Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Anyone willing to swap a configurable allocation, for my incoming car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 02:44 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts
Default Anyone willing to swap a configurable allocation, for my incoming car?

Just a feeler, but was wondering if there is anyone in Eastern US willing to swap their configurable allocation for my incoming GT4? MSRP. My car will be to the dealer soon, I'm glad to wait for yours.

I have a Carrara White Metalic, with LWBs, Red stitching, Silver wheels, PCM, due to arrive in Texas on the ship today! It is a well-equipped car - list $103,250.

My situation is that I don't need a car right now, since I don't do any events in the summer and will likely store it for a few months. Better if I had an October delivery. I'll pay costs.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:04 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

What happened to your first GT4?
Old 06-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

We just hit V250 so locked, sorry
Old 06-20-2016, 03:40 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
What happened to your first GT4?
RL search
Old 06-20-2016, 03:43 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
The one autographed by AP!?
Old 06-20-2016, 03:47 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Wonder how much above MSRP that sig was worth?

Old 06-20-2016, 04:26 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Yes.

The story behind AP's signature was cool enough - with my wife and I getting an invite into the inner workings of Weissach during our Euro delivery. Even PCNA called and wanted to know how I did it. My answer was simple - persistence!

Meeting AP and his "southern" side kick Henry outside of the Motorsports Werks garage was very cool indeed. But that all went south when I repeated some of what AP told me about PDK coming to the the street GT4. Planet-9 picked it up and sent it out as a news release while I was traveling the mountains of Austria. When I returned to the internet, it was all a buzz. However, it turns out most of what he told my wife and I during our long chat in his office, never came true. No PDK on street GT4s, the name of the GT4 racer was supposed to be called the GT4 "Race", not Clubsport according to AP. Then, when questioned publicly about these reports he lied saying he never said it, and even denied meeting or ever speaking with us. He could have been honest and said "I don't have any control of these things, my team just tests these cars, it's up to marketing to decide what to offer".

So, needless to say, he lost all credibility with me. The signatures although cool, became somewhat of an albatross. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the albatross - they are probably a fine bird. Can't say that about our mutual friend.

Originally Posted by ExMB
Wonder how much above MSRP that sig was worth?

I sold the car for a tiny bit back of MSRP. The car did so much for me, that I felt it was fair to let it go at the right price to another Porsche guy.

At the time, I thought it was the right thing to do. My plan was to sell the car, focus on my business, and come back later. But, after one visit to a track event without my car, and I soon realized I made a BIG mistake. I did get lucky and find an available car at MSRP that was configured very closely to what I wanted in my next GT4. Only problem it will be at the dealership in about 2 weeks but I don't need until my next track day is mid October.

I always felt that Porsche would release another group of Allocations as the GT4 is built in Osnabruck and there is nothing preventing Porsche from building more there as ultimately all the sports cars will move production down to Zuffenhausen. And, considering how much is going on in Zuffenhausen right now, with the new 911 and all its variants, plus the new 718 Boxster - I figured the Caymans will not start being produced there until October/November at the earliest.

