work out some kind of deal, Frank, but in the future, do be careful with rental racecars. Not everybody would have been so nice about it. You all might think SM racing is 'cheap' by comparison to some of your cars, but it still does cost money -- something I for one don't have a large abundance of.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,395 Likes on 744 Posts

Incredible.

Francis, please post your alleged 2007 track schedule. I need to make sure, with 100% certainty, that we never share a track.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:30 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

competitive SM racing is NOT cheap BW. you should know that. there's a lot of hidden costs...
Old 03-10-2007, 11:49 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

competitive SM racing is NOT cheap BW. you should know that. there's a lot of hidden costs...

like buying a racecar you broke

and what do you know about competetive?

Last edited by cooleyjb; 03-11-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

You have no idea how stupid this comment sounds. Maybe someday if you ever progress beyond rookie status you'll understand. Of course that will require you to actually show up for a race weekend, something which you seem strangely reluctant to do.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:41 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

So is it double standards then?? Why should I get blamed more?!

I spun out because I was pushing the envelop. He crashed into me full speed because he was also pushing it... who's to blame more? We both lost our cars...
Old 03-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

GR, you get blamed because you spun and collected another car not the other way around. He was in control of his car, you were not. You instigated the contact with your spin.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...........We both lost our cars...
Here we go again with The Theater of The Mind! Who's car??????

It must be nice to be able to fool one's self so easily....but then the operative word here is FOOL!
Old 03-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

***Uhhh . . . I pretty much just said that in a previous post.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:04 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by 1957 356
GR, you get blamed because you spun and collected another car not the other way around. He was in control of his car, you were not. You instigated the contact with your spin.
no son, you have no clue what happened do you? if he was in control, why did he hit my car full speed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: re: Question for the Instructors and CIs out there.