Sponsored by: APR

Track pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 03:34 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 940 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by Errsomeone
Could you please share where are you referencing that RT are associated with Brembo?

I use the RE10s and am happy with them. However, my understanding is that Brembo sources from multiple different suppliers depending on use and this linkage was not confirmed or at least un acknowledged given the separate companies. Is there a relationship that has been confirmed?
I like that on RT's site, their pads come across as super-human on their radial benchmark chart. </scratching head>
Old 04-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Errsomeone
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I like that on RT's site, their pads come across as super-human on their radial benchmark chart. </scratching head>
I agree there are some descriptions that border on what I would have otherwise considered the magical category. However, returning to experienced use I have been happy with the performance characteristics of the RE10 vs. other options. I appreciate how Clark at Apex has been supportive in offering dialog to an engineer associated with RT as I have monitored my usage. While expensive, they so far deliver on many of the qualities I am seeking after a history of my preference for PFC and use of many other brands over the years.

With that being said, at some point I would like to try what seems to have become the de fecto benchmark in Ferodo DS1.11 as others I trust have all had positive comments.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:22 AM
RaceDevelopementCenter
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

We have some pretty amazing data from our Gt4 comparing all of the industry standard and used pads . I'm going to lump the data together in a very issuable form and I'll be happy to share . Some might be very surprised by the results .

All data was logged at Sebring , Vir and Cota.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:20 PM
bretster
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceDevelopementCenter
We have some pretty amazing data from our Gt4 comparing all of the industry standard and used pads . I'm going to lump the data together in a very issuable form and I'll be happy to share . Some might be very surprised by the results .

All data was logged at Sebring , Vir and Cota.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the data. Gotta order new pads soon.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

The RE10 is an excellent pad. It's similar to the Ferodo DS1.11. RE10 is a race endurance pad and will last longer than the Ferodo. Endless MA45B is another similar compound. It would compare most closely to PFC 12, but I've never run that pad.

Regarding Race Technologies. They are the US distributor for Brembo. They take raw parts, assemble the kits, etc that they sell with Brembo. These brake pads are NOT Brembo, they are a Race technologies pad. I have gotten "brembo" pads in kits that are actually Ferodo.

The endless ME20 and PFC 13 are sprint pads. They will wear a lot faster, have a lot more bite, and wear your rotors a lot faster.

I've tried a lot of pads, and after the PFC 08 settled on the RE10 I use on 2 of my cars for track use.

^^Would be interesting to see the data you have.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I love the Race Technologies (Brembo) RE10. Incredible performance and longevity (pads and rotors).
Originally Posted by Spyerx
The RE10 is an excellent pad. It's similar to the Ferodo DS1.11. RE10 is a race endurance pad and will last longer than the Ferodo. Endless MA45B is another similar compound. It would compare most closely to PFC 12, but I've never run that pad.

Regarding Race Technologies. They are the US distributor for Brembo. They take raw parts, assemble the kits, etc that they sell with Brembo. These brake pads are NOT Brembo, they are a Race technologies pad. I have gotten "brembo" pads in kits that are actually Ferodo.

I've tried a lot of pads, and after the PFC 08 settled on the RE10 I use on 2 of my cars for track use.

^^Would be interesting to see the data you have.
+1 but spendy, maybe I need to try a set of Ferodo DS1.11, been meaning to do so but haven't been able to kill the rears yet!

What do the Ferodo's go for?
Old 04-13-2017, 06:28 AM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huge fan of RE10. Got 14 days on the front rotors on my GT3 and rears lasted longer than the car!
Old 04-14-2017, 05:31 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are around $1200 for all corners? Most of premium track pads are 7-800? If it last longer and kinder to your rotors, I like to try it. So far I like Endless pads. Low dust and initial grabs is amazing. Pfc 08 back in the day was great but they eat up rotors. Technology improves and sondoes compound composition.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:02 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Errsomeone
Could you please share where are you referencing that RT are associated with Brembo?
Race Technologies is website for all things Brembo in the US:

http://www.racetechnologies.com/

Maybe I inferred too much that Brembo makes the pad. In any case, they are great pads...
Old 04-18-2017, 11:39 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

^^ agreed
Old 04-18-2017, 02:30 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+1 but spendy, maybe I need to try a set of Ferodo DS1.11, been meaning to do so but haven't been able to kill the rears yet!

What do the Ferodo's go for?
Yeah they aren't cheap but they last a LONG time and so do the rotors. I did the math on what PFC were costing me and the RT are less. And the brake feel is fantastic.

When I checked Ferodo were about the same $ and talked to a few folks that said pad wear rates are higher than the RE10.

Current set on my RS: 21 track days. All rotors + pads swapped at same time. The Pads are about backing plate thick now, so a few more days left. The rotors aren't even cracking. Rear rotors will probably wear the slots out first lol.

Last edited by Spyerx; 04-18-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:09 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Contact for RE10
Old 04-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

If you want RE10s here you go. http://www.apexperformance.net/RT-RE...CHE_c_224.html
Ferodo DS1.11vs RE10 Ortho Joe reported that on the same weekend he drove his 991GT3 with Ferodo DS1.11 and another GT3 with RE10s. He reported that the initial bite of the RE10 was lacking as compared to the DS1.11 but the modulation was the same between the 2 compounds.
It has been reported that the RE-10 is actually being made by Endless. Race technology makes nothing they are a marketing company for Brembo. Most Brembo pads are actually made by Ferodo.
If you want Ferodo DS1.11 here you go http://www.apexperformance.net/Ferod...CHE_c_156.html
I can honestly say that I have had no customers using DS1.11 switch back to what they have previously used but I have had 2 customers switch from RE10 and go to DS1.11. AT MSRP prices RE-10 is $200 more than Ferodo DS1.11 for a full set.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor

Quick Reply: Track pads