Sponsored by: APR

Got tired of using jack stand so got a Quickjack

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 04:57 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I just ordered mine from Costco online.

Usually I am cheap and would go to the store and pick it up to save $100...ok....$80 after gas but before I buy $300 in stuff I don't need. In this case, I didn't want to drive 1000 miles to the closest store that had them. Now I just need to wait for my UPS guy to show up and bitch about how heavy it is
Old 10-14-2018, 05:03 PM
Pyrat2
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Here is the list of locations for those interested:
Old 10-15-2018, 10:57 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyrat2
Wow! Lucky me. I just stumbled into it. I think there were 3 left after I bought mine the other day. I assembled mine yesterday.
Opened my Box 3 up (the outside was unmarked which power unit it contained) and it was the 220V power unit. Yuk! I could not get through to QJ customer support and sent an email. Let's see what they say.

V6
Old 10-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Pyrat2
Instructor

Originally Posted by Voyager6
Opened my Box 3 up (the outside was unmarked which power unit it contained) and it was the 220V power unit. Yuk! I could not get through to QJ customer support and sent an email. Let's see what they say.

V6
Curious. Where are you located?
Old 10-16-2018, 11:56 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pyrat2

Curious. Where are you located?
SW Ohio.

Quickjack customer support called me and refused to help since I did not buy it directy from them. They offered to sell me a 110V unit at $495. i am now looking for a 120 to 220V step up transformer.

v6
Old 10-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 138 Posts

SW Ohio.

Quickjack customer support called me and refused to help since I did not buy it directy from them. They offered to sell me a 110V unit at $495. i am now looking for a 120 to 220V step up transformer.

v6
Some electric motors can be converted from 240v to 120v. There is usually a wiring diagram on the motor itself showing how to do this.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Semitone
Pro

Quickjack customer support called me and refused to help since I did not buy it directy from them.
I don't understand this. You bought the wrong motor from Summit and Summit refused to exchange it? Summit sent the wrong motor i.e you ordered 110 but 220 arrived?

Why won't Summit help? I don't understand why Quickack won't help if Summit agrees you have an legit issue? Can you clarify? Thanks.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:24 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Semitone
I don't understand this. You bought the wrong motor from Summit and Summit refused to exchange it? Summit sent the wrong motor i.e you ordered 110 but 220 arrived?

Why won't Summit help? I don't understand why Quickack won't help if Summit agrees you have an legit issue? Can you clarify? Thanks.
First, I ordered the 110V unit and my sales receipt says so.

Summit is 200 miles away.I called Quickjack because they had a recent reputation of making things right. Their Customer service took the attitude that I was trying to scam a free power unit and they were curt and would only ship me a replacement if I purchased it (I was willing to send the 220V unit back at my cost and they refused).

What happens if a hose or fitting was missing? Do they refer you back to the place where it was sold? The internet has tons of stories where Quickjack made things right. I guess no more.

[Edit] Summit appears to be willing to make things right. They are shipping me a whole new unit (all three boxes) and paying freight to get the old unit back to them. I should have the new lift Friday or Monday and the old unit returned on Tuesday.

V6

Last edited by Voyager6; 10-17-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:51 PM
Semitone
Pro

Summit appears to be willing to make things right.

V6
I am happy to hear that you are getting the problem sorted out. Personally, it sounds like this was a mistake/problem for Summit to fix. I would have only gone to QuickJack if I was dissatisfied with Summit's response or Summit suggested I contact QuickJack directly. In any event, all's well that ends well. However, the fact that Summit is requiring you to send all three units back to replace just the motor sounds like a pain. It seems completely unnecessary and that alone would stop me from ever buying anything from Summit in the future.

My unit arrived and the motor was labeled clearly as 110V on the outside of the box.

Last edited by Semitone; 10-17-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:03 AM
hdavidson
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Is Costco the best place to order the Quickjack (5000lbs version)? They are selling them for $1099 including free shipping.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:46 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Semitone
I am happy to hear that you are getting the problem sorted out. Personally, it sounds like this was a mistake/problem for Summit to fix. I would have only gone to QuickJack if I was dissatisfied with Summit's response or Summit suggested I contact QuickJack directly. In any event, all's well that ends well. However, the fact that Summit is requiring you to send all three units back to replace just the motor sounds like a pain. It seems completely unnecessary and that alone would stop me from ever buying anything from Summit in the future.

