Old 02-09-2018, 03:01 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
went with the optional "Leather/Alcantara Package in Black/Grey"
so I suspect the thread is grey

thanks!
Sorry I should have read this more carefully ....
You have Schwartz /Grau ?
I am interested, as I have both threads, but the Porsche configurator, shows the only offering is Black vs Black Gray ??
(of course among the other 11 colors )
Best regards
Ed
Ed
Old 02-09-2018, 11:26 AM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Is there a group buy currently available? Interested for my 981Spyder with classic red interior.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:33 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Summation of reviews: Only the first three pages of this thread

If you want to keep your bottom bolsters looking good these are a must. Most people don't even notice them in my car.
Super easy to install.
Alan C.

+1
I'm not even a little handy and the covers went in super easy and look great. The best compliment I can give is that with the stitched center section these look better than stock and I immediately stopped thinking about the bolsters every time I get in the car.
ajw45
i am picky and very skeptical
i have both Ed's version and Exclusive Option's version
Ed's is FAR FAR FAR better. the other one looks like diaper or loose foreskin next to Ed's version.
if you have bucket seats, you NEED THIS THING. thank me later.

oh, if you want the not so good version, my Exclusive Option one is for sale.
for my money, i buy Ed's.
mooty

IG: bearangel88
I have Eddie's and it's ****!
neanicu
Folks that know me know I'm one fastidious SOB, and I picked up a set of Ed's "Ed Guard" (LOL!) bolster protectors for my GT4, and I couldn't be happier with the quality. Ed even came over and helped install them! And they've been perfect since.

I really didn't like the "other option's" one-piece design. Ed's 2-piece design really blends into the stock seats like they're not even there. Looks completely OEM. Love it. Thanks Ed!
Mech33

+1 for Ed's covers. Fantastic.
GT4SHO
Got them too. Can't even tell covers are on. Ed worked out an easy installation scheme too with webpage instructions.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:11 PM #11
loungin
Another very happy customer. Ed is OCD beyond belief and it shows in his product too.
sunnyr

I have them on my car.... N.1!!!!!
cox1974
Originally Posted by loungin
Got them too. Can't even tell covers are on. Ed worked out an easy installation scheme too with webpage instructions.

+1
kfmcmahon
Workmanship is great! Materials are spot on! Ed is OCD on anything he works on. Must have for LWB. Thanks again Ed!
socal28

i got a set from Ed... great stuff and great customer service.. he emails me at midnight =)
DC640
Another satisfied OCD owner checking in. Luv luv luv these covers. I point them out to people and EVERYONE's response is that they didn't notice them which is the highest compliment!
My expectations were exceeded and I look forward to new product announcements- one in particular !!
Ed is the BEST!!!
needmoregarage

Old 02-15-2018, 12:07 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

>10k miles on my covers and they still look great!
Old 02-15-2018, 02:05 AM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am late to the party here but I have had these guards on my bolsters for awhile and love them. Showed them to a friend with a GT3 and he bought a set as well.

Top notch product and well worth the money!
Old 02-17-2018, 05:57 PM
George in NH
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another happy customer!! They fit perfectly, install easily, and take away all of the fear of damaging or wearing out the bolsters. Ed was great as well...he gave me his cell number and reminded me several times to call him if I had any issues.

If you are the least bit apprehensive about premature wear on the bolsters, these covers are definitely money well spent!

Thanks Ed!!

-George
Old 02-17-2018, 06:29 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

And they don't wrinkle on the side like the other offerings.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:54 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ajw45
>10k miles on my covers and they still look great!
Awesome

Originally Posted by gmaki
I am late to the party here but I have had these guards on my bolsters for awhile and love them. Showed them to a friend with a GT3 and he bought a set as well.

Top notch product and well worth the money!
You are never late Garret !
Thanks for the referral !! Awesome Guy... Pun intended
I sent you an email

Best regards guys
Ed
Old 03-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

For those who may be interested, I went ahead and ordered extra sets of Bolster covers in Guards Red and Platinum Gray
Turn around time would be a day or two at the most ... (While they last )
Best regards
Ed
Old 03-20-2018, 08:39 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Default You really want these !! :-) More Reviews Page 4- 10

Seriously folks, reviews don't lie.... Protect those LWBS bolsters .... Peace of mind will follow

