You know, before the clown hair...
Old 02-23-2007, 06:39 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well since it is a BMW one could guess that it's Dave, but with the wonderful outcome of what some people call "being in control" ghettoracer style, it just makes you go hmmmm.....

That's a heck of a sequence to get caught on camera.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
Well since it is a BMW one could guess that it's Dave, but with the wonderful outcome of what some people call "being in control" ghettoracer style, it just makes you go hmmmm.....

That's a heck of a sequence to get caught on camera.
No, not Dave. But this shot of the distraught drover somehow reminds me of the grinning clown flashing "Hang Loose" in front of the Miata he just wrecked in a Yin and Yang sort of way.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2007, 07:00 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Hmm? My version does not involve going up side down yo.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Hmm? My version does not involve going up side down yo.

Can I drove your car?

I think not!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:18 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IIRC this also got him booted from the track. i guess there is more than one way to leave the track...
Old 02-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, the driving style says it is definitely him.....but, the guy looks like he realizes that he just F'ed up big time. So, can it be *** Clown? If he knew how to identify and a be concerned about being F'd up, he would surely shoot himself and end the problem.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Bull
Mike, the driving style says it is definitely him.....but, the guy looks like he realizes that he just F'ed up big time. So, can it be *** Clown? If he knew how to identify and a be concerned about being F'd up, he would surely shoot himself and end the problem.

I was after the contrasts in reaction to damaging a car.

As to shooting himself, he'd likely threaten himself, and then find a way to back out.

BTW, in the last shot of the ghetto drove sequence, does it look like the rear end is well on it's way to coming around? I wouldn't be surprised if he did spin it, and just didn't post the rest of the shots in the sequence.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
I was after the contrasts in reaction to damaging a car.

As to shooting himself, he'd likely threaten himself, and then find a way to back out.

BTW, in the last shot of the ghetto drove sequence, does it look like the rear end is well on it's way to coming around? I wouldn't be surprised if he did spin it, and just didn't post the rest of the shots in the sequence.
I thought I was too...

Those last pictures had me thinking the same thing! When the rear tires hit the paint, he was gone.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:11 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Bow down to my dorifuto skills.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Bow down to my dorifuto skills.

I have to say it -- Good save, Frank.

I also have to say this -- A good drover with real skills, and not dorifuto skills, wouldn't have been there in the first place.

(And thanks for confirming that there was more to the sequence I thought so )
Old 02-24-2007, 03:04 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

In another place he mentioned how he planned to pop the car up on two wheels. That is why the photographer just "happened" to be there too.

Another step on the ladder to HPDE Champion.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Dear Charter Member of the GR Honor Roll

I was aware that the two wheel was intentional.

Evidently 'dorifuto skills' means "early apex like a rookie".

That looks like the Corkscrew to me. If he had used a later apex, he would have gotten air under the two left tires, and not had the near spin.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:51 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

umm, have you been to Thunderhill? doesn't seem like. i don't think you should be talking about a track that you have never been on... i like to see you drive it a few times, and then maybe you can try to get some air. lets see how you do.

"turbo" (the corner worker that happens to be at that corner that day) has been working at thunderhill for YEARS. when he saw what i did he was blown away... i'm proud of the fact that the pix came out so bad *** looking... but it really does not look as crazy as the pictures looked.

if you study the pictures carefully, you can tell. here's a hint... pictures number 1 is as high as the car got. there was no way it was going to flip.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:06 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

umm, have you been to Thunderhill? doesn't seem like. i don't think you should be talking about a track that you have never been on... i like to see you drive it a few times, and then maybe you can try to get some air. lets see how you do.

"turbo" (the corner worker that happens to be at that corner that day) has been working at thunderhill for YEARS. when he saw what i did he was blown away... i'm proud of the fact that the pix came out so bad *** looking... but it really does not look as crazy as the pictures looked.

if you study the pictures carefully, you can tell. here's a hint... pictures number 1 is as high as the car got. there was no way it was going to flip.
I offer this as a public service announcement...
Do you find Francis difficult to understand? Well there is a trick. Enter his text into Babblefish, translate it to another language and then translate that back to English. He makes much more sense that way. See, here is what he really said...

Umm, you are to Thunderhill? Likes not as if. I did not think you should discuss the track you never are like in... me looking you drive its several, how and do you prefer to be able then to try to obtain some air to let look at you. "accidentally is in that quoin day) turbo" (the corner worker operates in the thunderhill for several years when he saw any my him to blow... me is arrogant pix has come for the fact outside therefore the bad donkey looked... but is it truly did not look the equally crazy elephant picture looked. If you carefully study the picture, you can tell here are the prompt... picture number 1 are equally high look like it to plan the turn over the automobile obtained there not to have the way.

Quick Reply: Remind you of anyone?