GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

LWBS Protective Bolster Covers

Old 11-26-2018, 08:27 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 982 Likes on 509 Posts

Same here. If I trade my GT4 the protectors are coming out. Mine are black with red stitching and people can't tell they are on the seats.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:15 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Ed,
the switch covers are harder to get back on my new LG RS covers than the ones on my old 991.1 GT3 or my GT4

I know now in a previous post you said the early ones were made to tight...
is is there some trick to get them back on?
Old 01-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Ed,
the switch covers are harder to get back on my new LG RS covers than the ones on my old 991.1 GT3 or my GT4

I know now in a previous post you said the early ones were made to tight...
is is there some trick to get them back on?
Hey Kevin
You don’t have to take the bezel off at all now ... you just slide them around the bezel cover as I mentioned in the email with the install instructions I sent you) If you are have issues putting the cover back on, that means the switch needs to be pushed out just a little as described in the first picture of the instructions... That will allow you clearance from the leather cover., to snap the bezel on ... make sure you remove the leather overlap near the switch and you should be good to go ...
Be careful putting that switch bezel on, and make sure you don’t push to hard and it’s seated correctly so it clicks in properly.... Then, when the switch bezel is on, softly push it back in until it seats with the cover.
If you need further help, please just call me or email me
kind regards
Ed
Old 01-21-2019, 08:11 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Bolsters arrived and installed today. No problems, and look great. I’m very pleased.
Well done!
Thank you Ed!
Old 01-31-2019, 02:11 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fjpdds
Bolsters arrived and installed today. No problems, and look great. I’m very pleased.
Well done!
Thank you Ed!
Thank you Frank
The pleasure was all mine
Kind regards
Ed
Old 02-04-2019, 10:41 AM
morjo02
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Same here. If I trade my GT4 the protectors are coming out. Mine are black with red stitching and people can't tell they are on the seats.
I'm may be intereted, PM when you are ready.....
Old 02-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Received my bolsters a while back but just received my car today. The craftsmanship is fantastic! Kudos to Eddie!

Quick question to those of you who have installed your bolster protectors... Any tricks to seat the up/down switch once the bolster protector is installed? The top edge of the switch on my passenger side seat keeps wanting to pop loose no matter how hard I push it in there. I'm pretty sure I didn't break any clips because it clicks into place without problems without the added thickness of the bolster cover.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:45 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 53 Posts

I assume you pushed the entire switch out a bit before popping off the bezel. Put the cover around the switch, push it down a good 1/4," hold the back of the switch, pop the bezel back on fully, then push the whole assembly back into the seat.

So far so good with mine. On a side note, I tore the crap out of my hands on the Velcro (did the job by myself). Suggestion: have a helper, or wear gloves.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:07 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jason M
I assume you pushed the entire switch out a bit before popping off the bezel. Put the cover around the switch, push it down a good 1/4," hold the back of the switch, pop the bezel back on fully, then push the whole assembly back into the seat.

So far so good with mine. On a side note, I tore the crap out of my hands on the Velcro (did the job by myself). Suggestion: have a helper, or wear gloves.
Hi Jason
Actually there is no need to remove the bezel!
If you look at the email" note", I sent you with the tracking # info, it's all l explained there...
Yes the Velcro will stick to anything and scratch you .... If you are doing lots of cars its good to put on a pair of surgical gloves and get a helper just to hold up the seat cushion edge... etc
Also, that is why I said in that same note to get a helper ...
It makes it go so much easier ( 10 mins max )
Best regards
Ed
Old 02-13-2019, 11:18 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Hi Jason
Actually there is no need to remove the bezel!
If you look at the email" note", I sent you with the tracking # info, it's all l explained there...
Yes the Velcro will stick to anything and scratch you .... If you are doing lots of cars its good to put on a pair of surgical gloves and get a helper just to hold up the seat cushion edge... etc
Also, that is why I said in that same note to get a helper ...
It makes it go so much easier ( 10 mins max )
Best regards
Ed
You are completely right, but I've broken so many flimsy plastic Porsche parts I didn't want to try stretching it over. And the covers are expensive (worth every penny for the quality), so I didn't want to stress them.

I'm just hard headed, and live by myself. So I was on my own. Your instructions were spot on. The first one I fought with for 15 minutes and the second one took all of 3 minutes. And I am super **** about the details...

Anyone on the fence...just do it. These are really nice.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:01 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jason M
You are completely right, but I've broken so many flimsy plastic Porsche parts I didn't want to try stretching it over. And the covers are expensive (worth every penny for the quality), so I didn't want to stress them.

I'm just hard headed, and live by myself. So I was on my own. Your instructions were spot on. The first one I fought with for 15 minutes and the second one took all of 3 minutes. And I am super **** about the details...

Anyone on the fence...just do it. These are really nice.
LOL hard headed!!!
Thanks James
Shame you don't live near by ,,,
We could have knocked that out in no time
Best regards
Ed
Old 07-17-2019, 03:14 PM
Sancho22
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i just got a car and reading these posts tells me i really need a set...
Old 07-17-2019, 03:18 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Makes sense if you have buckets. Id like a set too just with the CAD these days.....

Last edited by BioBanker; 07-17-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:15 PM
tdjohn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by tdjohn; 07-17-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:27 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tdjohn
I have an unused set with red stitching available. Sold the car before getting round to installing.
Guys ....
is it hard to figure out that maybe you should be asking and selling on a different thread ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LWBS Protective Bolster Covers