Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Suspension System Fault....anyone dealt w this ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 11:56 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
1) no

2) yes
+1, It had front/rear struts on one side fail, and replaced under warranty. After an alignment, the car was great at WGI.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:43 AM
BRNGT4
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by O5C4R
Yes I got this fault and it plagued me for 3 days of a 6 day event. I could turn the car off and on and it would clear until I got the car into some high speed turns and it's back.
What it was in my case when the rear cage was installed a small black sensor was not bolted back in place to the top of the rear passenger or in your case driver side shock tower. So every time I got into it it was flipping around thinking I was doing somersaults.
Maybe that sensor could be loose
I have had this same fault for a long time now and its bothering me. I first thought it was the ride height sensors so i calibrated those but i still get the suspension fault (mostly if i do a hard left hand turn or go up a ramp). I am very curious about this small black sensor you mention. If you have a clear picture of the sensor it would be great!
Old 02-07-2018, 08:27 AM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 550 Likes on 267 Posts

what's your BMI?
Old 02-16-2018, 01:32 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Its all covered up now but you will see a black box in exactly the location in that picture right on top of the left rear shock, it's gotta be fixed in place. If it is you have another issue.

Originally Posted by BRNGT4
I have had this same fault for a long time now and its bothering me. I first thought it was the ride height sensors so i calibrated those but i still get the suspension fault (mostly if i do a hard left hand turn or go up a ramp). I am very curious about this small black sensor you mention. If you have a clear picture of the sensor it would be great!

Quick Reply: Suspension System Fault....anyone dealt w this ?