Notices

Put it back!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Well, the dirty little secret is that the trolls can be pretty funny so long as you don't take this interweb business too seriously.
All true.

However, when a troll crosses the line and takes pot shots at the driving skills of innocent bystanders--when he himself is a really crappy driver who has been kicked out of dozens of groups--it isn't funny any more.

JMHO....
Old 02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

True, but it is not as if Colm is really damaged by that pot shot. I know my opinion hasn't been swayed by that.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

But what about the guy coming here for the first time - maybe from his region/at events with him?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:04 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red
I can't believe you just posted that! You have no class whatsoever. If ANYONE I was not extremely familiar with, including you, came up to me and asked to drive my car on the track to show me how it's done, he would get a big HELL NO and possibly a kick in the nuts (or the fleshy sack where his nuts should be) if he kept nagging me. Your lack of class is amazing.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
True, but it is not as if Colm is really damaged by that pot shot. I know my opinion hasn't been swayed by that.
That was my poorly-made point. The ability for crap like what emanates from Frankie Baby's pie hole to influence/damage less experienced drivers who come here is very real. Some of us can see through the BS. Some other may take his comments seriously, and our repeated responses to him as auhentication than he makes valid points.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by forklift
+1
I don't think it should be moved. Frank is showing his ***. It stands as a great example of his character, or lack of...
Old 02-02-2007, 11:54 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I move that Frank's assessment automatically qualifies Colm for the HWFM Racing Team! Do I hear a second?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

whoops, just observed he is a memeber already.

Colm, You need a new title now, grasshopper.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Yes, Colm has been a gteammate in Good Standig for some time.
It takes true talent to drove a car like that slowly.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Yes, Colm has been a teammate in Good Standing for some time.
It takes true talent to drove a car like that slowly.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:52 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Guys

Frank took the shot publically before.

I have a good sense of my abilities and inabilities, strengths and weaknesses, fears and thrills.

No one has ever accused me of being dangerous, or slow (tentative maybe) on the track, and I have never ever been black flagged. Rumor has it I was shown the passing flag once (j/k)

I can take Frank's abuse , and live with my own track shortcomings (turtle); but bad judgement is not one of them.

If my experiences serve to give others perspective and courage to follow their instincts and rely on their own judgement, then I have had a great day.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:37 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

hey Colm, i always thought you are a good guy, perhaps a bit too reserved but none the less i can tell you are an interesting person. can you speak chinese? believe it or not i had the best intentions for you that day. i didn't even care about driving your car (sure it would be nice icing on the cake). i offer to drive you in my car to show you some of things that i thought would greatly help you. you declined. i'm sure todd really wanted to help you out too. we love high performance driving and we love sharing the passion, that's why we are such track ****** and instruct so much. (well, since todd sold tracquest a while ago i'm not sure if he still track ******, haven't heard from him in couple of years)...

since we're here to talk about out true feelings, i'm just letting it all hang out. you were uncomfortable with my approach, you should've just spoken up. there's no need to beat around the bushes. be a man and stand up for yourself. i'm sure you didn't beat around the bush when it comes to your business. right?

this goes to all of you DE guys. communications is the key, any time you have concerns or issues, SPEAK UP. talk to other instructors, talk to chief instructor, or talk to the event master. being reserved gets you no where, and generally makes ppl un-happy.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I hear ya Ghet-OH! - but there are places one should not go, Colm may have beat around the bush (so to say) because your request made him uncomfortable...we generally don't ask Students to drive their cars, especially if it's something we can't write a check for.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
hey Colm, i always thought you are a good guy, perhaps a bit too reserved but none the less i can tell you are an interesting person. can you speak chinese? believe it or not i had the best intentions for you that day. i didn't even care about driving your car (sure it would be nice icing on the cake). i offer to drive you in my car to show you some of things that i thought would greatly help you. you declined. i'm sure todd really wanted to help you out too. we love high performance driving and we love sharing the passion, that's why we are such track ****** and instruct so much. (well, since todd sold tracquest a while ago i'm not sure if he still track ******, haven't heard from him in couple of years)...

since we're here to talk about out true feelings, i'm just letting it all hang out. you were uncomfortable with my approach, you should've just spoken up. there's no need to beat around the bushes. be a man and stand up for yourself. i'm sure you didn't beat around the bush when it comes to your business. right?

this goes to all of you DE guys. communications is the key, any time you have concerns or issues, SPEAK UP. talk to other instructors, talk to chief instructor, or talk to the event master. being reserved gets you no where, and generally makes ppl un-happy.
"Mr Lawyer" here committing a Frances statement to the public record before Mr Integrity changes his post and denies everything.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wa-hahahaha, good job Mike...I thought of doing that the other day, <almost> cut/paste something that Francis said before he changed it and am kicking myself for not doing so...because he did, in fact, change it.

Quick Reply: Put it back!