Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Suspension help

I was hoping there is a good user info to determine which suspension upgrades
and from whom would be best for my GT4.

RSS kits
BBi Kits
Tarrett

Any others?

I do like the stepped approach rather than going all out on the parts as this is not a DD but not a dedicated track car either.

Thanks in Advance for your help,

Dan
Old 05-24-2017, 08:51 PM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have RSS kit stage 1 w Tarret Swift spring kits. Thats it. For me, that is enough and helps w even tire wear and gives me good alignment setting. Been happy as no issues at all.

Many run BBI and Tarrett as well. Others can chime in on this. Go with a company that you can have good service from (in case of material defect - it can happen) and the shop that is installing has good relationship with the vendor.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:22 PM
ML///
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it really depends on what you're trying to solve. My car is completely stock - not even a performance alignment and it feels pretty good to me. Sure there's understeer mid-corner, but its nothing that you can't deal with or possibly change the sway bar settings. I think most people want more camber and look for mods to address the uneven tire wear this car produces.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:24 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,456 Likes on 908 Posts

For a basic setup with not too much negative camber.... rear toe links from any reputable shop, shim kit and a good alignment is a good first step. From there decide if you need to address other areas. In my case I went with TPC based on the offset design of the toe links, very happy with the results.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:52 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Idem here... Just bought shims and tpc links
Old 05-25-2017, 09:55 AM
mrd_spy
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

Rear Toelinks, shim kit and geo, that's all that's needed imo

then drive and go from there, one might go DSC controller then or power mods, or PADS and fluid.

there is a track sticky thread !!!

You don't even have to go 3rd party parts, Porsche cup cars can be bought. I went Tarrett, the next poster will have gone RSS and the next some one else, it's just a toe link with adjustment they will all do the same thing.:-)

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9323...etup-wiki.html
Old 05-26-2017, 10:41 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 913 Likes on 513 Posts

Sorry I am biased, not only to the brand, but to the data -
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9731...toe-links.html
Old 05-26-2017, 11:15 AM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

I am not biased but still use TPC toelinks...

I reviewed the info; talked to my shop and we decided to use TPC toelinks as our best options.
They provide confidence in the hard braking zones and they are a key component of me having top times on the east coast tracks
Old 05-26-2017, 04:46 PM
gulf911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Sorry I am biased, not only to the brand, but to the data -
https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9731...toe-links.html

Hi Tom,
Is TPC only rear toe links or front and rear? In order to get more neg up front wouldnt I need adj toe links up front as well?

Thank you for your help!
Dan
Old 05-26-2017, 06:18 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 913 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by gulf911
Hi Tom,
Is TPC only rear toe links or front and rear? In order to get more neg up front wouldnt I need adj toe links up front as well?

Thank you for your help!
Dan
Hi Dan,
We mostly sell just the rear toe links for GT4. We do make front outters(at two different lengths) with bump steer adjustability but we use them only for more than -2.7 degrees of front camber.
Regards,
Tom
Old 05-29-2017, 02:06 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am running the BBi sport cup kit in my car with all the LCA's and thrust arms.

One thing to consider is your intended use and how much you plan to track the car. I was unable to get more than -2.7 front camber on the LCA's and shims alone due to the stud length on the BBi arms. I would have to have swapped to the RSS longer style LCA's or camber plates to get the additional camber. I opted to go camber plates as well.

I would definitely concur on the TPC toe links. They are a game changer for high speed braking stability. I was shocked at the difference and was able to pull out a little camber and toe as well.

So in summary - You might consider the RSS kit and get the longer setup for the front that will allow you to get the proper amount of camber from the bottom alone. Don't get their toe link kit; get the TPC instead.

Depending on how much camber you plan for you might want to contemplate the BBi thrust arms to get the caster up front dialed in as well.

- Chris.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:45 PM
gulf911
Instructor

Thanks to all for the responses! Chris, After a GMG setup with all the stock parts there is no wiggle etc. on heavy braking at all. Solid as a rock. I only plan on maybe 1 or DE's a year. I want to keep the car in pristine condition , but also drive it. I thought I could get some of the push out by going from -2deg to maybe -2.5deg in the front and -1.7deg to -2Deg in the rear. and Keeping toe correct. With RE71's 245's and 285's , Maybe go with the TPC for the rear and BBi for front?

Thanks again,
Dan
Old 05-29-2017, 07:42 PM
Hams955
Pro

Originally Posted by gulf911
Thanks to all for the responses! Chris, After a GMG setup with all the stock parts there is no wiggle etc. on heavy braking at all. Solid as a rock. I only plan on maybe 1 or DE's a year. I want to keep the car in pristine condition , but also drive it. I thought I could get some of the push out by going from -2deg to maybe -2.5deg in the front and -1.7deg to -2Deg in the rear. and Keeping toe correct. With RE71's 245's and 285's , Maybe go with the TPC for the rear and BBi for front?

Thanks again,
Dan
Hi Dan,

I think you're on a good path with that idea. I'd go ahead and get the RSS extended version of the LCA for the front. That way, should your plans change in the future, you'll have the right part on the car to get more camber. You should be able to get to your rear camber goal with shims alone on the stock LCA's. The extended version of the RSS is here: http://rss.rpmware.com/rss/rss-suspe...i-2504787.aspx

you can see the normal and the XL side by side in the picture.

You might also consider the front thrust arm bushing from RSS so you can make sure to get the caster back and re-center the wheel in the fender: http://rss.rpmware.com/rss/rss-suspe.../i-238442.aspx

For the rear toe link I'd definitely recommend the TPC toe links.

I'm running both bars on medium at the moment and my car is more to the loose side where I like it.

I am also running the Dundon dive planes on the front, their Gurney flap on the wing, and the BBi wing risers.

Best of luck; the car is so much fun when you get that push dialed out!!!

Name:  D96A5636-6FF2-461F-962C-3997DBA33544_zpsbsdgrwi3.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  2.30 MB

Name:  3F3D2FC0-41A1-471A-B3A4-D21660CD148B_zpsi2bqmyq2.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  2.06 MB

- Chris.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:48 PM
Hams955
Pro

Hi Dan,
We mostly sell just the rear toe links for GT4. We do make front outters(at two different lengths) with bump steer adjustability but we use them only for more than -2.7 degrees of front camber.
Regards,
Tom
Tom,

We are going to modify my TPC toe links to do a rod end on the outboard side to get back some wheel clearance. I am running an 11.5" wheel that is 19" OD. The Tarett toe links employed a rod end on the outboard side and did not have interference at my wheel. The TPC version does. I will report back our results.

- Chris.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:49 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Hi Dan,
Regards,
Tom
Hmm I'm running -3 deg front on stock arms. Is there a concern about thread engagement?

Quick Reply: Track Suspension help