Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Used GT4 Prices

Old 09-11-2016, 06:26 PM
trebien
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackmist27
however this is the most expensive car i have owned yet.
I think this is the basis for much of the "hand-wringing".

For many, this purchase was probably a halo car or a "stretch"... that was justified by assuming the price value would hold, akin to a GT3. Basically, it kind of is (and was marketed as) an entry level GT3.

Many owners I speak to came from a vehicle that cast about half as much. So they are keeping the eye on values. On average, it seems that the GT4 owners I meet make less than half of what typical GT3 owners make that I know.

Sure, there are the wealthy enthusiast buyers, but also there are a lot of "stretch" buyers that came from the $50k car world.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:57 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

The longer they do not announce a 2017 GT4 the higher the prices will go.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by RDCR
And even if it does it's like watching your house in NorCal appreciate, it only matters when you sell it.
And even when you sell the house, it only really matters if you're moving out of the NorCal market... otherwise if prices are down, you'll buy the next one down, and if they're up, you'll buy the next one up, trading roughly like-for-like...
Old 09-12-2016, 01:36 PM
trebien
Racer

Originally Posted by Mech33
And even when you sell the house, it only really matters if you're moving out of the NorCal market... otherwise if prices are down, you'll buy the next one down, and if they're up, you'll buy the next one up, trading roughly like-for-like...
I thought this is why couchsurfing.com was invented in Norcal?

So you can sell on the high, and then wait to buy on the low?
Old 09-12-2016, 07:25 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Yep, that ties in with my perspective as a contractor on what may ultimately drive GT4 prices:

Housing bubble bursts again . . . . .

Construction takes a dump . . . . .

Economy takes a dump . . . . . .

Contractors/construction labor sell off all of the toys bought during the "it will never end" Euphoria.

It's a nice concept to believe we can ultimately "have our cake and eat it too" with these cars but I don't think it usually works that way. Folks hold onto these cars long term because they love them not as an investment IMHO. If it turns out you held onto the right model that's just a bonus.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:33 PM
ciantosca
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
I may be selling my white gt4 with buckets but havent decided on price yet.
However, if I sell it will be October 12 or so before I sell.
It has nice options and had msrp of 98840
I put roll bar, harnesses, misc. parts for alignment.
Car has about 1980 miles but will be slightly more when I sell next month.
I also have a very nice set of Forgelines with Hoosier R7s that are not new but may still have a few heat cycles left. - these will either go with the car or be sold AFTER I sell the car not before.
I will think about price but email me if you are interested and we can start the dialogue.
GT3 NUT, I sent you a PM regarding your white GT4 coming for sale. I am interested and gave email and cell info. Thanks
Old 09-13-2016, 09:58 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

based on what a dealer bought mine back for with 2800 miles, they should still be over MSRP
Old 09-14-2016, 06:22 PM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

I've been watching the GT4 market very closely for a week now trying to wrap my mind around it.

My research is unscientific, but I have a running list with 12 cars (so far) that I am tracking closely, and a few more I've seen that I am not tracking but keeping running into. At least 3 of these cars, I would probably buy if turns out to be the right car, still trying to get stick time.

I'm running this experiment because I am in the market, can't stop thinking about jumping in, but I lack GT4 drive time experience. So this keeps me focused on it while I search for one I can drive and helps me feel engaged. In a nutshell:
  • dealer cars are asking for 8-17% over MSRP
  • private sale cars are asking for 4-11% over MSRP
  • Paint To Sample cars are asking 20-30% over MSRP

Observations so far:
  • California has a higher sticker to asking "tax" than anywhere else
  • The best values aren't moving immediately -but this doesn't indicate a trend by any means yet

I think owners are doing fine so far, but obviously way too early to know for sure. I'm also doing the same thing with 14/15/16 GT3, but not at the same level of engagement quite yet, only enough to know that if one came along at X, it would be a really good deal.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:04 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

make sure you are adding in the out of pocket expenses that might already be included. A really good clearbra job is about 2K, and paint correction is another grand. Rollbar is 2-5K, belts installed are another 1K, etc....
Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 PM
DavidSB
Intermediate

Keep in mind that dealer premiums generally include a CPO warranty that I think is worth about $2k.
David
Old 09-15-2016, 02:28 AM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Originally Posted by DavidSB
Keep in mind that dealer premiums generally include a CPO warranty that I think is worth about $2k.
Of all 12 of these cars, only 1 is CPO and of the 2 different dealers I've contacted, both want high 2K/low 3K to CPO them.

-V
Old 09-15-2016, 03:04 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

i really don't think the next gt4 will be NA

keeping mine

it's not a perfect car by any means, esp regarding power delivery

but it is very involving, confidence inspiring and exciting to drive, not to mention nice to look at

for 100k or thereabouts, hard to ask for more in a new, tough as nails porsche track rat
Old 09-15-2016, 02:35 PM
electronspeeder
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

My prediction (regardless of what AP is suggesting) for the next GT4:

4-cylinder turbo producing 400HP and and 340lbft of torque.
MSRP $95k+
Manual with same long gear ratios
PDK for clubsport only
Old 09-15-2016, 03:29 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by electronspeeder
My prediction (regardless of what AP is suggesting) for the next GT4:

4-cylinder turbo producing 400HP and and 340lbft of torque.
MSRP $95k+
Manual with same long gear ratios
PDK for clubsport only
next gt4 will have pdk for sure as well as manual

the objective is to broaden the audience for entry level gt cars... pdk thus a requirement... pag has done its penance with 981 gt4 as manual only to assuage the purists PO'd by PDK-only 991 GT3, next round will be to do what the car is intended for fully - broaden the enthusiast base by attracting younger customers
Old 09-15-2016, 04:47 PM
electronspeeder
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
next gt4 will have pdk for sure as well as manual

the objective is to broaden the audience for entry level gt cars... pdk thus a requirement... pag has done its penance with 981 gt4 as manual only to assuage the purists PO'd by PDK-only 991 GT3, next round will be to do what the car is intended for fully - broaden the enthusiast base by attracting younger customers

I was thinking they would continue to use the gearbox to continue the performance gap between the next GT4 and the GT3, considering the next GT4 will probably have slightly more power.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Used GT4 Prices