Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Potential GT4 Purchase.....(Lots of questions)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Viperguy324
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by drwuss
6 figures without the leather dash would be odd IMO. I could see no leather/radio&ac delete/buckets/PCCB/chrono but I think all performance and no fluff still is sub 6 figures.

Fully loaded here was around 115ish, so even dropping a bunch as long as it had CS and PCCB ...you were >100k

The leather package was around 2k.

The market is defiantly different here. As most of your MSRP 110-115 cars are still fetching 120-135k USED ...PCCB/CS is the standout.

I turned down an offer of 123k euro on my MSRP 110k with 8k kms...

People know what they want... lol
Old 05-27-2017, 04:23 PM
fepelopo
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Im kinda in the same boat as OP. Im thinking about getting a GT4 but mainly and only because I love it. When it comes to the future value and depreciation of the car I think everybody has something different to say and all opinions are equally valid. I agree that the price is trending downwards right now and most deals are being closed around MSRP, cars priced higher than that are staying on the market. However, the fun and enjoyment you get out of it its beyond priceless and you cannot measure it. If your concern is the future value and trying to get a low depreciating car I think the cayman R is also a good option. Best of luck.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:03 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by drwuss
I don't think that you can get a "firm" allocation anywhere now. But I do think that if you get your name on a list, CONFIGURE your car and make sure YOUR NAME is on the configuration (and only one configuration, not at six dealerships) you will get one. Most likely one of the last ones.
You can't even get your name on a list or configure your car. I called every single Porsche dealership from Texas North to the Canadian border and West to the Pacific Ocean. Zero luck, zilch. Not a single dealership would put me on a list. A few took my name as a courtesy in case all 30 of the folks on their list die at once, but nothing at all serious, no deposits, no config. My local dealer took a dummy config from me, but no deposit, no place on the 'list', and they told me the chance of getting a car is very slim. The only way anyone can get their name on a list today is to pay a ridiculous ADM to one of the dealers out there auctioning off their allocations. The rest of us are just going to have to wait it out.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperguy324
I don't know anyone who will pay 6 figures for a car with a plastic looking dash...
I would if the rest of the build was right. Not a big fan of leather on the dash. Prefer the simple, old school look.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Sven76
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I paid over 100k for a car with a plastic dash and couldn't care less. No PCCB, no SC but club sport and PCM.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by noro78
The price of GT4 at the moment is trending downwards. You will not loose an arm and a leg just because this is a highly desired car but if anyone comes and tells you the exact resale value trust me they don't know what they are talking about.

i personally would pay no more than 1K for a certified car all else being equal.. that's mostly because I've been spinning my own wrenches for a decade and GT4 is a surprisingly simple car for a modern unit. (That's why I like it so much).

Best of luck to you, and I am hoping to be an owner in about a year... who knows maybe I'll be buying YOUR car .. so please get a Carmine Red with buckets and PCCB... cheers!
My GT4 is CR, PCCBs, Buckets, and Yellow stitching. I think only 2-3 builds similar in US. Car has 4000 street miles. I do not track. When you are ready track me down. I will drive it until about Nov and then will be stored for Winter or may put it up for sale in Oct. My .2GT3 will be a Spring/Summer 2018 delivery.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:48 PM
noro78
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
My GT4 is CR, PCCBs, Buckets, and Yellow stitching. I think only 2-3 builds similar in US. Car has 4000 street miles. I do not track. When you are ready track me down. I will drive it until about Nov and then will be stored for Winter or may put it up for sale in Oct. My .2GT3 will be a Spring/Summer 2018 delivery.
well Jimmy.. you may just have what I need . When I have the cash in hand and ready to go I'll be in touch.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:35 AM
Viperguy324
Racer

Originally Posted by Sven76
I paid over 100k for a car with a plastic dash and couldn't care less. No PCCB, no SC but club sport and PCM.

Did you pay MSRP? ...seems high.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Sven76
Pro

I live in Germany, there is no such thing as MSRP+ on new cars. Even got a small discount (<3%) / a few goodies. Clubsport package, 918 seats, 2nd Schroth, PCM, DAB+ (kind of equivalent to Sirius), Bluetooth, blue colour, cruise control and you ended up at €102k list price.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:34 PM
Viperguy324
Racer

Originally Posted by Sven76
I live in Germany, there is no such thing as MSRP+ on new cars. Even got a small discount (<3%) / a few goodies. Clubsport package, 918 seats, 2nd Schroth, PCM, DAB+ (kind of equivalent to Sirius), Bluetooth, blue colour, cruise control and you ended up at €102k list price.

There is when you buy it via a handler. ..still a new car. And a lot of people I have met did not get one from a factory dealer.

Anyways, with what you listed.. I see about 98,411eur... So where is the 3.6k? Blue is just metallic right? ..not sonder farbe?
Old 05-30-2017, 05:52 PM
Sven76
Pro

Ah, forgot PDLS / Xenon. Should come standard, even the Clio GT of my wife has LED, but hey this is Porsche. Plus "Überführungskosten", i.e. delivery charge. And yes, SB is metallic, not PTS. Larger fuel tank and leather instead of Alcantara for steering wheel and shift **** were free of charge,

And no leather on the dash, just don't like it for what is predominately a track tool.

Quick Reply: Potential GT4 Purchase.....(Lots of questions)