Sponsored by: APR

GT4s Available for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 12:00 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by asofine
Are the private flippers even making money? Presumably they pay sales tax on the car. So once they pay taxes, registration, plus the costs of keeping the car parked, insured, etc., are they really making money with a 10-15% markup over MSRP?

I guess some guys are happy to put 1-3k miles on a toy and more or less come out even. Still seems odd to me.
I wouldn't consider most of the sellers 'flippers' as most cars are now at least a year old.

Sellers are/will certainly see what the market will bear but but agree, anywhere around MSRP = cheap fun.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:21 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO
I wouldn't consider most of the sellers 'flippers' as most cars are now at least a year old.

Sellers are/will certainly see what the market will bear but but agree, anywhere around MSRP = cheap fun.
I think most people enjoyed the cars for a year and they're ready to move on. If all they're eating is tax, its cheap fun!
Old 04-11-2017, 10:41 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Just sold my GT4 had it for 20 months and put almost 16,000 miles on it. Loved every minute of it just had the desire to try something more exotic out. Will definitely be back for the RS
Old 04-11-2017, 11:18 AM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Just sold my GT4 had it for 20 months and put almost 16,000 miles on it. Loved every minute of it just had the desire to try something more exotic out. Will definitely be back for the RS
Nice to know people are driving them! Best of luck on your new search.

Spreadsheet updated.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:18 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Search is over just awaiting delivery. Really hoping I don't regret this.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:23 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Post some details!
Old 04-11-2017, 05:33 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

So what did you trade for? Ferrari?

I hope it is YELLOW! (saw your GT4 and S2000 pics)

I always wanted one as a kid also, so picked up a triple yellow 458 last April

you won't be disappointed, but definitley a different experience than Porsche
Old 04-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm going to buy a lottery ticket. After Lime Rock yesterday I'm dazed by them.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:20 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
So what did you trade for? Ferrari?

I hope it is YELLOW! (saw your GT4 and S2000 pics)

I always wanted one as a kid also, so picked up a triple yellow 458 last April

you won't be disappointed, but definitley a different experience than Porsche
I actually decided against yellow this time needed to change up the colors in the garage. Now I will have a yellow, green, and red. Just picked up a Rossa Corsa F430, should be getting delivered tomorrow. How are you liking your 458? I had one for the week i was in vegas last week and I really enjoyed it for that time. Would of went 458 but its still a hair out of reach for me and love the analog feel of the 430.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:05 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

I actually decided against yellow this time needed to change up the colors in the garage. Now I will have a yellow, green, and red. Just picked up a Rossa Corsa F430, should be getting delivered tomorrow. How are you liking your 458? I had one for the week i was in vegas last week and I really enjoyed it for that time. Would of went 458 but its still a hair out of reach for me and love the analog feel of the 430.
458 is spectacular... 9K rpm NA flat plane V8 worth the price of admission IMHO .... not as analog as 430, both are great...congrats!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Wonder if any brand new GT4 sitting at any Porsche dealership?
Old 04-12-2017, 12:25 AM
06C2s
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

looking over the spread sheet and it makes no sense, some cars over MSRP and selling, some under and selling with or without miles and the other way around as well. Been looking over at the GT3 allocation thread and a lot ob NO WAY I'm paying over MSRP etc etc etc. yet when you look at 2015-2016 GT3 they just like the GT4's on the list are almost all over MSRP or at MSRP and USED with miles.

I mean how are you supposed to get a handle on what the real pricing is? Does it matter if you get the car you want? is it just ego for all the MSRP crap?

Ill admit I pd over MSRP (8%) on a used GT4 in Dec of last yr. but I felt and feel fine with it. It was the color I wanted (not a common one, supposedly only 89 in NA), has full xpel and a CPO (which was very important to me) and they gave me a couple grand more on my trade in than they really should have.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:28 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 06C2s
looking over the spread sheet and it makes no sense, some cars over MSRP and selling, some under and selling with or without miles and the other way around as well. Been looking over at the GT3 allocation thread and a lot ob NO WAY I'm paying over MSRP etc etc etc. yet when you look at 2015-2016 GT3 they just like the GT4's on the list are almost all over MSRP or at MSRP and USED with miles.

I mean how are you supposed to get a handle on what the real pricing is? Does it matter if you get the car you want? is it just ego for all the MSRP crap?

Ill admit I pd over MSRP (8%) on a used GT4 in Dec of last yr. but I felt and feel fine with it. It was the color I wanted (not a common one, supposedly only 89 in NA), has full xpel and a CPO (which was very important to me) and they gave me a couple grand more on my trade in than they really should have.

I've been passively looking for a little while now, clean cars with low miles, good condition are selling at ur under MSRP. There are a lot of dealers asking a lot over MSRP and maybe some are selling at those prices because consumers are lazy. Many people that spend time on Rennlist are conscious consumers and don't want to overpay. I'm not paying over MSRP for a car that meets my criteria. So far a few have come up and either they're on the east coast or I'm out of the country for work and can't make a move on it. If I hold out until Fall, I'm confident it will be even more of a buyers market.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:39 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
I've been passively looking for a little while now, clean cars with low miles, good condition are selling at ur under MSRP. There are a lot of dealers asking a lot over MSRP and maybe some are selling at those prices because consumers are lazy. Many people that spend time on Rennlist are conscious consumers and don't want to overpay. I'm not paying over MSRP for a car that meets my criteria. So far a few have come up and either they're on the east coast or I'm out of the country for work and can't make a move on it. If I hold out until Fall, I'm confident it will be even more of a buyers market.
And how do you know this? The spreadsheet in this thread doesn't seem to support that perspective.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:05 AM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO
And how do you know this? The spreadsheet in this thread doesn't seem to support that perspective.
The spreadsheet is somewhat inconclusive, as it only lists asking prices and not sale prices. Interestingly, the sold cars were asking an average of 109% of MSRP whereas cars still for sale have an average ask of 114% of MSRP.

Quick Reply: GT4s Available for Sale