Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 trade in for 997.2 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Anidjare
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Petevb and shakenbake, thank you for the terrific and detailed posts. I get to the track 4-8 times a year so I doubt that's considered hard track use. The main reason I don't want a race car is the constant maintenance. Maybe an RS isn't the way to go and 997.2 GT3 would be a better fit. I am looking for the more analog experience not the fastest lap times but I feel like the GT4 is a little low on torque which when compounded by the gearing can be even more noticeable.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:31 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 946 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Anidjare
Petevb and shakenbake, thank you for the terrific and detailed posts. I get to the track 4-8 times a year so I doubt that's considered hard track use. The main reason I don't want a race car is the constant maintenance. Maybe an RS isn't the way to go and 997.2 GT3 would be a better fit. I am looking for the more analog experience not the fastest lap times but I feel like the GT4 is a little low on torque which when compounded by the gearing can be even more noticeable.
RS vs GT3 - get the RS. Shorter gearing, noise, bit more manic power delivery, looks, front grip on the road, massively more aero.... Overall, it's the car to get if you are closing your eyes when you write the check. All the maint challenges I mentioned apply to the GT3 as well. I will own one again at some point, just not as a track car.

Quick Reply: GT4 trade in for 997.2 GT3RS