My unit arrived and the motor was labeled clearly as 110V on the outside of the box.
The problem was caused by Quickjack as none of the check boxes that tells the voltage were marked. The box was sealed and shrink wrapped. If QJ had marked the box, I would have checked while I was at Summit or their stock people would have gotten it right in the first place. Summit listed the individual power units as not available until mid-Nov. So I contacted QJ first.

Summit is making me right as they had complete lift units in stock and are basically doing a replacement of the whole thing. I did try to convince them to just send Box 3 and they refused, even knowing the full kit is 250lbs vs 50lbs for Box3. As a result of the weight, it was shipped today freight and they have scheduled pick up of the old three boxes on Tuesday.

I asked the Summit CSR, before they ship, to have their stock people open box 3 and visually verify that the power unit was 110V or we would be wasting time and shipping costs. The CSR made note of the request, but who knows if it will get checked. Crossing fingers....

V6
Old 10-18-2018, 01:58 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 472 Likes on 223 Posts

I ordered mine from ECS, but the big one I wanted is on back order for a few weeks.

https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Quickjack_25731/
Old 10-18-2018, 02:00 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Originally Posted by hdavidson
Is Costco the best place to order the Quickjack (5000lbs version)? They are selling them for $1099 including free shipping.
It is the best I saw online. If you have a truck or SUV, the Knoxville, TN or Greenville, SC stores may have it in stock at $999. Call to verify stock before you drive. Or you can look at the $100 on-line price as the shipping fee.

V6
Old 10-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Voyager6
Instructor

Good news is that I got the replacement BL-7000SLX today. But it was long process to get it home. FedEx trackind showed a delivery today, but never out for delivery. At 2PM I called FedEx and they told me that since it was to be delivered to a residence they needed an appointment. I asked them how that was to be performed and they said they sent an email. Digging deeper they sent the email to Summit rather than to me. By that time, all delivery slots for Friday were assigned and I was told to wait until Monday or Tuesday. I asked if I could pick it up today in person and they said I could and gave me the address, which turns out is less than 5 minutes from where I live.

I arrived at the terminal and FedEx told me to wait and they would bring me the package at a nearby loading ramp. It took an hour. It was not on the trailer that their computer said it was supposed to be on. A FedEx CSR reviewed video and found where it was moved at 6AM onto a "Trap trailer", a trailer to hold packages that they were not going to deliver before Monday. The problem was there were several of these trailers and it took 30 minutes to find out which one and bring it back to the terminal and then load it onto my truck.

The power unit box was also not marked voltage (again) and was shrinkwrapped, so Summit did not verify that the unit was 110V before shipping. I opened the power unit box and it did contain the 110V unit. Whew!

Anyway, it is home and will get put together this weekend.

V6
Old 10-20-2018, 12:04 AM
Pyrat2
Instructor

Good news is that I got the replacement BL-7000SLX today. But it was long process to get it home. FedEx trackind showed a delivery today, but never out for delivery. At 2PM I called FedEx and they told me that since it was to be delivered to a residence they needed an appointment. I asked them how that was to be performed and they said they sent an email. Digging deeper they sent the email to Summit rather than to me. By that time, all delivery slots for Friday were assigned and I was told to wait until Monday or Tuesday. I asked if I could pick it up today in person and they said I could and gave me the address, which turns out is less than 5 minutes from where I live.

I arrived at the terminal and FedEx told me to wait and they would bring me the package at a nearby loading ramp. It took an hour. It was not on the trailer that their computer said it was supposed to be on. A FedEx CSR reviewed video and found where it was moved at 6AM onto a "Trap trailer", a trailer to hold packages that they were not going to deliver before Monday. The problem was there were several of these trailers and it took 30 minutes to find out which one and bring it back to the terminal and then load it onto my truck.

The power unit box was also not marked voltage (again) and was shrinkwrapped, so Summit did not verify that the unit was 110V before shipping. I opened the power unit box and it did contain the 110V unit. Whew!

Anyway, it is home and will get put together this weekend.

V6
Glad it all worked out. I put mine together last weekend but haven't used it yet. Will do so for the first time in 3 weeks. Installing my track pads on the M2.

Quick Reply: Got tired of using jack stand so got a Quickjack