Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Mysterious damage to my OEM GT4 wheel .. any thoughts ?! [New Video uploaded]

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 07:04 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

How much is the RSR, and is there any race commitment required like there initially was for the GT4 Clubsport?
Old 08-12-2017, 04:34 PM
ASM_GT4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohniner
Got into this late but here are some thoughts;
1. Are you sure your request actually went to Germany, did you get a copy of Germany's response or just the dealer's paraphrase.
2. Porsche customer service has always been good but you need to re-file your claim directly to Porsche.
3. The GT4 is a trackable street car not a race car. With your admitted almost all track use, there is some responsibility to assure, tires/wheels/ brakes/etc. are up to the stresses.
4. Had you purchased an RSR from the factory (I have) there is absolutely no warranty. Your on your own.
5. Many track day enthusiasts buy track specific wheels and tires while saving OEM's for the street.

Now, having said all that I again suggest you put forth your issue yourself directly to Porsche. Your owners manual provides such contact information. Do not put your chances of a positive resolution in an intermediary. Good Luck

Dear, I do appreciate your kind response. very helpful and exactly what I need for my next move. but first, I'd like to remind you, as you can see that the stress is weird and related to one wheel only, the remaining 3 are perfect. obviously a manufacturing defect IMO.

Regarding the communication. Yes, I have requested sending the wheel at my cost. but my dealer rejected this (Porsche Center Kuwait). and Finally, I've received a phone call from the dealer. saying that the damage happen because of the hard side wall of the tyres. I told them that the 3 wheels are perfect. this is no sense at all. and Pirelli Trofeo R is just a normal semi slick tyre. total bull****.

Now, May I ask your help guys for a direct contact with Porsche AG in germany ?. I tried my best but I could not find any email. please DM me if you have any way to reach porsche Germany.
​​​​​​
Old 03-11-2021, 07:38 PM
718SpyderSpain
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ASM_GT4
Appreciate your ineresting input, but let me clarify some points and try underatand the given facts. The angle of the photo may be misleading .. below are some helpful points:
• The spokes are fine and perfect.
• the bumps are not inlined with the spokes.
​​• the bumps are symmetrical and equally spaced.
• I am using Pirelli Trofeo R .. which is far less sticky from full slicks which are not able to cause that deformation.
same problem with same tyres in my 718
Old 03-12-2021, 03:42 AM
trkshoe
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

wtf!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
718SpyderSpain (03-12-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 06:48 PM
Stephen Tinker
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm wondering what the resolution was with the original poster - this died completely back in 2017...?
The following users liked this post:
2020GT4 (07-04-2023)

Quick Reply: Mysterious damage to my OEM GT4 wheel .. any thoughts ?! [New Video uploaded]