Sponsored by: APR

Rennsport Gruppe Trackday, Taupo, New Zealand - 23 April 2017

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 04:59 AM
Leong72
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rennsport Gruppe Trackday, Taupo, New Zealand - 23 April 2017

Awesome Trackday with 5 GT4's present. Macca's first Trackday in his Birch Green GT4, the Sapphire Blue Cars of Andrew and Mark and the GT Silver car of David.

It was my 27th Trackday in the GT4 which I've had since December 2015. It has done 31000km, had a thermostat replaced, blown a manifold, and is about to have the gearbox replaced. It's had 6 sets of fronts and 4 sets of rear tyres. Aggressive track use alignment, second set of front rotors which are now Brembo Type 3, RT RE10 pads, Spiegler lines and Racingbrake pistons when the ceramic pucks cracked.

The video starts with a few stills of the cars, then some trackside video courtesy of Mark after he lost third gear in the 5th session.

Then Session 2 where we have some traffic. I have worsening issues getting into second gear, three times in one lap, so I let Macca past. Unfortunately, next time thru A1 he comes off, fortunately with minimal damage.

Next clip is my excursion off track in the last session of the day. I think my tyres aren't quite up to temperature yet and I run off the track, just get into the kitty litter but make it back on the track to follow Macca. Andrew is late out and joins in front of us so it's a 3 car GT4 train for a few laps till he lets us thru. This is the second time I've come off here - last time was only just onto the grass and it was the fifth lap in the last session of the day. I guess there is little room for error there when braking to the outside edge of the track. (These are the only times the GT4 has been off track and today was the first damage to the car in 27 trackdays). Coincidentally minimal damage near identical to Macca.

Last clip is one lap of session 5 where I manage to improve my PB from 1.40.7 to 1.40.05.

Quick Reply: Rennsport Gruppe Trackday, Taupo, New Zealand - 23 April 2017