Another satisfied OCD owner checking in. Luv luv luv these covers. I point them out to people and EVERYONE's response is that they didn't notice them which is the highest compliment!
My expectations were exceeded and I look forward to new product announcements- one in particular !!
Ed is the BEST!!!
needmoregarage
Just placed my order. Ed is a gentleman and a scholar, he's gone way above and beyond to design them and facilitate ordering. Can't wait to get them installed.
ccibo72
That's why I now need protection for the protectors,they're too nice and I don't want to ruin them. LOL!
neanicu

Installed my bolster covers today, instructions and service was great, took about 10 mins per side. I'm very happy!
ajag
Mine are installed! Fitment is A+, can't tell they are there. Took maybe 10 minutes per side, and most of that time was being careful not to break the height switch bezel. Didn't even remove on the passenger side, just pushed the switch out a little and slipped the cover over. Boom!
Thanks Ed!
ccibo72

Took me about 15 min so I guess I'm slow lol
Excellent fit! Thx Ed for doing this !
doborder
i installed this in back in aug. ed and i exchanged numerous emails helping me. He didnt get frustrated or yelled at me. He is a great guy =) Ok.. that sounded like a 5th grader talking to a teacher.
DC640

Got a chance to install my LWBS bolster covers this past weekend. Pretty simple to do and looks great. I've shown some of my car buddies and they didn't even realize there was a cover installed. Very satisfied with everything. Can't wait until Ed releases his leather steering column cover. I'm patiently waiting Ed!
981.GT4
I've also noticed it's less painful getting my big butt in and out with the added cushioning of the covers, lol.
ajag
Forgot to thank Ed and wanted to say it was a pretty simple install with his instructions. Anyone with lwb's should get these.
Thanks Ed
matt_337

Installed mine as well, the fit and finish is excellent. I highly recommend these covers! Thanks Ed!
eddielo8
Hi Ed - we are LOVING the bolster covers on the Agate GT4, and look forward to installing them on the RS once it arrives Jan/Feb.

For anyone "on the fence" - just get 'em. You won't even know they're there. OEM look but saves the wear. After seeing photos of seats with only a few thousand miles (that looked like tens of thousands of miles) - I got them right away and am very happy with my decision!
needmoregarage

absolutely i love mine
mooty

None of my friends have noticed them until I pointed to them. Great product especially if you plan to keep your car long term.
Alan C.
So I took it and went a step further and added my race logo to these headrest covers
Ed has been awesome to deal with kept me informed every step of the way.
Buy with confidence.
Can't wait to install them.
stujelly

I finally got around to ordering a set of Ed’s protective bolster covers for my LWB seats and installed them today. I have a little over 1K miles on the odometer and my seats are still in very good shape, but this gives me the peace of mind not to worry about them anymore.
As others have said, the quality is first-rate and a perfect match to the OEM leather and stitching. Installation was straightforward and you can tell a good amount of planning and engineering went into making them look like they came with the car. Ed was great and went out of his way to document the installation process and make himself available if I had any questions. I’d put these and clear side markers as must have accessories for a GT4
Type901
Yet another well satisfied customer of Ed's protective bolster covers. The quality of the material and workmanship is on par with the OEM seats. I've shown the seats with the covers installed to several people, and no one knew it was a cover.
As an added bonus, I'm a 10 mins drive to Ed's home, so I did the pickup there with Ed doing the installation. You could say I got the "white glove" service.
Looking forward to the other products in the pipeline.
cyncrvr

Chiming in as the 981st happy customer! Great product; even when I point it out to folks no one thinks it's aftermarket - literally factory quality and fit and finish!
Great job Ed.
Dr. Ferdinand

Old 03-25-2018, 05:45 PM
Periokid
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

Just put my set of EdGuards on. They look like they belong there and now I won't have to worry about my seats! Thanks Ed!
Old 04-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Periokid
Just put my set of EdGuards on. They look like they belong there and now I won't have to worry about my seats! Thanks Ed!
My Pleasure
Old 05-09-2018, 01:23 PM
brian7272
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ed,
Just sent you a PM, I'm interested in 2 sets of bolster covers.

Thanks
Brian
Old 05-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brian7272
Hi Ed,
Just sent you a PM, I'm interested in 2 sets of bolster covers.

Thanks
Brian
Hi Brian
Please email me at ed@pencom.com
I need to know whether you want stitching on the rear pieces etc ?
Kind regards
Ed
Old 05-09-2018, 02:40 PM
brian7272
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Hi Brian
Please email me at ed@pencom.com
I need to know whether you want stitching on the rear pieces etc ?
Kind regards
Ed
Email sent, thanks Ed.

Regards
Brian

Quick Reply: LWBS Protective Bolster Covers