Sponsored by: APR

GT4 Cargo Room is Pretty Impressive

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:43 PM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face GT4 Cargo Room is Pretty Impressive

Hi everyone...I'm actually a huge huge Porsche nut and while I have yet to own one (on a Lexus budget lol) , I am lucky enough to experience quite a few of them during the year. My hopes are to contribute what I can to this great community beyond just posting our amazing Forged Wheels.

IMO they are the best overall designed cars in regards to space and cargo room. I'm 6"5, about 250 so comfort in cars isn't always the best for me but I fit in cars like the GT4 quite well and the 911 even better.

What impresses me a ton as well as their daily livability and in this case cargo capacity. I've had extensive time in GT4's on the west and east coast and its amazing how much stuff this tiny car holds, especially in comparison to many other cars of equal size.

Excuse the really crude clip below but I took it awhile back to show how much groceries holds inside the front. As you can see it holds quite a bit. This is the current Vossen GT4.

I hope to find my photos showing the front full with luggage from that west coast trip. It held a carryone, duffel bag and other items with no issue.

This is likely not the usual thread about the GT4 lol.

-mike-
Old 12-21-2016, 11:41 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

On last years Smokies trip I drove down in the 15 GT3 stuffed for a 6 day road/track trip. I ended up trading the car, hadn't intended doing this, for my GT4 at Perimeter Porsche. I had unpacked the GT3 at the hotel earlier in the day. The next morning I looked at all of the stuff in my room and wondered if I could get it all in the GT4. To my surprise it all went in the car. The frunks are about the same. I find the hatch easier to load stuff into than trying to get behind the seat of a GT3.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:42 AM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had four large bags (took way too much "stuff') when we did euro delivery and the car swallowed it all up. One particular hotel porter couldn't believe it all came out of the car...
Old 12-22-2016, 11:00 AM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 414 Posts

The combined front/rear trunk cargo space is one of the reasons I love the 981 platform. I did a 5,800 mile trip for 2 in my Boxster S this past summer. Drove from DFW to the Porsche Parade in Jay Peak, Vermont. Took the long way up and back. Had no problem getting all the gear stowed, including my 5 gallon Grit Guard wash bucket full of my car care gear and the thermos bottle sized MetroVac vacuum sweeper. Needed all this gear to get the car prepped for the Concours competition at the Parade.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:07 AM
pefman
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Picked up the car in June and drove around Europe for 3 1/2 weeks with my wife. Here is the major luggage we carried. There was also other stuff behind the seats -- plus always a few bottles of wine! Great car, lots of storage!
Old 12-29-2016, 09:43 PM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks everyone. Seems its just another amazing aspect of the GT4

That last pic is awesome.

Quick Reply: GT4 Cargo Room is Pretty Impressive