Sponsored by: APR

My rev matching is dying

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu

The rest : the jokes and the OT came because there's nothing else to discuss until someone comes and says they know of this problem or you bring an update from your dealer. Don't take it too seriously...

EXACTLY
Old 01-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
I'm not going to call anyone names but the behavior certainly is disappointing, kind of makes me remember why automotive forums are always my least favorite.
Don't let the peanut gallery get to you......it's what car forums are all about when the topic isn't catastrophic engine failure. Keep us posted on what you find out.......Phil
Old 01-04-2017, 01:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
Telling someone they take themselves too seriously doesn't make it ok to be rude...
have dealer chk ECU and PASM connectoins.
believe it or not PASM is somehow tied into the auto blip.
and also make sure the ECU still think your car is a GT4. this isn't a joke. soemtime it jumps and may think you have GTS and it can lead to these issues. i had simlar but not identical problems.
it's not an easy tone to fix.
and if yours if not duplicatable, then dealer cannot do anything.

at leaset you are fairly thickskinned. if you hang aroudn long enough , you will relize we have more data than p9.
yes i was on p9
way brefore any of you guy bought cayman ;-)

if i did'nt break it, you will not be able to break it.
if you have a prob on your car, i have had it for sure before you.

i dont have striut tower failure yet. but i got everything anyone has ever talked about on their GT4.
some times i just dont chime in.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
It's never too late to learn. You'll love it once you get the hang of it! Try and do it at higher RPMs first,it's a lot easier. That's what heel and toe is meant for anyway. At lower RPMs is a bit trickier as you have to be a lot more accurate with your input and you might overshoot it at first.
Get proper shoes and an extender and it will be a piece of cake.
Unfortunately, it's too late for me. I had to sell my Spyder because I can't work a clutch anymore. Severely dislocated my left hip, tore my labrum and broke my femur two years ago when a teen ran a light and broadsided me on my RT1200. Every time I came home from a drive in my Spyder it was all I could do to get out of the car given the pain in my left leg. Hip is deteriorating.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:44 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Unfortunately, it's too late for me. I had to sell my Spyder because I can't work a clutch anymore. Severely dislocated my left hip, tore my labrum and broke my femur two years ago when a teen ran a light and broadsided me on my RT1200. Every time I came home from a drive in my Spyder it was all I could do to get out of the car given the pain in my left leg. Hip is deteriorating.
Sorry to hear that. Well,pdk makes sense then. You can still enjoy a Porsche for many years to come.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:54 PM
BRNGT4
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
Has anyone ever experienced a sporadic failure of the rev matching? It started as just a couple missed shifts one day then it was several another day, today it would fail to rev match on about 25% of down shifts. I emailed my service person at the dealer to make an appointment.

I always thought when electronics broke they were 100% broken.
Happened to me twice on track this weekend. Noticed that it was not blipping if i was really hard on the brakes and the abs was on.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

That wouldn't be too hard to try and duplicate. If it wasn't 13 degrees F outside with salt on the roads I'd go out and try getting into ABS and down shifting. May have to wait a few days.

Last edited by Alan C.; 01-07-2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:14 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
I'm not going to call anyone names but the behavior certainly is disappointing, kind of makes me remember why automotive forums are always my least favorite.
Looks like Rennlist isn't much different than when I was active on ClubRSX like 15 years ago lol.

Anyway, let us know the issue. I'm curious.

I look at Porsches as almost bulletproof which is why I'm hesitant about wanting to move into a 12C.

O.T.:
Heel-Toe is so easy in the GT4! I never use the auto feature. 95% of my shoes are driving shoes but it's even easy when I'm not wearing my driving shoes.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-2017, 07:00 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey mrnurse I'm just hoping they're able to duplicate it. Today I drove the car for about an hour before it began to fail to down shift. Once it failed once it failed often, though.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:43 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Have you confirmed that the car is in Sport mode yet? it only rev matches in Sport.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:50 AM
bhk1004
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mech33
Have you confirmed that the car is in Sport mode yet? it only rev matches in Sport.
i think every post about a failure has been that it failed after driving awhile. Along with one saying it took an hour before it failed. You are thinking they were driving, turned off sport mode, pretended that they had no idea this happened, proceeded to miss the Rev match, and then post a failure thread online? Just trying to clarify. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:05 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by bhk1004
i think every post about a failure has been that it failed after driving awhile. Along with one saying it took an hour before it failed. You are thinking they were driving, turned off sport mode, pretended that they had no idea this happened, proceeded to miss the Rev match, and then post a failure thread online? Just trying to clarify. Thanks.
Here is what the OP said, and I quote:

Originally Posted by VLJ
To be honest I have never noticed a sport indication but I'm oblivious to say the least. I'll pay attention to the cluster next time I drive it.
So I think asking for a confirmation that the car is in fact in Sport mode is reasonable. To me, based on reading the thread, one likely cause is that the car isn't actually in Sport mode when the "failures" are occurring.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:35 AM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not stupid.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Interested in what Dealer finds- Keep us updated
Old 01-08-2017, 11:36 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Here is what the OP said, and I quote:So I think asking for a confirmation that the car is in fact in Sport mode is reasonable. To me, based on reading the thread, one likely cause is that the car isn't actually in Sport mode when the "failures" are occurring.
In mech's defense, it has happened to me.
I have inadvertently switched off the sport button on track. All of the sudden the back end was loose in the braking and corner entry points, and I couldn't figure out why until later. Highlights how important it is to keep the car stable and smooth.

Quick Reply: My rev matching is dying