Would love to get my hands on a configurable allocation, but of course, will be delighted to keep the one I've got coming!
Old 06-20-2016, 04:34 PM
RENN GTS
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Yes. The story behind AP's signature was cool enough - with my wife and I getting an invite into the inner workings of Weissach during our Euro delivery. Even PCNA called and wanted to know how I did it. My answer was simple - persistence! Meeting AP and his "southern" side kick Henry outside of the Motorsports Werks garage was very cool indeed. But that all went south when I repeated some of what AP told me about PDK coming to the the street GT4. Planet-9 picked it up and sent it out as a news release while I was traveling the mountains of Austria. When I returned to the internet, it was all a buzz. However, it turns out most of what he told my wife and I during our long chat in his office, never came true. No PDK on street GT4s, the name of the GT4 racer was supposed to be called the GT4 "Race", not Clubsport according to AP. Then, when questioned publicly about these reports he lied saying he never said it, and even denied meeting or ever speaking with us. He could have been honest and said "I don't have any control of these things, my team just tests these cars, it's up to marketing to decide what to offer". So, needless to say, he lost all credibility with me. The signatures although cool, became somewhat of an albatross. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the albatross - they are probably a fine bird. Can't say that about our mutual friend. I sold the car for a tiny bit back of MSRP. The car did so much for me, that I felt it was fair to let it go at the right price to another Porsche guy. At the time, I thought it was the right thing to do. My plan was to sell the car, focus on my business, and come back later. But, after one visit to a track event without my car, and I soon realized I made a BIG mistake. I did get lucky and find an available car at MSRP that was configured very closely to what I wanted in my next GT4. Only problem it will be at the dealership in about 2 weeks but I don't need until my next track day is mid October. I always felt that Porsche would release another group of Allocations as the GT4 is built in Osnabruck and there is nothing preventing Porsche from building more there as ultimately all the sports cars will move production down to Zuffenhausen. And, considering how much is going on in Zuffenhausen right now, with the new 911 and all its variants, plus the new 718 Boxster - I figured the Caymans will not start being produced there until October/November at the earliest. Would love to get my hands on a configurable allocation, but of course, will be delighted to keep the one I've got coming!
Edited at the request of matttheboatman

Last edited by RENN GTS; 06-20-2016 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:46 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by RENN GTS
YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT?!

I'm not going to speak any further about this, but you and I both know this isn't true.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:08 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT?!

I'm not going to speak any further about this, but you and I both know this isn't true.
Here we go again!

What part of what I said is untrue to you? That I went to Weissach? That I met AP and Henry? That he signed my car? That I sat in his tiny office with my wife for about 30 minutes? That he told me a bunch of stuff that turned out to be inaccurate? Why would I make this stuff up?

I was answering JP's question about selling a car with AP signature and trying to shed some light that it turned out to be not such a cool thing for me.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:17 PM
RENN GTS
Burning Brakes

Here we go again! What part of what I said is untrue to you? That I went to Weissach? That I met AP and Henry? That he signed my car? That I sat in his tiny office with my wife for about 30 minutes? That he told me a bunch of stuff that turned out to be inaccurate? Why would I make this stuff up? I was answering JP's question about selling a car with AP signature and trying to shed some light that it turned out to be not such a cool thing for me.
Edited at the request of matttheboatman

Last edited by RENN GTS; 06-20-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:59 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Don't spin this like you diddn't create the whole issue after you broadcast it on the internet and fed the information. It's not AP's fault for rightfully witholding information that was clearly going in the wrong hands. Guys like you are the very reason nobody else gets to visit Weissach.
Renn GTS, you entitled to believe whatever you want to believe. Your first post said I was lying. My reply was to say that every word I posted was 100% the accurate truth, so help me God. No spin intended.

Renn, If you would like to debate this further, send me a PM.

The Red GT4 is sold, signatures and all. Now, a fresh white one is incoming soon.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:09 PM
RENN GTS
Burning Brakes

Renn GTS, you entitled to believe whatever you want to believe. Your first post said I was lying. My reply was to say that every word I posted was 100% the accurate truth, so help me God. No spin intended. Renn, If you would like to debate this further, send me a PM. The Red GT4 is sold, signatures and all. Now, a fresh white one is incoming soon.
Edited at the request
Of matttheboatman

Last edited by RENN GTS; 06-20-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:27 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

So this would be the 3rd GT4 you'd spec to your personal liking?
Old 06-20-2016, 06:45 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mech33
So this would be the 3rd GT4 you'd spec to your personal liking?
The incoming CMW would be my 2nd GT4, but it was spec'd by the dealer a long while ago. Don't get me wrong, glad to have ANY GT4 with LWBs at this point, but would love to get an allocation where it could be spec'd to my liking.

Quick Reply: Anyone willing to swap a configurable allocation, for my incoming car?