Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 10:38 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 356 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by systemr
For the street version you have in the pipeline can I put it on a 991.1 C2S since its essentially the same engine?
We will be putting together the Dundon Race and Catted systems for the 991 S family and GTS family after the GT4 Catted and 991 GT3/RS Catted are finished development.

It's in the pipe!
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 08-22-2016, 10:39 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4ttro
Hello Jamie,

Email sent, want to join the group buy.
Deposit request sent! Thank you!

4ttro makes 10, 10 left, act soon, group buy price won't last forever!

Jamie
Old 08-23-2016, 10:01 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

well thats alot of kilowatts i'm in
Old 08-23-2016, 10:14 AM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn that is mighty impressive. I wish I could jump in on this for my Spyder but I must be a good boy for the rest of the year unless I want to risk a divorce!

What's staggering is that much gain without plenum/throttle body!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Knolow
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalrurouni
Damn that is mighty impressive. I wish I could jump in on this for my Spyder but I must be a good boy for the rest of the year unless I want to risk a divorce!

What's staggering is that much gain without plenum/throttle body!
Relationship wise I am sure your spouse will admire the thought and consideration you are taking to ensure you maximize your income by taking advantage of sales (group buys) as opposed to paying full price. Just sayn
Old 08-24-2016, 09:21 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So I can keep it all straight, can all that have paid deposits quote add your rennlist moniker?
1. Alan. C
2. Joel
3. James K.
4. Ben C.
5. d00d
6. Jaime L.
7. Daniel P.
8. Bennet C.
9. No Heel No Toe

All that have requested to be in the GB but haven't sent paypal yet
10. Kenneth C.
11. Robert F.
12. Clay D.
13. Chris W.

Interested and thinking
14. Underblu
15. Mooty

I think this is all of you so far, have a few others that have called asked questions, inquired and are thinking but not pulled the trigger yet...

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 08-25-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:49 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by belfo
I saw the other Rennlist thread with your header mock-up, but do you have pictures of the finished product to share? Curious about fit & finish, flange thickness, and how the headers compare to other designs on the market. Thanks for the help.
with high res close ups of inside at the flanges and the insides of the welds if possible!!

Thanks
Old 08-24-2016, 09:57 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SJJ28
with high res close ups of inside at the flanges and the insides of the welds if possible!!

Thanks
I'll take a picture of our 991 flange and header welds tomorrow as they're in 321SS, the only prototype set we have is in 304 as it's cheap to build and cut up if necessary.

And don't mind at all you checking the quality. Just make sure to ask the same of any other vendor you're going to purchase from.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:41 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 515 Posts

Matt Moreman, Obsessed Garage, has a set of Dundon headers on his 991.1 GT3. Matt went through about a half dozen exhausts before settling on a Dundon exhaust. Matt is very particular about anything that goes on his car. While Matt was at the Smokies event I had a chance to look at his headers. Very nice looking workmanship.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:45 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 515 Posts

Jamie,

Alan = Alan C.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:42 PM
z288racer
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamie, I am thinking about your Group buy. I just finished breaking in the GT4 - 2000 miles. I will bring it in to the dealer to check it out since I hear a distinct mid frequency mechanical noise that increases in intensity with RPM. Sounds like valves. Never heard it before on other Porsches., Assuming all is OK I can go forward. Do you guys hear the same?

I have compared your product with Fabspeed (racing headers only + muffler, nothing else). In their dyno chart for this combination they get a very nice flat torque curve from around 3K rpm to 5k and it goes up from there. Will adding their muffler to your header result in a similar flat curve to avoid the low point your are getting around 4.2k rpm? Do you plan to offer a muffler that will be matched to the header. If so when? Thanks!
Old 08-25-2016, 01:58 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by z288racer
Jamie, I am thinking about your Group buy. I just finished breaking in the GT4 - 2000 miles. I will bring it in to the dealer to check it out since I hear a distinct mid frequency mechanical noise that increases in intensity with RPM. Sounds like valves. Never heard it before on other Porsches., Assuming all is OK I can go forward. Do you guys hear the same?

I have compared your product with Fabspeed (racing headers only + muffler, nothing else). In their dyno chart for this combination they get a very nice flat torque curve from around 3K rpm to 5k and it goes up from there. Will adding their muffler to your header result in a similar flat curve to avoid the low point your are getting around 4.2k rpm? Do you plan to offer a muffler that will be matched to the header. If so when? Thanks!
Congrats on the breakin! Not sure of the sound, shoot us a recording of you can!

Cant really speculate about products we haven't tested. We know our product adds a substantial amount of torque and whp, +41whp at peak. This is without changing anything else, just install onto the factory PSE.

We are planning a lighter weight rear section, this is part of catted rear section development and muffler development.

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 08-25-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:55 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
I'll take a picture of our 991 flange and header welds tomorrow as they're in 321SS, the only prototype set we have is in 304 as it's cheap to build and cut up if necessary. And don't mind at all you checking the quality. Just make sure to ask the same of any other vendor you're going to purchase from.
I have and that's exactly why I asked for what I asked for!
Old 08-25-2016, 09:30 AM
digitalrurouni
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Knolow
Relationship wise I am sure your spouse will admire the thought and consideration you are taking to ensure you maximize your income by taking advantage of sales (group buys) as opposed to paying full price. Just sayn
haha that's a great way to look at it but yeah no that won't fly she's gonna go all on my behind!

That said I look forward to what Dundon does in getting more out of the plenum/throttle body/(possibly catback exhaust) and how it all pans out. Subbed to this thread!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SJJ28
I have and that's exactly why I asked for what I asked for!
Here you go:

Flange weld of Dundon 321SS header tube

Dundon 321SS flange weld

Dundon 321SS flange weld

Dundon 321SS flange weld

Quick Reply: Dundon GT4/Spyder Race Header Group Buy