Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Driving comfort

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 03:43 AM
smack
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also dd my gt4 with lwb's and it's completely comfortable in both seating and suspension. the day i bought it i drove it up from san diego to sf ~500 miles. the seats were great even just stopping for gas only. even the wife approves and likes it better than the ttrs.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:13 AM
gregp714
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IMOA
The one thing that I did crack and replace in the first year was the rear brake ducts.
Zip tie the rear halves together...read that trick here on the forum I believe.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:39 AM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Try the LWBs before you buy the car. Both I and my wife find the LWBs to be incredibly UNcomfortable. I don't want to re-open the LWB-vs-Sofa arguments, but if you search, you'll find plenty of complaints about the LWBs, including guys who sold/traded their seats because they couldn't stand them any longer.

The LWBs are definitely a love/hate thing -- people either love them or hate them. So, try before you buy, or you may end up regretting.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Comfort aside, to me the bigger concern about the lightweight buckets with the GT4 was Ingress and egress. I have kind of a narrow garage, and that would always be an issue, not to mention parking spaces. At any rate, I enjoyed having the GT4 for a year. I semi- dailied it, with about 7,000 mi in 14 or 15 months. The car has amazing driving Dynamics, and is very comfortable overall. Like everyone says, you just have to accept the fact that the Disposable portion of the front lift will get scraped.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:56 PM
bretster
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Bill
Originally Posted by BillC3
Try the LWBs before you buy the car. Both I and my wife find the LWBs to be incredibly UNcomfortable. I don't want to re-open the LWB-vs-Sofa arguments, but if you search, you'll find plenty of complaints about the LWBs, including guys who sold/traded their seats because they couldn't stand them any longer.try before you buy, or you may end up regretting.
BillC3, have you tried peeling back the alcantara inserts on the seats and putting something in the lumbar region, then put the insert back in (it's velcroed)? A 12" x 12" piece of memory foam folded in half made all the difference for me as far as the LWBs go.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:07 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do frequent 320 mile round trips, mostly highway, in the GT4. I have the 18 ways. Its plenty comfortable for these trips.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:13 AM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bretster
BillC3, have you tried peeling back the alcantara inserts on the seats and putting something in the lumbar region, then put the insert back in (it's velcroed)? A 12" x 12" piece of memory foam folded in half made all the difference for me as far as the LWBs go.
Thanks for the suggestion, but it's more than just the lack of lumbar support. For me, the headrest pushes my head too far forward. With a helmet on, it becomes a real pain in the neck after ten minutes. It would be even worse wearing a HANS and harnesses. Plus, the seats are too wide in the hips, and I kept sliding around on track (a friend gave me a ride for a few laps in his GT3, which has the same seats).

I ordered my car during one of the LWB lockouts. So, I had no choice about not ordering the uncomfortable seats, since I didn't feel like waiting however long it would take for them to unlock and risk losing my allocation. I have the 2-way sofas and find them quite comfortable, and they actually do a very good job of holding me in place on the track.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:19 AM
ducsfly
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for all the info guys!

Quick Reply: Driving comfort