Sponsored by: APR

Got tired of using jack stand so got a Quickjack

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 09:40 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,457 Likes on 909 Posts
Default Got tired of using jack stand so got a Quickjack

Decided to get myself a birthday present so ordered a 5,000 lb QuickJack.
I have been using 2 jacks and jack stands so far and always was an issue raising the car in all 4 corners, so decided to make my life a bit easier.
The assembly takes 1 hr and using it is very simple. Lift up to 21" and pretty fast. If someone decides to buy one go for the 5000 lb unit as the 3500 lbs wont reach the factory jack points. If I only had this when I did the headers / exhaust!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:19 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

Nice!
I'm in the process of installing headers this week using JackPoint stands and Schwaben ramps.
There's enough clearance, but a QuickJack would make the job easier.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:26 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by d00d
Nice!
I'm in the process of installing headers this week using JackPoint stands and Schwaben ramps.
There's enough clearance, but the QuickJack would make the job easier.

I did my headers and exhaust with regular jack stands.....it's doable but the extra space of the Quickjack is a big plus. Also...it's so easy to get the car up that it will be extra incentive to do maintenance checks and full detailing more often. The ideal would have been a lift or something a bit more robust but I didn't have the height on my garage...and the space. This system can be stowed away anywhere....and you can also take it to the track.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:05 PM
robziv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are very cool. What is the model or name and where is the best place to get them?
Old 04-20-2017, 06:11 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by robziv
These are very cool. What is the model or name and where is the best place to get them?

The model is the BL-5000SLX...you can buy them direct at quickjack.com, Pelican Parts and other online retailers like Summit Racing...even Amazon. price is basically the same everywhere: $1340
For those outside the continental US you can go through their International department and they will lower the price to $1100 to compensate for the extra shipping and duties.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:35 PM
robziv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 174 Posts

Nicely done. Your garage floor looks great--is that wood-look ceramic tile?
Old 04-21-2017, 12:39 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradocs98
Nicely done. Your garage floor looks great--is that wood-look ceramic tile?

Thanks (will tell my wife, she did the picking)....in the photo looks like wood but it's a high quality, impact resistant and anti-slip Italian tile that simulate stone. Very light color with some tones of grey and darker colors. Below you have a photo. On the patio I do have the simulated wood from the same supplier and you wouldn't notice it's a tile until you step on it, really nice stuff and also anti-slip.
Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2017, 01:39 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 93 Posts

I did the same at Xmas time. It's a huge time saver. I recently did swaybars and not only was the clearance nice but raising and lowering to set the preload was so much more convenient!
Old 04-21-2017, 09:01 AM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 91 Posts

That's cool. Did not know it existed. I got a max jax lift for about $1900. It's nice, but I have not fixed hydraulic fluid leaks in fittings (that I put together) that are a pain to deal with. Looks like quickjack also uses hydraulic fluid, but they talk about leakless fittings (https://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-features.html) and what not. Seems more robust from that stand point.

jmartpr: Regarding the floor...what happens if oil spills on the grout? No matter how hard I try, it seems like there is a new way for me to get oil on the floor whenever I do anything. We had a second garage built (the one with the lift in it) and I researched floor coatings and thought about tile, but dismissed it because of the grout issue. I spent too much money on this exotic Nohr-s coating (http://www.legacyindustrial.net/prod...a-coating.html) and I would not recommend it. I've had a small patch peel up and the coating is actually a bit soft, not hard like epoxy. It looks fantastic until you use it!

You can see the lift anchors for the left post in about the center of the image.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:14 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

I used epoxy grout in the kitchen and front hallway, it's impervious to absorbing anything including oil.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aryork
That's cool. Did not know it existed. I got a max jax lift for about $1900. It's nice, but I have not fixed hydraulic fluid leaks in fittings (that I put together) that are a pain to deal with. Looks like quickjack also uses hydraulic fluid, but they talk about leakless fittings (https://www.quickjack.com/quickjack-features.html) and what not. Seems more robust from that stand point.

jmartpr: Regarding the floor...what happens if oil spills on the grout? No matter how hard I try, it seems like there is a new way for me to get oil on the floor whenever I do anything. We had a second garage built (the one with the lift in it) and I researched floor coatings and thought about tile, but dismissed it because of the grout issue. I spent too much money on this exotic Nohr-s coating (http://www.legacyindustrial.net/prod...a-coating.html) and I would not recommend it. I've had a small patch peel up and the coating is actually a bit soft, not hard like epoxy. It looks fantastic until you use it!

You can see the lift anchors for the left post in about the center of the image.

Quickjack uses quick disconnect fittings and so far no leaks or anything after doing a series of connection/disconnection to make sure they don't leak. Hopefully it will stay that way.

As for oil or other lubricant on the floor...the tiles will not absorb it. You may get a stain if you leave it for long periods of time but you can get it out with a pressure washer and some degreaser, which is the typical cleaning we do every 2 months on that floor (or if I do a mess after working on the cars!). Worst case we use a little acid but so far no need for that. As for the grout, man that's the weak point of tiled floors. We did a very small separation and use a new grout from Mapei which is based on Epoxy and Quartz....it's highly resistant to stains and mold....if it gets stained it's way easier to clean, so far a pressure washer takes care of that.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:26 AM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
...We did a very small separation and use a new grout from Mapei which is based on Epoxy and Quartz....it's highly resistant to stains and mold....if it gets stained it's way easier to clean, so far a pressure washer takes care of that.
Great - that's the ticket then. I'll check it out and put tile back on the list when I take this stuff up. Found it here. I like the words they use: "premium-grade, water-cleanable, 100%-solids, high-strength epoxy mortar and chemical-resistant nonsagging grout. Available in all MAPEI colors for grouting, excellent for high-traffic areas and areas needing stain and chemical resistance"
Old 04-21-2017, 09:33 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aryork
Great - that's the ticket then. I'll check it out and put tile back on the list when I take this stuff up. Found it here. I like the words they use: "premium-grade, water-cleanable, 100%-solids, high-strength epoxy mortar and chemical-resistant nonsagging grout. Available in all MAPEI colors for grouting, excellent for high-traffic areas and areas needing stain and chemical resistance"

I'm happy with the results so far...we also have it on the front of the entrance to the house/exterior and so far it's living up to the claims. Epoxy floors for the garage was a no-go with the wife so had to find a good solution that would make us both happy.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:53 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 108 Posts

Really interesting might have to pick these up as it's such a pain to do these cars a corner at a time. How is workable room under the car with these in place?

Quick Reply: Got tired of using jack stand so got a Quickjack