Sponsored by: APR

2-way OEM seat info

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 04:56 PM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 91 Posts
Default 2-way OEM seat info

Had the seats out recently, so took a few photos in case anyone ever wants to know what they are getting into. They mount with 4 E12 screws. The plastic pieces in the front on the rails have a small tab in the center (inside) that you pry up to slide out. You need to snip one plastic wire tie under each seat. The passenger seat weighed about 48 lb. Both seats are a true PITA to move in and out. Cover center console and door sill with towels, and tell the kids to go away because language will get rated R.

Why are there holes?

Old 04-12-2017, 05:37 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Does it sound really cumbersome to you to swap the driver seat in and out for track / road?
Old 04-12-2017, 05:59 PM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 91 Posts

I suppose if you removed/installed several times you would figure out the best way to do it and it would get easier/faster. I put in a harness bar and want to get seats for harnesses, so I have thought about the same thing in the past. Now that I've done it, I would rather not add that to the list of to-dos before a track event. It is also high risk to scratch something going in/out. Track seats would be lighter, so that's a plus.

I did this myself, and might be easier with a second person if they could get inside and help guide it. Actually a 2nd person would probably help a lot now that I think about it.

bottom line: if you are keen on having the air bag on the street, have a helper, and don't mind the extra time I think it would be reasonable to do the switch. If you are more concerned with passenger safety/comfort you could just switch that one out - half the work sounds a lot better to me!
Old 04-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 989 Likes on 512 Posts

I've switched seats in and out of several cars. It does get a lot easier with practice. I could do the driver seat, 2 way, in and out in about 30 minutes for the swap. Towels on the door sill and tip the top towards the opposite door taking the seat out base first. Make sure to have the passenger seat raised all the way. Makes one of the connectors much easier to deal with.

Quick Reply: 2-way OEM seat info