Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

PCCB rotors for sale

Old 01-17-2017, 09:03 PM
pwtpolo
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCCB rotors for sale

Set of 4 PCCB rotors for sale. Carbotec measured at dealer and have the print out if needed. Lowest measurements are: Left Front 84%, Left rear 84%, Right front 84%, and Right rear 81%. Lots of life left in these rotors but switching to a steel set up and don't need the carbons. Someone will be getting a real deal as these rotors are roughly $8000 per rotor fro Porsche.

Please contact me if your interested, asking $8000 for the set
Old 01-17-2017, 09:56 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Consider keeping them for when it comes time to sell the car. The market for pccb rotors is very small if not non existent
Attached Images  

Last edited by orthojoe; 01-18-2017 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:32 PM
pwtpolo
AutoX

That's wat I was originally thinking but I'd rather get something out of them and put back into the car. I'm taking them off as I plan on doing a serious track build with vet little street use(to and from tracks mostly) after the car is don't anyone looking to buy it will be buying a track car...it has a "cage" and harness already that I soundly really plan on taking out if I were to even sell the car.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:36 PM
IPSA
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by pwtpolo
That's wat I was originally thinking but I'd rather get something out of them and put back into the car. I'm taking them off as I plan on doing a serious track build with vet little street use(to and from tracks mostly) after the car is don't anyone looking to buy it will be buying a track car...it has a "cage" and harness already that I soundly really plan on taking out if I were to even sell the car.
PM me if you want some thoughts on steel options, I have done the dance...
Old 01-18-2017, 01:32 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

I took the PCCBs off my car. I tried to sell them but didn't have much luck. For replacements I went with Giro Discs from Clark at Apex. No problems.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:33 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

More of an academic question, if PCCB rotors are advertised to last the life of the vehicle, how did you get them to 84% in what I assume is a one or two year old car (since you're posting in GT4 forum). Is the claim of them lasting the life of the vehicle not true or have you been just exceptionally rough on them? I don't know how that stuff works.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:51 PM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
More of an academic question, if PCCB rotors are advertised to last the life of the vehicle, how did you get them to 84% in what I assume is a one or two year old car (since you're posting in GT4 forum). Is the claim of them lasting the life of the vehicle not true or have you been just exceptionally rough on them? I don't know how that stuff works.
I could be wrong going by memory but I read that PCCB wear quite a lot when tracked?
Old 01-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
I could be wrong going by memory but I read that PCCB wear quite a lot when tracked?
That's why I removed mine. Couldn't see destroying them. Much cheaper putting GiroDisc replacements on the car.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:58 PM
pwtpolo
AutoX

Originally Posted by VLJ
I've tracked them two days. Got the car with 7500 miles on it and with reading and speaking more and more to friends, shop owners, and people here on the forum I've decided the best thing to do it to switch to steel brakes. Debating on a full brake kit or just going Girodisc rotors with a nice pad set up...
Old 01-20-2017, 12:00 AM
pwtpolo
AutoX

Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
They wear more with heat but also perform best when hot(to a degree). I've tracked the car twice but am the second owner and I can guarantee they were original pads...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCCB rotors for sale