Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   GT4/Spyder (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder-235/)
-   -   Volk TE37 Ultra's on a GT4. (https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4-spyder/940389-volk-te37-ultras-on-a-gt4.html)

ExMB 07-06-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pr3z (Post 13429903)
I'm not sure how it wouldn't work on track? Maybe it was a different width of wheel. That is the only possibility it could be.

The 20x8.5 +50 gains you more inner clearance, and with stock camber still keeps the wheel inside the fender. Saying an ET50 in the 8.5 width wouldn't work on track is damn near saying the stock wheels don't work on track either.

There is more to it than you think. Try rubbing, compression, etc, etc. There was a complete thread on that issue.

Shockwave 07-06-2016 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ExMB (Post 13429950)
There is more to it than you think. Try rubbing, compression, etc, etc. There was a complete thread on that issue.

Link to said thread please... Can't find it.

Shockwave 07-06-2016 12:43 PM

Example of HRE's in the same size...

20x8.5 +50
20x11 +50

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9177...l#post13152974

Pr3z 07-06-2016 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ExMB (Post 13429950)

Whats he rubbing on? The car slammed with positive camber? There is physically nothing that can be touched by using the stock width and moving the wheel out. It's effectively the same exact thing as a spacer. Sorry. He has something different going on. Width of wheel, ride height, etc. Something is very different on that car.

4ttro 07-06-2016 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pr3z (Post 13430147)
Whats he rubbing on? The car slammed with positive camber? There is physically nothing that can be touched by using the stock width and moving the wheel out. It's effectively the same exact thing as a spacer. Sorry. He has something different going on. Width of wheel, ride height, etc. Something is very different on that car.

How many more sets needed to make order?

Mech33 07-06-2016 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Shockwave (Post 13430091)
Example of HRE's in the same size...

20x8.5 +50
20x11 +50

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9177...l#post13152974

How about 9" wide in the front in the original stock offset instead?

ExMB 07-06-2016 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pr3z (Post 13430147)

Are you associated with a company: Rays, Mackin, some other reseller? You might want to register on RL as a sponsor/vendor.

Considering he posted pics and his alignment specs I prefer to take his word over yours and your assumptions.

Pr3z 07-06-2016 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ExMB (Post 13430295)
Are you associated with a company: Rays, Mackin, some other reseller? You might want to register on RL as a sponsor/vendor.

Considering he posted pics and his alignment specs I prefer to take his word over yours and your assumptions.

I'm not selling anything here, just gauging interest for date later when I will be. But, yes I am one of the larger Mackin dealers in the states.

Until you can post a link on this info you have, there is no legitimacy to it.

Even if there is enough compression on certain tracks to maybe cause rubbing on the top/outer fender, not all of us are track stars or have another car for that.

zmon 07-06-2016 04:30 PM

if were talking about a run of 10 sets of custom wheels why cant we do 19" again?

ExMB 07-06-2016 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pr3z (Post 13430475)
I'm not selling anything here, just gauging interest for date later when I will be. But, yes I am one of the larger Mackin dealers in the states.

I don't know but all of those posting about a special build sound to me like its a done deal; get commitment for non sponsor/vendor sales.

Until you can post a link on this info you have, there is no legitimacy to it.

This happened prior to your sign-up. Please search.

Even if there is enough compression on certain tracks to maybe cause rubbing on the top/outer fender, not all of us are track stars or have another car for that.

Why again are you advertising track fitment when you are now posting doubts about your earlier claim?

ExMB 07-06-2016 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by zmon (Post 13430669)
if were talking about a run of 10 sets of custom wheels why cant we do 19" again?

Post #47

:to_order:

zmon 07-06-2016 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by ExMB (Post 13430769)
Post #47

:to_order:

Thanks.. maybe im being dumb, but 19" is 19" there are other manufacturers putting 19" wheels on GT4s.

Is it a clearance issue of the face? believe there are a few std face profiles and were talking custom widths and offsets..

so long winded answer but post #47 didn't make sense to me.

ExMB 07-06-2016 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by zmon (Post 13430788)
Thanks.. maybe im being dumb, but 19" is 19" there are other manufacturers putting 19" wheels on GT4s.

Is it a clearance issue of the face? believe there are a few std face profiles and were talking custom widths and offsets..

so long winded answer but post #47 didn't make sense to me.

Correct, there are others that have put different manufacturer 19" wheels on their car. They also posted some issues with them that some may not be willing to accept. Therefore there is no universal answer on a 19" fitment and it has to be taken on a case by case basis.

Pr3z 07-06-2016 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ExMB (Post 13430762)
I don't know but all of those posting about a special build sound to me like its a done deal; get commitment for non sponsor/vendor sales.

This happened prior to your sign-up. Please search.

Why again are you advertising track fitment when you are now posting doubts about your earlier claim?

I did search. Zero results about the issue you are saying there might be.

I plan to use mine on the track as usual and am not posting doubts. Just trying to have a semi-technical discussion with you which looks to be impossible. You said compression earlier, so I thought maybe that might be what you were referring to as that is the only possible rubbing you should see if there were to be any which I'm sure there won't be as I've already tested this on my own car with a spacer set up and didn't have any.

ExMB 07-06-2016 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pr3z (Post 13430862)
I did search. Zero results about the issue you are saying there might be.

I plan to use mine on the track as usual and am not posting doubts. Just trying to have a semi-technical discussion with you which looks to be impossible. You said compression earlier, so I thought maybe that might be what you were referring to as that is the only possible rubbing you should see if there were to be any which I'm sure there won't be as I've already tested this on my own car with a spacer set up and didn't have any.

There is nothing about your attempt at a semi technical discussion.
Search term: rubbing; Selection: posts; Forum: GT4; Result: this posts discussing OEM wheels.
There are more some dealing with ET50 front wheels.