Sponsored by: APR

Am I nuts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 11:15 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by okie981
I went and looked up the specs on your Vespa, says that thing will do 80 mph!

My sickness rolled over into scooters. Mine is "tuned" with a free flow exhaust. A whopping 27HP out of a one-lug...but I have had it up to 85MPH!
Old 02-19-2017, 01:07 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

I'm a complete outsider to you guys, but I'm an older enthusiast who keeps doing some of the same old stuff on tracks but I mix it up with other experiences. The attached link is what I did last year and hopefully this year will be just as varied..... but please let it be less expensive!

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...t-year-147921/
Old 02-19-2017, 09:32 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

I would like to track more than I have time to.

Every time I come home after a weekend on track I have to pinch myself and ask. How can this be legal? To have that much fun? Drive a high performance Porsche on track at full blow.

Tracking cars on race tracks is not going to be allowed forever. Better take advantage of it while we can.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:13 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkG123
You are not nuts. You attend a track day, buy track insurance, hotel, track fee, tires, etc, and your at $2000+ per event. You go out on the track with many drivers of different skill levels, see plenty of stupid moves and wonder to yourself why am I doing this. Nothing over the years has changed, the costs, the various driver skills are the same but you become less tolerant and realize the cost and time is no longer worth it to wad up a $100K+ Porsche.
This is definitely part of it. With years worth of track experience the fun factor may have worn off. If you have friends at the track that you run with the fun factor usually remains.

I have asked myself the same thing. End result I have started exploring other brands just to mix up the experience. That can also be a lot of fun.

Keeping a track day car in the garage is a good way to go because you can always get back to it if and when. After a year or so if the car still sits then you have your answer.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:30 AM
trebien
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
I am scheduled for all 3 and I skipped the last one. I am hoping that its fun because after 3.5 months off I don't seem to be missing it.
Can't beat CotA for convenience to Austin, but it isn't the most exciting track to run regularly... this is likely part of the problem. It's a hassle to get to TWS, but it's a lot more fun and I never feel bored at that track.

Quick Reply: Am I nuts?